Reality Check

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Everyone dreaming about what could be this year just got a rude awakening from the Vikings. We are not ready to seriously compete in the playoffs. This was a real test, a chance for us to come out and show the world we're serious and we played our worst game of the season.

Countless missed sacks and tackles. Getting beat up front physically on both sides of the ball. Not making a play when we absolutely need to have one. Not showing mental toughness and responding to adversity when it's needed (Kupp).

I love this team and I know we are better than Seattle. But this Vikings defense is better than Seattle's and they gave it to us. That coupled with the fact that we cannot consistently stop the run on defense and are shaky at corner (Webster, Hatfield). We are weak at the point of attack at times and cannot get off blocks. We won't win tough physical games in the postseason if we can't win up front.

We have grown so much but there is so much more room for improvement. Goff isn't going to step up and take over games like he's Brady or Brees and expecting him to isn't realistic right now. Especially not against defenses of that caliber.

Let's see how we respond next week against the Saints. Big time players make big time plays in big time games, and today no one wanted to step up.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes it was a tough game on the road against a great team. But this was our first real playoff test and we couldn't step up in the moment. That's not at all concerning to you guys? To lose in THAT fashion?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We are not ready to seriously compete in the playoffs.

This is my different opinion.

Good teams lose. They all do.

This team is good. If the Vikes were a rude awakening we didn’t exactly get blown out.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Overreact much?

Not every win and loss is "for real" or "pretender." First off, this is a road game against a 7-2 team, people thinking this would be easy are the ones fooling themselves. This was a 7-7 game late in the third, got away from us. Sucks, and the box score looks bad, but that's the way it goes.

Rams have a ton of opportunities to right the ship. Starting next week in a big game at home. McVay and crew have earned the benefit of the doubt.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
One game at a time. We're still a very young team. How we respond is what matters. On to NOLA.

Hope Woods is okay.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Sky.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Giants just beat the Chiefs. Imagine how they feel. :shocking:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Dude your post would come whenever they lose their 1st game during this streak... it happens. The turning point was the fumble and it was a 7 point game with 10 minutes left I think.

So if the Saints lose at home to a beat up Skins team then they are not ready either? And thery just got saved by an odd intentional grounding call at end of regulation.

Not going to win them all and this was as tough spot, yet they easily could have been up 14-7 at half.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sometimes it's about matchups.
Viking at home are a tough matchup for anyone.
Got beaten in the trenches.
Need some healthy DBs.
So it goes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get our injured players back, we are ready to seriously compete in the playoffs. But we're probably not ready to win a Super Bowl.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Giants beat the Chiefs, Redskins have taken the Saints to overtime in the Dome and I'm supposed to panic we lost on the road? LOL

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand we were the underdog and not expected to win. But we came out SOOOOO flat and no one made any plays.

Losing isn't the concerning thing to me it's how we lost.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Sometimes it's about matchups.
Viking at home are a tough matchup for anyone.
Got beaten in the trenches.
Need some healthy DBs.
So it goes.

Pretty much, definitely need to improve our depth at DB this coming offseason though

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But we came out SOOOOO flat and no one made any plays.
Didn't we score on the opening drive?

Also, Minnesota is 8-2 for a reason.
Fuck those guys, but they have a good defense and good receivers.

fearsomefour

Legend
Giants just beat the Chiefs. Imagine how they feel. :shocking:
The over under in the Bucs Miami game was 44....TB scored a TD covering a kickoff to Miami with an expired clock to push the total over......now that hurts.

jap

Legend
It seems some of you are very quick to forget this is the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. I would not even be considering us as threats for the Super Bowl if it wasn't for the fact that we have such outstanding teachers in this coaching regime. Even so, young players tend to make mistakes in big games, and our Horns are not immuned to this tendency. This is the first game in a 5-game gauntlet series, and we drop the first one. Will we rise and keep on fighting through to the end? I am confident we will.