LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Hey everybody, what's up! New to the forum obviously, but I like what I've seen so far. I'm the middle of the road type, meaning I try to always be realistic, but I sometimes cant help but be overly optimistic :sly: but I'm forever and always a big Rams fan.

I'm not much of a poster, but I most definitely like to stay informed about our Rams. I lurked around over on STL Today website for about a year and most of those guys make me :amped: every time they touch the keyboard, so I couldn't take it anymore. Guys on here are much more civil.

Can't wait for the season to start. Let us all hope that we have plenty to cheer for this year. GO RAMS!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
hollywood1087 said:
Hey everybody, what's up! New to the forum obviously, but I like what I've seen so far. I'm the middle of the road type, meaning I try to always be realistic, but I sometimes cant help but be overly optimistic :sly: but I'm forever and always a big Rams fan.

I'm not much of a poster, but I most definitely like to stay informed about our Rams. I lurked around over on STL Today website for about a year and most of those guys make me :amped: every time they touch the keyboard, so I couldn't take it anymore. Guys on here are much more civil.

Can't wait for the season to start. Let us all hope that we have plenty to cheer for this year. GO RAMS!!!
Welcome aboard, Hollywood (Dyer).

I think we should put it to a vote:

"Who thinks Hollywood should do more posting and less lurking?"

vote_1.jpg

It's unanimous. Looking forward to hearing from you. :mrgreen:

StlouisramsX said:
hollywood1087 said:

Welcome aboard, Hollywood (Dyer).

I think we should put it to a vote:

"Who thinks Hollywood should do more posting and less lurking?"

vote_1.jpg

It's unanimous. Looking forward to hearing from you. :mrgreen:

Thanx man, I'll join in on the threads more lol

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
Welcome Bo! I'm also called Bo and been a fan since foursome days as well. I work with a lot of engineers so I know what ya mean. ( I have to help them fight out of wet paper sacks on a regular basis :p Welcome, I don't see any negativity here so don't be a recluse while you are here. Kinda jealous about all the games you get to go to though!

Thanks.

It was hard to get tickets to the Rams in LA in the late 70's early 80's ...but after that just had to show up and buy them from one of a 100 dudes standing out side at half off face value.
When I moved back here I had no clue the Rams would come here...None
I had PSL's here at first but the CO. I work for has them.now....So I use my postion to get them every game. Heheheehee

Yes wet paper sacks pose a seroius issue for us engineers
Our mantra we chant every day is Righty tighty....Lefty lucy.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
StlouisramsX said:
Yamahopper said:
Everyone calls me Bo.
I have been reading the Ram boards for years though I never post. Not sure if I will post here either.
I'm tired of negativity that is found on some of the other places.....Everyone has a right to thier opinions. Not a Koolaide drinker...I'm a realist.
Been a ram fan since fearsome foursome days. Grew up in VERY rural Mo. I played QB/Lb in high school and had offers to play Div. II ball....So I moved to LA. and raced motorcross and the desert (no I never won anything big, but I have tasted the dirt in the Collisuem).

When I came back to St. Louis years later the Rams followed a few weeks after that. I have missed only 4 Ram games since 87.
I'm a engineer so I can't spell.
I used to be a Sabermathican till Kieth Law and that bunch of idiots started making stuff up.
Hey welcome man. I do hope you post over here - you seem to have a lot to say, and it certainly sounds interesting. Awesome that you raced motocross -- I was a bit of an amateur in that regard. Mostly out in rural areas with piles and piles of candy sand. We'd all meet out there and see who would break something first. Kawasaki KX500 with a power band. I miss those days and that bike. I myself have been following the Rams since 1978, but got rabid about them in the late 80's. As you can see, my rabidness (is that a word?) has gone to a whole new level.

So, as the Tubes would say, "Step right up and don't be shy".

[mp3]http://vbt.typepad.com/Shes%20a%20Beauty.mp3[/mp3]

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I still have a KX500 that I ride every so often, kinda lets a guy know he's alive when the throttle gets twisted.

