LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Two other movies we watched

Fury

6/10

This was one movie I was really looking forward to , and then was disappointed , sounded like a good plot , an American Army tank crew towards the end of WWII , with a great cast , Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Peña, A tank crew that had been through and seen a lot of ( Bleep ) , in the war , but it just turns out be a somewhat unlikeable film

Bridge of Spies

7.5/10

A pretty good movie , probably more for History buffs like myself , the movie takes place in the late 1950 , during the Cold War , we had captured a Russian spy , while at the same time , Russia shot down one of our U-2 spy planes , and so the USA get Tom Hanks to negotiate the enchange of the two prisoners , as the negotiations take place in East Berlin , just as the Soviet Union is building the wall , pretty scary time for everyone

Now the movie stars Tom Hanks , directed by Steven Spielberg , and written by the Coen brothers , so it probably doesn't get much better then that , but it's basically just a 2 1/2 hour negotiations movie , again , like my review for The Martian , nothing really much happens , but it is a movie well worth watching at least once , especially those who are interested in both American and World History ,

What Makes Us Americans

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Mad Max: Fury Road
8/10
I loved the action and visuals of this movie, it was just pure eye candy. Overall I really liked this movie!
Jurassic World
7/10
I loved dinosaurs and the original Jurassic Park as a kid so I was hoping that it would be good. The plot wasn't the greatest but it was full of suspense and dino action. The ending was predictable but it was ok, I enjoyed it overall.
Ant Man
5.5/10
I was hesitant to even watch it as the whole concept seemed ridiculous. It was ok but overall my least favorite Marvel movie I've seen. I'm glad I did see it though because ant man will be in the upcoming Captain America movie so at least I know the back ground on him.
Im really looking forward to watching Deadpool this weekend.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Deadpool: 8/10

The only thing I didn't like was that they overdid it on the swearing. Seemed like every other line had fuck or shit in it. Not that it bothers or offends me, just hearing it over and over makes me cringe. The Deadpool charm is when he delivers witty lines (which there were), not swearing over and over.

Movie was fun though. Not the standard origin story formula. Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead are fun, too. The villain, Ajax was alright. Angel Dust (Gina Carano's character) was the better villain in the movie. And hotter too. There's also a post credit scene, too so stay for that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Deadpool. 8/10

Crude, violent, funny, they did it right... I can't wait for more... Not an instant classic or anything, but solid and worth it to watch.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to see it likely. I'm halfway expecting to come out missing the old days of kicking in doors and night raids, and then halfway silently bitching at inaccuracies. I'm actually nervous because it's the lady who directed Hurt Locker, which was a pile of crap in terms of how it actually happens. The locations looked like Iraq, but everything else was horrible.

But we'll see.

Can you please explain how it actually does happen because when i first saw that movie i thought it was fantastic. Though it lost me in the middle section.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, "I Am Legend" was on TNT last night. Or FX. Something.

I love that movie. Seen it about 20 times.

The main zombie, the one who unleashes the dogs on Will Smith, the one who breaks into the house at the end and throws Will Smith around with his mouth, and of course, the one who breaks through the glass wall at the very end -- this zombie -- I started wondering, who would this guy have been before the virus got him?

Immediately I start thinking he had to be some football player. Or maybe a hockey player? Or maybe FDNY?

Now that I think about it, I don't know.

But if that zombie was a football player, who would he have been? I'm thinking like an Adam Archuleta. Or even a Sam Bradford.

Okay, I think this post stinks. Carry on.

I didn't like that movie at all. The zombies were supposed to be out of control but a zombie unleashes dogs. Seriously. Gives well smith the I'm gonna get you stare. C'mon.

I did like the scene where smith had to follow his dog into a building that had no light. That was creepy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wolf of Wall Street was pretty awesome. I'd give 8.5 out of 10. Kind of hard to believe that it was all a true story. None the less, Leo kills it in this roll as he usually does. Very good movie, and you hardly notice that it's 3 hours long.

I'd give that movie a 0 out of 10. I actually stopped watching it after half an hour of the most tedious shit I've ever seen. Ok, we get it. They do drugs get drunk and fuck hookers. It just kept going on and on about it. And that was just the first half hour. That 10 minute mind numbing bit about them discussing midgets was enough for me.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

These are the good movies I've watched in the last month.

Place beyond the Pines 9/10. Would have given it 10 but the last 3rd of the movie brought it down a bit.

The departed 9/10. I can't explain how good this movie is to watch.

The babadook 8/10. Good kinda horror movie. May have casted the most irritating child in the history of movies. Is it wrong to pull for the babadook?

Oculus 8/10. Yeah it's a bit stupid but still an interesting movie throughout except the ending was less than stellar.

Drag me to hell 9/10. What a fun horror movie. Some parts had me in stitches and cringing at the same time. The worst thing you can do watching a horror movie is over analysing it. Just sit back and enjoy the fun.

