LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Wow. I loved the movie - 8/10. But I'm a big DelToro/Brolin/Blunt fan.
Liked the acting, and didn't really think it was that gory. Don't know anything about Jaurez, but hey - it's a movie.

Be interesting to see what others think.

(P.S. - I laugh every time I see your avi.)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wow. I loved the movie - 8/10. But I'm a big DelToro/Brolin/Blunt fan.
Liked the acting, and didn't really think it was that gory. Don't know anything about Jaurez, but hey - it's a movie.

Be interesting to see what others think.

(P.S. - I laugh every time I see your avi.)

Have you seen "The Border" with Jack Nicholson? it's really good and actually takes a more challenging view on the issues regarding our border and drugs etc, as oppose to "Sicaro" which I believe was bound to turn the same concepts of immigration, the border hypocrisy, and drug lords into a Disnyland ride instead of a proper drama about relationships and people

It's from 1982

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0tc6G-OzjE

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Several times. Great flick, as are all of JN's.
Funny thing is, when I think back on Sicario, immigration/border images/issues don't come to mind.
Might be an age thing.:thinking: I just liked the whole 'tone" of the movie. Probably watch it again.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The new Star wars. 4/10
To me it was a rewrite of the 40 year old original. How many times they going to blow up a death star like thing? Instead of boy from a desert planet it's a girl this time. Etc. A Emo Darth Vader wanna be who looks like he should be the ugly kid in one of the Twilight movies.
Best part was I Saw it in one of the theaters that have the Cini-suites. Big comfy recliners, a cute waitress, decent food, and Drinks!. A margarita and and 2 beers got the movie the bonus point.

Don't know about the 4 rating, but you're mostly correct. Enjoyed watching it though.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
The new Star wars. 4/10
To me it was a rewrite of the 40 year old original. How many times they going to blow up a death star like thing? Instead of boy from a desert planet it's a girl this time. Etc. A Emo Darth Vader wanna be who looks like he should be the ugly kid in one of the Twilight movies.
Best part was I Saw it in one of the theaters that have the Cini-suites. Big comfy recliners, a cute waitress, decent food, and Drinks!. A margarita and and 2 beers got the movie the bonus point.
I agreed with everything thing you said

except..............

But I loved it , after the awful prequels , I thought this was just what Star Wars needed , , yea , the story was familiar , but the story is following just one family basically , the Skywalker family , so the story is not going to change a whole lot anyways

It was like when Disney was first going to make new Star Wars movie , they sent out a check list to like a thousand fans and asked , what do you want to see in the new Star Wars reboot, and they took the top 10 or 15 votes getters and made a movie out of it

X-Wings and Tie Fighters , check
Millennium Falcon , check
A bad guy that was more like Darth Vader , check
Luke , Han , Leia and Chewy , check
Storm Troopers that can actually shoot , check
Practical Sets , check
etc, ect ,ect

This movie looked like it was made using a check list , .............................and I loved it , but it did look like a quick and easy beginning to something bigger to come

which is why I can't wait till Episode VIII

*Warning*

Video may contain spoilers

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sisters

8/10

You need to go into this one perpared for silliness. If you do, you'll enjoy plenty of laughs.

The humour felt a little "forced" early, but it gets going nicely.

Athos

Legend
The Revenant.

Brutal film. Brutally beautiful. Some of the most beautiful cinematography you'll ever seen in a movie.

Leo crawled across Canada for that Oscar hope.

You definitely need something happy after seeing it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ok, so have watched these all in the last two weeks and waited to post till I was done with them all. So here we go!

The Revenant: 9/10
2 1/2 hours of pain, suffering, struggle and death. Not one ounce of happiness in the entire movie. Movie is simply amazing though. As others have pointed out, cinematography is amazing, and Leo is amazing. The bear scene is crazy.

The Hateful 8: 8/10
Bloody, racial, compelling and simply fully of death. I am so glad I did not live in that era.

Steve Jobs: 7/10
Jobs argues with people. Thats the movie. Basically Jobs arguing with people before big events. Still a nice watch. He is the composer.

Into the Heart of the Sea: 6/10
Coulda been better, lacked character depth big time. Decent watch if really really bored.

Star Wars: 9/10
Its fucking star wars!!! and not the shitty kind with Jar-Jar fucking Binks!! Loved it!!! A reinvented episode 4.

Sicario: 7/10
Depth? who needs that? Dark and gritty but thats about it.

The Intern: 7.5/10
Funny and heart warming. Who wouldnt like a De niro and Hatheway duo?