Ramatik

Starter
Yamahopper said:
StlouisramsX said:
Yamahopper said:
Everyone calls me Bo.
I have been reading the Ram boards for years though I never post. Not sure if I will post here either.
I'm tired of negativity that is found on some of the other places.....Everyone has a right to thier opinions. Not a Koolaide drinker...I'm a realist.
Been a ram fan since fearsome foursome days. Grew up in VERY rural Mo. I played QB/Lb in high school and had offers to play Div. II ball....So I moved to LA. and raced motorcross and the desert (no I never won anything big, but I have tasted the dirt in the Collisuem).

When I came back to St. Louis years later the Rams followed a few weeks after that. I have missed only 4 Ram games since 87.
I used to be a Sabermathican till Kieth Law and that bunch of idiots started making stuff up.
Hey welcome man. I do hope you post over here - you seem to have a lot to say, and it certainly sounds interesting. Awesome that you raced motocross -- I was a bit of an amateur in that regard. Mostly out in rural areas with piles and piles of candy sand. We'd all meet out there and see who would break something first. Kawasaki KX500 with a power band. I miss those days and that bike. I myself have been following the Rams since 1978, but got rabid about them in the late 80's. As you can see, my rabidness (is that a word?) has gone to a whole new level.

I still have a KX500 that I ride every so often, kinda lets a guy know he's alive when the throttle gets twisted.

Greetings Yamahopper! Welcome to the club. I sold my Kawasaki KLR 650 a little while back. Kinda heavy to do much motocross, but was a sweet bike. I'm a street cruiser now. The dirt hurts. Did I tell you guys about the time my kid cut his fingers off in motocross? Sheeesh. Fun times, fun times.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Hey guys. I'm a 22 yr old from Jeff City that's been a Rams fan my entire life. Currently a resident in K.C. though, but plan on making as many games as I can this season, with definite plans to watch our Rams beat the Chiefs in St.L. I've only started following the Rams very closely via Twitter updates (Thanks @Ramsherd and @Turfshowtimes especially) and haven't been much of a forum-goer for a while. But my job has some downtime between when I'm running my tests (I'm a Software Engineer) so I'll probably be a regular here now that I've been reading some posts and like what I've seen so far.

As you can tell by my forum name, my favorite NFL player of all time is #80 Isaac Bruce. I thought "The Greatest Show on Turf" was the best thing I've ever witnessed in the NFL and can't wait till Bradford brings it back for us!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iBruce said:
Hey guys. I'm a 22 yr old from Jeff City that's been a Rams fan my entire life. Currently a resident in K.C. though, but plan on making as many games as I can this season, with definite plans to watch our Rams beat the Chiefs in St.L. I've only started following the Rams very closely via Twitter updates (Thanks @Ramsherd and @Turfshowtimes especially) and haven't been much of a forum-goer for a while. But my job has some downtime between when I'm running my tests (I'm a Software Engineer) so I'll probably be a regular here now that I've been reading some posts and like what I've seen so far.

As you can tell by my forum name, my favorite NFL player of all time is #80 Isaac Bruce. I thought "The Greatest Show on Turf" was the best thing I've ever witnessed in the NFL and can't wait till Bradford brings it back for us!
Good deal, man - good to have you on board. Ike's my favorite Ram of all time as well. Had the chance to meet him a few times and his boatload of brothers and sisters down here in FLA. Genuinely good guy for sure.

We just got involved with Twitter, so if you'd like, you can add us too at @ramsondemand. TST and Herd do provide a ton of updates, and through our various other sources on Twitter, we're able to keep the content fresh here. Glad to hear you appreciate the vibe, and we look forward to seeing more of what you've got to say.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ramatik said:
Yamahopper said:
StlouisramsX said:
Yamahopper said:
Everyone calls me Bo.

Greetings Yamahopper! Welcome to the club. I sold my Kawasaki KLR 650 a little while back. Kinda heavy to do much motocross, but was a sweet bike. I'm a street cruiser now. The dirt hurts. Did I tell you guys about the time my kid cut his fingers off in motocross? Sheeesh. Fun times, fun times.