The hunt 8/10. Foreign movie about a man falsely accused of sexually assaulting a child. Interesting, tense movie.

Rec 9/10. Spanish horror movie. Much better than the Hollywood Rip off of it. Quarantine i think it was called. Watch this at night in the dark. Creepy.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Inception

1/10

This movie gets great ratings. I never watched it because the storyline did not draw me in.

Gave it a shot... I probably should have given it more time, but shut it off after 20-25 minutes.

The whole dream world concept was too far fetched for me. And... The movie was making me think too much. I don't watch a movie to work my brain, quite the opposite!

fearsomefour

Legend
Two other movies we watched

Fury

6/10

This was one movie I was really looking forward to , and then was disappointed , sounded like a good plot , an American Army tank crew towards the end of WWII , with a great cast , Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Peña, A tank crew that had been through and seen a lot of ( Bleep ) , in the war , but it just turns out be a somewhat unlikeable film

Bridge of Spies

7.5/10

A pretty good movie , probably more for History buffs like myself , the movie takes place in the late 1950 , during the Cold War , we had captured a Russian spy , while at the same time , Russia shot down one of our U-2 spy planes , and so the USA get Tom Hanks to negotiate the enchange of the two prisoners , as the negotiations take place in East Berlin , just as the Soviet Union is building the wall , pretty scary time for everyone

Now the movie stars Tom Hanks , directed by Steven Spielberg , and written by the Coen brothers , so it probably doesn't get much better then that , but it's basically just a 2 1/2 hour negotiations movie , again , like my review for The Martian , nothing really much happens , but it is a movie well worth watching at least once , especially those who are interested in both American and World History ,

What Makes Us Americans

Bridge of Spies was excellent I thought.
Fury was one of the worst movies I have seen in years. Beyond dumb.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going to throw an old cartoon classic in here: The Iron Giant. A rating of 8.5/10.

You have to love the Vin Diesel movies where he doesn't talk so much. If you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy and loved Groot, you will adore this movie. Set in 1957 with the Red Scare going on, the Giant crashes in the sea off of Maine. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll love the characters.

So, yeah, that's a movie I'd recommend watching, especially if you have little kids.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Birdman: 5/10

This film is one of the best reviewed movies of the year so I had very high hopes for it. It's tough to live up to that sort of hype and "Birdman" doesn't.

What I liked: The acting. Keaton, Watts, Norton and Stone were all fantastic. Keaton should probably make a place for his Oscar. It would be well-deserved. I also liked the constant tracking shot that runs through the whole film--it's almost hypnotic and within the confines of the theater where it takes place the trick works well to give a feeling of claustrophobia, and running in circles, a great metaphor of Michael Keaton's mental state.

Keaton plays a version of his true life self. Like "Birdman" he played the part of a superhero--a major franchise-- who quit the franchise and somewhat disappeared from the world.

The character "Riggan Thomson" wants to prove .himself of value, to show his real acting chops, to be respected for his true talent and not just some "guy in a suit". "Birdman" takes a slap at the superficial films of today and screams for movies or plays that challenge actors, that justify their existence. But why not sell out and do the costume thing--there's big money, you're loved for it, it doesn't matter what critics write. It's the easier path. But somehow, as an actor, it leaves you empty--missing something. And actors are a funny self-absorbed bunch.

What I didn't like: The characters. They aren't very likeable, frankly. I wasn't cheering for any of them and would not want to know any of them. While the film does a great job as a character study--they weren't particularly characters I wanted to study. Are actors really like this? I'm sure some are and some aren't. Riggan Thomson seems to be mentally falling apart under this play he is starring in and directing--where everything can ride upon a single review. He has a difficult actor to work with(Norton) a guy who could sabotage his whole play, a daughter(Stone) who he barely seems to know and a relationship with another actress who may or may not be pregnant. Their lives are sort of sad.

There are fanciful scenes. Are they only in Riggan's mind? Are they real? Is he crazy?

The ending lets you draw your own conclusion.

But it doesn't really matter.

The movie wants to make statements about actors, today's cinema, theater and critics.

It's not a terrible film but it does feel a bit long and I didn't find myself wanting to spend much time with the characters.

In terms of acting though? Great performances.

Cinematography? Fantastic.

great review of the film. the cinematography was outstanding, the only thing that kept me interested in the movie.

i loved the part when his birdman conscious was badgering him about making another birdman movie. when the explosions and jets started flying around he started telling him to look at the audience, notice their eyes widening in excitement. classic. as i was half asleep and suddenly shot up with excitement with all the sudden influx of noise and movement. nice to see a movie poke fun at itself and it's audience at the same time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not very often that I'll go out to the theatre and watch a movie. Especially one that is going to be sold out. But I did it last night and I am so happy that I did.

