CELEBRATE !! Rams win -Celebration thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I could watch that over and over. It's probably one of the hardest hits Geno ever absorbed as a pro. I think the Hawk RT #70 (Peters?) was ready to fight AD, lol. It looks like AD got his one on one and Geno paid for it!
Yeah - Peters ready to rock'n roll with AD!!
He's got 3" and 50lbs on Donald... except it ain't exactly muscle! :wow2:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A little young for John Brodie, but he did do a commercial with Carl Eller for a game Taking Football that I love playing as a youngster.

Brodie had a serious comb over.....lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And here I thought I clicked on the celebration thread.

We did win right?
Hell Yeah Max GIF by NETFLIX

Sport Party GIF by UFC
Vince Vaughn Party GIF

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@den-the-coach tried to get Georgia to draft Schlicter back in the day but would she listen.
I didn't become an Ohio State fan until being assigned there in the Air Force and attending games in Columbus around the fall of 1986 so I was not a fan of Arthur Ernest Schlichter, you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
But the thing is, if we had run it twice, the clock doesn't stop moving unless Seattle used it last timeout and even then one of the downs would run down the clock. Hell, you could have done a delay of game to run it down to nothing. Kick the FG anyway and make Geno throw a hail mary....

Having said that, Sean McVay is the best Rams coach in our history. and I will roll with him till the end. I can't comprehend those in this forum who want to dump this guy, as though they could easily pick his replacement?
Jeff Fisher + failure
Spags + failure
Linehan + failure
Martz + ok at first and then a failure (one lost Super Bowl)
Vermeil + 2nd best in my lifetime, but still failed most of his time with the Rams
Brooks = failure
Chuck Knox (2) + failure
Robinson + OK. but no Super Bowl appearance
Ray Malavasi + Ok. One Super Bowl appearance.

I could keep going, but you get my point. NEVER even think of dumping a Super Bowl winning coach, because the Rams do not have a great history of picking good HC's.
Have a long-time friend that is a Steeler fan going back to the mid-70s. We also play some FF together. He responded to a screen-shot I'd sent out to the league of the Fantasy QB numbers from yesterday's Browns-Steelers game (Hint: Neither QB scored even 10 pts).

He's out on Tomlin. In my response I told him I get it but also cautioned him as "one who has wandered the NFL wastelands with coach after sh*tty coach there is much to be said for keeping a guy who has zero losing seasons in 17 years."

It's a fine line. One should not be so fast to just toss competence aside when the league is full of teams with incompetent coaching staffs. But surely there is a point where good or even really-good isn't good enough.

Having said that, McVay isn't anywhere near that at this point. You are absolutely correct in that McVay is the single-best HC in the organization's modern-history if not ever. As I've mentioned in other threads, he's had a .333 winning percentage since the SB win (9-18 updated as of yesterday) and he is STILL 20 games over .500 with 2 SB appearances and one win.

I'm not gonna throw that out over one season's frustrations when we all should have reasonably known they were going to be, at best, a very average team this year.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Yeah, I was telling the TV to tell Sean to get the TD too.

I was too. I didn’t care about leaving time on the clock once the Rams entered the red zone. I wanted the TD. I don’t trust our STs in general, let alone a new kicker.

The play in question was only criticized because it was incomplete.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Squawks definitely have some losses ahead. They're a solid team but not quite as good as that record given what's coming for them. Maybe they split with the shitters given division game elements but Cowboys and Eagles both look like losses for them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll give Henderson cred that he looked good late in that game. But yeah him being in there it seems like defenses just disregard the run and pin their ears back.

The moment Royce started hammering them the tone changed with that rush. Instantly.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Having said that, Sean McVay is the best Rams coach in our history. and I will roll with him till the end. I can't comprehend those in this forum who want to dump this guy, as though they could easily pick his replacement?

I could keep going, but you get my point. NEVER even think of dumping a Super Bowl winning coach, because the Rams do not have a great history of picking good HC's.

Pretty-much agree.

Although it is possible a high quality head coach can lose his edge over time; and, other quality coaches can see their message eventually wear-thin on, and then wear-out a team, I can neither fault McVay for the tremendous number of injuries to the O-Line and to top-players in 2022, nor the 2023 Team being gutted with free agency defections, zero additions, give-away trades designed for 2024 cap relief and $77M of Dead-$.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Have a long-time friend that is a Steeler fan going back to the mid-70s. ...

He's out on Tomlin. In my response I told him I get it but also cautioned him ...

Having said that, McVay isn't anywhere near that at this point.

I agree with your thought process but have one point that supports your friend's feelings.

Mike Tomlin has not won a playoff game since 2016. The year before Sean McVay became a head coach.

If it's mid-way through the 2028 Season, and the Rams under McVay haven't won a playoff game since the 2021 Super Bowl ... THEN I would be more than just on-board with a Rams making a coaching change.

oldnotdead

Legend
The only thing that really matters is winning even ugly wins is better than losing. Also, it makes the week between games so much easier to deal with.

Regarding this season, whether they make the playoffs or not (I think they are 5th or 6th on the wildcard rankings) I know this team will finish with a better record than most media and a whole lot of people here thought they would. At the very worst I see them finishing no worst than 8-9. I think 9-8 is very realistic, especially with Wentz as the backup QB. He's about as good of a backup as a team could have signed at this late date. When Stafford was on the ground all I could think of was at least they have a capable vet backup.

Even if they lose as long as they are in the game until the last second then I'm okay with that assuming it wasn't stolen from them by the refs. Tutu's TD being overturned is looming huge right now as they would be 5-5 and definitely in the hunt for not just the division but a wildcard. I've looked at that replay many times and there is no way his foot was clearly and irrefutably out of bounds. That ruling was blatantly in violation of the NFL's own stated guidelines.

At 5-5 even the doubters of this team on this board wouldn't be trashing this team as being lacking talent. People somehow equate draft position with talent. Yet the NFL is filled with guys who can play well and drafted in the mid rounds or later.

It's funny that people believe PFF assuming they know what they are seeing when it's been shown they are clueless. In fact if people want to rate a player's performance they would be better off looking at Madden's ratings. At least they know and understand NFL football. PFF's matrix was created for soccer and subsequently "adapted" for the NFL. That's why they are wrong so many times. Madden isn't perfect but they are closer to reality than PFF.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 13-01-24 Geno Smith exits after a hard hit from Aaron Donald - ESPN V...png
    Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 13-01-24 Geno Smith exits after a hard hit from Aaron Donald - ESPN V...png
    313 KB · Views: 24

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I agree with your thought process but have one point that supports your friend's feelings.

Mike Tomlin has not won a playoff game since 2016. The year before Sean McVay became a head coach.

If it's mid-way through the 2028 Season, and the Rams under McVay haven't won a playoff game since the 2021 Super Bowl ... THEN I would be more than just on-board with a Rams making a coaching change.
All fair points!