Reality Check

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get our injured players back, we are ready to seriously compete in the playoffs. But we're probably not ready to win a Super Bowl.
Yup and I've used the phrase before but we're on house money this year. The improvement we've seen so far and the production from many different players to date make the future look very very bright. I for one a am excited for the future.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The positive thing is Goff I thought held up on a day when he faced a lot of pressure and they could not or would not run the ball. His receivers did not help much either.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I expected the loss, but I thought the Rams would make it a close game.

Goff looked solid, but I noticed we called the same plays over and over. No Gurley and we go flat. I hate being one dimensional on play call against good defenses.

RAMNATION

Rookie
" We are who we thought we were".
I feel we knew all along that we were vulnerable to the run, especially the longer running was an option.
The beauty of this is we can recover from this. We pulled out the old Boras playbook, played conservatively and hoped the defense would win.
Did Tavon have one jet sweep?

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Its not like the Rams lost to the giants or browns, this is a good minnesota team and the Rams didnt play their best ball today.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It seems some of you are very quick to forget this is the 2nd youngest team in the NFL. I would not even be considering us as threats for the Super Bowl if it wasn't for the fact that we have such outstanding teachers in this coaching regime. Even so, young players tend to make mistakes in big games, and our Horns are not immuned to this tendency. This is the first game in a 5-game gauntlet series, and we drop the first one. Will we rise and keep on fighting through to the end? I am confident we will.

Yeah, big time lack of context here.... The fact that we can even mention SB and Rams in same breath in week 11 is kind of amazing.

Key will be how do they respond.... and hopefully the injuries are not serious.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I also think we need to see more of Everett. Has Higbee ever caught a contested pass?

Get Everett involved, he should be a matchup nightmare for most teams.

TexasRam

Legend
I feel good about how competitve we played before our DB B team came in due to injury.

Kupp fumbled one and dropped another huge gainer, or we are winning on the road vs a tough team.

Goff looked real real good in this playoff atmosphere but his supporting cast weren’t on their A game.

No biggie.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
We are not ready to seriously compete in the playoffs.
I'd agree....

We made some major improvements this season...but to get over the hump and compete against playoff teams....and in my opinion, Minnesota IS NOT a major player in the post season in the NFC....Panthers, New Orleans, and everybody's favorite team to hate now, the Eagles are.....
Can't run when we need/want to.....and can't stop the run...the wr stuff ( clearly....no one has learned, there is a REASON some consider SAMMY WATKINS a #1 wr.....not Woods...not bad option 2 tho...not Kupp....not Higbee)....targets are all fucked up. So hopefully some REALITY WILL CHECK DOWN NOT ONLY INTO THE COACHES ROOM, BUT IN THE PLAYERS...SPECIFICALLY GOFF'S. The play calls...maybe it was noise.

And.....IDK....we need to get more athletic in the secondary....esp. the backups...you can be as smart as a whip...but that won't help on the field when others are better....Thielman is a stud....you can't put guys like Hatfield on the field...Reality....40 times do matter...same with size at NG....and ILB....love me some Barron...but he's not a ILB...probably could be an all pro strong safety tho...decent ILB....against that Minn line, they seemed to run inside but off the tackles, right at him.

We'll play 3 more playoff teams....and two divisional opponents...tough games...it will help shape our future how our team performs.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
7-3, not as good a team and Minnesota, we shall see next week vs the Saints. Would have thought the rams would be closer to 3-7 at this point, honestly. Been a great year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
My concern is health, Goff, Woods, Webster. Goff was having difficulty throwing 2nd half he was just tough and stayed in

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Vikings have a great OL. Case Keenum did not even get sacked and he had time to move around and scan the field. Rams Defensive Line got pushed around by the Vikes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also think we need to see more of Everett. Has Higbee ever caught a contested pass?

Get Everett involved, he should be a matchup nightmare for most teams.

I said the same thing during that game. Higbee is a good athlete, but he's just not making the big plays when we need them.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We're a super young team that did what super young teams do. Make mistakes that cost them a game.

We're also doing things that super young teams aren't supposed to do, going 7-3 to open the season. We're still in good position to make the playoffs, and that's the goal this year. We're going to get better next year, the window hasn't even opened up for us yet, this is going to be a really good team for a long time. It doesn't come overnight.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I hear what you're saying OP, this was a big test and we fell flat. Honestly I was super confident going into the game. I figured Case would be the deciding factor and would collapse under the pressure, but he proved us all wrong. This should have been one of the "easier" tests we had this stretch, IMO. I'd rather go against case than Wentz or Brees any day of the week. The most awakening factor for me is how weak we are when our starters are absent. Our D got manhandled today, especially our secondary. If NRC and Webster are absent vs NOLA, i don't want to know what Brees will do next Sunday.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I kind of see some of the same problems they had in 99'.

Yes, this is not the GSOT, but remember that team did not beat a team in reg season with a winning record. Then in the playoffs the two physical teams they played really slowed them down, barely winning at home against the Bucs, only scoring 11 points. Then hanging on to beat the Titans.

I remember Vermeil said after the SB that the Rams had to get more physical on offense. And they kind of did by adding Hodgins as a beast FB blocker.

Anyway, I see this as a finesse offense right now. On 3rd and short they can't run it and they can't gash teams between the tackles unless the passing game opens up the run game.

Likely Sullivan at center hurts us there, just not physical enough. Need to add a young physical OC next year to at least learn behind Sullivan.

So in any event they are ahead of schedule, but sure there are still holes here and there and maybe a physical FB could help as well.

Ellard80

Legend
Well..it's only one loss but we have ridiculously tough schedule. ..if we don't step up more than today we won't make the playoffs

Next week will be a big moment

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams lose a road game against a 7-2 team and people run to the bridges to jump off

Comical

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well..it's only one loss but we have ridiculously tough schedule. ..if we don't step up more than today we won't make the playoffs

Next week will be a big moment

Definitely, nothing guaranteed with that schedule.

The positive thing is if they come through it okay, they will be battle tested for the playoffs more than most teams. Plus, I would not mind playing the Vikings again. They can be had. this game turned on a few plays and a key injury.