The Martian: 8.5/10
Damon is the key to this movie. Very awesome. But I love any movie dealing with space. Perfect blend of clusterfuck and funny.

Spectre: 7/10
Love all Bond films, but this one felt like it was lacking a tiny bit.

Burnt: 7/10
Good flick, Bradley does well in it. Love cooking movies.

The Big Short: 8/10
Well, it was nice watching how the banks and government fucked America over big time for 2 hours. Good movie with some great acting.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The Hateful 8 and Revenant are instantly top 5 for me. I've seen the Revenant twice now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Martian(2015)
2/5

SPOILERS
Oh man, let me first say that i am a tough critic, especially in the sci-fi genre. I went in not knowing anything about it(which is what i like to do), no reviews, no background, i went in knowing nothing except that Matt Damon gets stranded on Mars.
The legendary Ridley Scott, have you directed anything worthy since Black Hawk Down in 2001? Saw the credits roll and just shook my head.

I love good sci-fi, i like Damon too, but this movie was like someone(Ridley) trying really hard to re-create Christopher Nolan's style....right down to the Nolan MO of creating a universe of laws, then being able to just flick a writing pen and change those laws when you need to solve problems or add more drama. Add to that the Nolan MO of characters that we're supposed to care about but don't.

The tone of The Martian didn't work for me either. What kind of story are you trying to tell? Is this Apollo 13? Cast Away? A NASA documentary on survival in the field? This was all over the place. Don't make it a HUGE point to talk about how many days in space these guys had to endure(including Damon on Mars)...and turn around and quick cut to a crew cracking bad jokes and Damon acting like he's in his basement doing live feeds for the Tonight Show on NBC.

I couldn't wait for the last 30 minutes to be over. Don't try to begin a story by laying down the tone that this is all going to be fairly scientific for intelligent audiences and then go all MacGuyver at the end to create drama and wrap it up in a nice shiny red bow.

The Damon character displayed almost zero isolation and emotional depth...until he was about to be shot up into space covered by a tarp of course. But there was still time to toss silly astronaut jokes around as the whole World watched live from Times Square. Lol.

Dull. Contrived. Unfouced storytelling.
I could go on. Go watch Moon(2009)

Gets 2 stars for visuals.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The Martian(2015)
2/5

SPOILERS
Oh man, let me first say that i am a tough critic, especially in the sci-fi genre. I went in not knowing anything about it(which is what i like to do), no reviews, no background, i went in knowing nothing except that Matt Damon gets stranded on Mars.
The legendary Ridley Scott, have you directed anything worthy since Black Hawk Down in 2001? Saw the credits roll and just shook my head.

I love good sci-fi, i like Damon too, but this movie was like someone(Ridley) trying really hard to re-create Christopher Nolan's style....right down to the Nolan MO of creating a universe of laws, then being able to just flick a writing pen and change those laws when you need to solve problems or add more drama. Add to that the Nolan MO of characters that we're supposed to care about but don't.

The tone of The Martian didn't work for me either. What kind of story are you trying to tell? Is this Apollo 13? Cast Away? A NASA documentary on survival in the field? This was all over the place. Don't make it a HUGE point to talk about how many days in space these guys had to endure(including Damon on Mars)...and turn around and quick cut to a crew cracking bad jokes and Damon acting like he's in his basement doing live feeds for the Tonight Show on NBC.

I couldn't wait for the last 30 minutes to be over. Don't try to begin a story by laying down the tone that this is all going to be fairly scientific for intelligent audiences and then go all MacGuyver at the end to create drama and wrap it up in a nice shiny red bow.

The Damon character displayed almost zero isolation and emotional depth...until he was about to be shot up into space covered by a tarp of course. But there was still time to toss silly astronaut jokes around as the whole World watched live from Times Square. Lol.

Dull. Contrived. Unfouced storytelling.
I could go on. Go watch Moon(2009)

Gets 2 stars for visuals.
I actually almost walked out of that movie. It was boring.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Bone Tomahawk. 8/10

Kurt Russell basically reprising his tombstone role but the movie turns pretty damn brutal in the end. Some of the imagery stuck with me weeks later. Not for the weak stomach-ed. Dialogue was fantastic though. Some great humor as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The bear scene is crazy.
More like impossible Trony...No way a guy gets around after getting his ass chewed like that.....LOL. Reminds me of the stories of Daniel Boone...Walking 400 miles with a broken ankle...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Martian

7/10

I liked it.
We finally got around to watching this movie the other night , I give pretty much the same score , 7/10 , both the wife and I liked it , but it was still pretty much a movie 2 1/2 hours long , where nothing much happens