DUDE! That just happened to my best friend's kid about 2 months ago. They were able to save them except half of his pinkie. Kids heal fast though and he's fine. He lost control, sent the bike airborne, and stuck his up to protect himself as the bike landed on him. Of course, the sprocket was just in the right place.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hello all....Many of you know me from the Post Dispatch, and am glad to be here. Believe it or not, I was reading the Training Camp thread by theHammer, when I got a notice from a reply on some thread I had commented on at the PD......I told myself, "C'mon, this is good stuff I'm reading here.....!" but then curiosity got the best of me and Iclicked on the Post Dispatch. I was underwhelmed (as normal) by the converation/content of the PD thread...

Anymore, I get upset by all of the negativity at the PD, which makes this site so refreshing.

X...I never saw "the Dude" icon over at the PD, and you say your name is Paul? It's ok to come out and tell the truth, Mr. Jeff Bridges... :bg:
Remember, "The Dude Abides"

PS: Yes, I'm a blue and white helmet old guy, Rams fan since 1969.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LoyalRam said:
Hello all....Many of you know me from the Post Dispatch, and am glad to be here. Believe it or not, I was reading the Training Camp thread by theHammer, when I got a notice from a reply on some thread I had commented on at the PD......I told myself, "C'mon, this is good stuff I'm reading here.....!" but then curiosity got the best of me and Iclicked on the Post Dispatch. I was underwhelmed (as normal) by the converation/content of the PD thread...

Anymore, I get upset by all of the negativity at the PD, which makes this site so refreshing.

X...I never saw "the Dude" icon over at the PD, and you say your name is Paul? It's ok to come out and tell the truth, Mr. Jeff Bridges... :bg:
Remember, "The Dude Abides"

PS: Yes, I'm a blue and white helmet old guy, Rams fan since 1969.
Glad you came over, LoyalRam - you're alright in my book. As for me, I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I kinda split my time with the PD site too, but as you can probably tell, my interest is waning over there. It'll probably get better over there when the season starts, but by then we'll be knee deep in quality cats on this board, so I won't have much use for that one. :what:

Hi my name is Glenn living in Oklahoma. I've been a ram fan since 1967. Roman Gabriel has to be my all time favorite Ram but there are several that are a close second. I still believe if Eric Dickerson had remained with the Rams, Emmitt Smith might still be playing trying to break the rushing record. LOL. I lived in the Los Angeles area back in the late 70's and went to a few games there. I've been a season ticket holder since 2001.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ssokramsfan said:
Hi my name is Glenn living in Oklahoma. I've been a ram fan since 1967. Roman Gabriel has to be my all time favorite Ram but there are several that are a close second. I still believe if Eric Dickerson had remained with the Rams, Emmitt Smith might still be playing trying to break the rushing record. LOL. I lived in the Los Angeles area back in the late 70's and went to a few games there. I've been a season ticket holder since 2001.
Good to have ya Glenn.

I wish I had been able to see Roman Gabriel play. I've read a lot about him, and did a piece on him several years ago - sounds like a genuinely good guy and a presence in the backfield.

Ramatik

Starter
Ramhusker said:
Ramatik said:
Yamahopper said:
StlouisramsX said:
Yamahopper said:
Everyone calls me Bo.

DUDE! That just happened to my best friend's kid about 2 months ago. They were able to save them except half of his pinkie. Kids heal fast though and he's fine. He lost control, sent the bike airborne, and stuck his up to protect himself as the bike landed on him. Of course, the sprocket was just in the right place.

That's good news. Bikes can be dangerous, especially so in the dirt. (but then again, so can walking across the street) My son was going up a very steep hill, and kinda just lost steam and it stopped. The bike started to tip and he started falling off backwards down the hill. He reached out with his hand and caught it right between the chain and the sprocket. He had good gloves on, thank goodness. Doc said, Well, 13-14 years old is a good time to do this, because the growth plates are pretty much done growing, but you still heal quickly. If you looked at his hands now, you couldn't tell at all. He's 22 now so that was 6-7 years ago. They did some magic there. He gets a little numbness at the very tips, but other than that he's waiting till he gets older so he can tell when it's gonna rain.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ramatik said:
Ramhusker said:
Ramatik said:
Yamahopper said:
StlouisramsX said:
Yamahopper said:
Everyone calls me Bo.