American Sniper is an amazing story and movie. WOW

i gave that movie a

just didn't do it for me. didn't understand what the 9/11 attacks had to do with invading iraq. wasn't a fan of the movie's demeanor at all.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whoa whoa hold on a minute...The Thing. 1982. Kurt Russell.
8 point something? That movie is at the top of the list of sci fi horror films of ALL TIME along with the original "Alien."

You disappoint me @Username

i agree. the thing gets a 10 from me. the scene where they take a blood sample from everyone in the room is still one of the best scenes in any movie i've seen when it comes to pure tense cinema with a massive shot of anticipation.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw "The Babadook". I was skeptical after watching the trailer, but being the only horror film in the past few years to get outstanding reviews I decided to give it a shot. Disappointment followed. The movie had almost everything; acting, imagery, production, style, tone, sound, except for a solid story and the most important factor, horror. The story starts out great, but goes nowhere and completely fizzles out in the end, making a 95 min movie seem endless and asking yourself many questions. Not thought provoking questions tied to a mindbender of a movie or a twist ending, but more like, "Is that it?", "Wait, What?", "Am I missing something?". As for the horror element the movie went in the direction of sometimes invisible or barely visible in darkness "monster", spooky house with little lighting, and loud noises. I didn't hate the film, didn't like either; the film looked great, but was lacking key elements in a true horror film. I will probably never watch it again or recommend it to anyone I like. 5/10

c'mon man, the horror element was that poor woman's life with that kid. i felt crushed for her.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Inbetweeners 2:

Not sure if you see the inbetweeners in the states. The tv series was funny and the first film followed on from that but this one was really crap. However not as crap as....

Ted:

Watched this a few days before the inbetweeners 2. No idea why it took me so long to get round to it but, freak me, it was terrible. I don't even think I'd have found it funny as a 13 year old and definitely not now I'm 33.

I recently had a vasectomy and (I crap you not) laughed more during that procedure than I did watching Ted.

i didn't last for 10 minutes watching that ted movie. 10 minutes. maybe 15. i'm just thinking of the time marky mark and the bear were together.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay... On a date night it was between Cinderella (new live action version) and Fifty Shades of Grey. I let the wife choose.

I was thinking Cinderella.

She chose Fifty Shades.

Lemme say right now that I've seen worse movies. The sex is so tame that I didn't feel so much as a stir down below. This is no 9 1/2 weeks.

I won't bother with a full breakdown, but the film that was supposed to be so brave showed neither actor or actress in full frontal nudity. We're supposed to suspend our belief regarding this budding BDSM "romance", but no one shows their junk in the privacy of their own homes?

The writing was gawd awful, the editing was tasteful... Which, for a movie like this should be an insult. It shouldn't be grind house or cinema verite, but it almost looks like they were shooting for a PG-13 rating. Hell, based on what I saw, I don't see any reason it couldn't be. The directing was a damned mess, but nothing could save anyone from the total crap writing and even worse characters...

No stars, no points.... it wasn't intelligent, sexy or even the slightest bit enlightening about the BDSM world unless it's common for new BDSM "couples" to have really long meetings in boardrooms checking off boxes of what they won't do as if that's the hottest thing ever.

The ONE good thing... Dakota Johnson (Don Johnson's daughter is the lead female in Fifty Shades) is 100x better as the fan fiction vision for Bella than Kristen She-Who-Has-One-Expression-For-All-Things... Which really was refreshing because if she were a carbon copy... The film would have strayed into the "Showgirls" zone... That zone of films that I refer to which makes me viscerally angry upon viewing.

Here's a phrase I'm not sure I would have said prior to realizing what our movie choices were: I really wish we'd seen Cinderella.

man i hope you got laid at the end of the night. if my wife told me to go and watch that with her i'd flat out refuse and tell her to watch it with her friends. not that she wanted to watch it. the ads for it looked awful. horrible. unwatchable.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole Black Widow / Hulk relationship , just seemed forced and rush ,

damn straight. what is it with hollywood that they think people want to see a love interest in an action movie? they make me sick.

same with creed. i loved every second of that movie except when the girl was in there. i hated every second she was on the screen because i had no interest in that lame, out of place love interest angle.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Terminator: Genisys
If you liked T1 and T2 and hate "updates" like the re-did Star Trek Khan or Greedo shooting first, do not bother seeing this...it will only pee pee you off.
If you do not care about how much people mess with old movie storylines or characters, then its a passable movie with a very thin and yet convoluted at the same time plot.
Decent action, decent 3D effects and mostly decent one-liners....but overall feels like a mash-up

i absolutely loved this movie. i thought it was great how they integrated the first movie into this one. yeah it was corny at times, yeah the lead man made me want to punch him in the face every time he opened his mouth, yeah the ending was horrible, but everything else was great.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A Good Day To Die Hard with Bruce Willis. 2/10 - A classic example of mailing it in. What a piece of crud! :seizure:

agree. one of those movies i gave up on after 20 minutes. you knew what you were getting and it wasn't good.