That's good news. Bikes can be dangerous, especially so in the dirt. (but then again, so can walking across the street) My son was going up a very steep hill, and kinda just lost steam and it stopped. The bike started to tip and he started falling off backwards down the hill. He reached out with his hand and caught it right between the chain and the sprocket. He had good gloves on, thank goodness. Doc said, Well, 13-14 years old is a good time to do this, because the growth plates are pretty much done growing, but you still heal quickly. If you looked at his hands now, you couldn't tell at all. He's 22 now so that was 6-7 years ago. They did some magic there. He gets a little numbness at the very tips, but other than that he's waiting till he gets older so he can tell when it's gonna rain.

Sounds like the same deal. Glad to hear your son came out of it good. Crazy how things can happen like that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ssokramsfan said:

Welcome man! I feel the same way about Gabriel. He's why I'm a fan of the Rams today. Think the same about the 29 too. I'm kinda jealous about the season ticket holder thing though! :nono:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
Ramatik said:
Ramhusker said:
Ramatik said:
Yamahopper said:
StlouisramsX said:
Yamahopper said:
Everyone calls me Bo.

Sounds like the same deal. Glad to hear your son came out of it good. Crazy how things can happen like that.

Sorry to hear about your son and his fingers.I'm glad he was able regain use of them.That kind of accident happens
more than people think.

In 78 a we were riding on the beach south of Ensenada and this one dude JoJo, fell off doing a slow turn and run his fingers thru the sprocket...Geez what a mess.
The worse thing about it was due to the terrain he had to ride himself the 10 miles back to the truck.
We took him to the hospital... and you NEVER get anything re-attached in a Mexican hospital, so he lost his index, middle and ring fingers.

He was worried that he would get the nickname stubby...But once he said the bad thing was he couldn't hold a beer and flip some one off anymore he became forever known
as No bird !!!

cutter

UDFA
Name
cutter
Hey all. My name is Bill but everyone calls me Cutter. I grew up a Chiefs fan but don't hold that against me. That was back in the days of Otis Taylor, Len Dawson, Buck Buchanon, and the !st Super Bowl.

That was then and this is now. I am all about the Rams now (although I still keep an eye on the Chiefs). This season seems full of promise and at I believe we can now, at least, field a competitive team, if not a pretty frisky one!

I have lurked for a while and love the positive views on this forum. It appears to be very well setup and I congratulate the person(s) that did it!

The PD is a den of whiners, armchair experts who know nothing, and blind loyalists who still think Rich Brooks was a great coach.

Glad to be here. I don't post often but admire the work of those that do. When I have an opinion, it may be the direct opposite of yours, but I will always agree to respectfully disagree if you refuse to admit you are wrong! (humor).

PS I am sometimes a wise guy but it is always in fun!!

joeybittick

Rookie
cutter said:
Hey all. My name is Bill but everyone calls me Cutter. I grew up a Chiefs fan but don't hold that against me. That was back in the days of Otis Taylor, Len Dawson, Buck Buchanon, and the !st Super Bowl.

That was then and this is now. I am all about the Rams now (although I still keep an eye on the Chiefs). This season seems full of promise and at I believe we can now, at least, field a competitive team, if not a pretty frisky one!

I have lurked for a while and love the positive views on this forum. It appears to be very well setup and I congratulate the person(s) that did it!

The PD is a den of whiners, armchair experts who know nothing, and blind loyalists who still think Rich Brooks was a great coach.

Glad to be here. I don't post often but admire the work of those that do. When I have an opinion, it may be the direct opposite of yours, but I will always agree to respectfully disagree if you refuse to admit you are wrong! (humor).

PS I am sometimes a wise guy but it is always in fun!!

Hey man, welcome to the board, good to have you! I think everyone here appreciates some good humor. And the more opinions the better, cos I know everyone here is respectful of each other. And as far as how to congratulate on the site, our almighty Admin X deserves all the credit :bowdown: . Again, welcome man, and hope you enjoy.