CELEBRATE !! Rams win -Celebration thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We might be able to sneak in on the NFC side.

On the loss column, only one game out!

IMG_7707.png

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I've lost count but I keep seeing "I hope mcvay learned from this"
I'm starting to think he's regressing as a play caller. Because he isn't learning that's for sure

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
I'm starting to think he's regressing as a play caller. Because he isn't learning that's for sure
I guess I'm in the minority.

The play to Puka at the goal line I don't mind the call; a TD and the game is essentially over, they were going for the dagger, and that was a relatively safe call; just didn't execute it.

The flea flicker was just to trying to get a big hitter as we weren't moving the ball to that point.

I dont think the play calling is as bad it seems. Can it get better, absolutely.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Maybe, but you are not in a minority of one.

Except for the brutal loss to Pittsburgh, I am satisfied with this season thus far because (in my opinion) I just don't see a talented roster but I have watched a very competitive team week-in and week-out. The exception being the Green Bay game when the Rams played without a competent NFL quarterback.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.

Except for the brutal loss to Pittsburgh, I am satisfied with this season thus far because (in my opinion) I just don't see a talented roster but I have watched a very competitive team week-in and week-out. The exception being the Green Bay game when the Rams played without a competent NFL quarterback.
Dallas was pretty poor, too.

Ellard80

Legend

Except for the brutal loss to Pittsburgh, I am satisfied with this season thus far because (in my opinion) I just don't see a talented roster but I have watched a very competitive team week-in and week-out. The exception being the Green Bay game when the Rams played without a competent NFL quarterback

McVay defended the call in the presser - basically saying he wanted the TD because FG could not be enough. Said the extra time run off wasnt as important as the TD.

I didn't agree with the call but it is an interesting question to think of.

People were really okay with just running the ball on 2nd and 3rd and kicking the FG?

Seattle gets the ball back with 1:00 and needing a FG.

Can't say I'm comfortable with that.

Ellard80

Legend
Didn't think McVay has a great game.

But to me much of the struggles yesterday were on Stafford.

He made a bunch of bad throws and missed some open people.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Dallas was pretty poor, too.
Even the Dallas game, after falling apart to trail 33-3, the Rams competed with two consecutive TD drives ... one to close-out the first half; and, the other to open the second-half. That's when Stafford went-out.

I'm not talking about winning games. My pre-season guess ... and I prayed to be wrong ... was that the Rams would be coached hard and to win; and would play hard and to win but because of a lack of talent, would not win many games.

That's exactly what I believe they have done thus far ... in a Re-Set year, with $77M of Dead-$.

In my opinion, the Niners, Bengals (even with a compromised Burrow), Eagles and Cowboys have significantly more talent than the Rams.

That's why I refer to the Steelers loss as just brutal. They have won and lost close games but that one was ... "How the fuck did they lose that game" Type of Loss. Couple days after that loss, McVay was doing his weekly interview show with Long and Farr. Towards the end of the show, after much discussion about the game, they were closing it out with happy-topic / good-thought comments about the birth McVay's son.

Right in the middle of that non-football topic, McVay broke and said ... 'How did we lose that game?!?'
It was totally out-of-context and very telling to me.
If the Rams had won the Steelers' game, even with the Stafford injury and all the other results, they would now stand at 5-5; and, personally, I would be thrilled.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
McVay defended the call in the presser - basically saying he wanted the TD because FG could not be enough. Said the extra time run off wasnt as important as the TD.

I didn't agree with the call but it is an interesting question to think of.

People were really okay with just running the ball on 2nd and 3rd and kicking the FG?

Seattle gets the ball back with 1:00 and needing a FG.

Can't say I'm comfortable with that.
Yeah, I was telling the TV to tell Sean to get the TD too.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You nailed it! The Rams were expected to be one of the top 3 worst teams, no top draft pick, sold their future for the superbowl blah blah blah, yet, here we are in the playoff hunt with 7 games to go. All I wanted was to be competitive and we have that for the most part. McVay did not play scared yesterday. I think he even went for it on 4th and goal! He can't win with us fans, if he's conservative, he's playing scared, and if he goes for the dagger and fails, he's not learning. Who knew that Geno was going to come back like he did for that last drive after the injury? Lock looked completely lost out there and we had his number. No way he drives down with that time left. That was the thinking at the time. Geno looked like classic Stafford out there, banged up but still slinging it.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
In my opinion, the Niners, Bengals (even with a compromised Burrow), Eagles and Cowboys have significantly more talent than the Rams.
And yet we should definitely have beaten Cincy, and could easily have got the W against both San Fran and Philly without the intervention of the zebras.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

The play to Puka at the goal line I don't mind the call; a TD and the game is essentially over, they were going for the dagger, and that was a relatively safe call; just didn't execute it.

The flea flicker was just to trying to get a big hitter as we weren't moving the ball to that point.

I dont think the play calling is as bad it seems. Can it get better, absolutely.
If the players execute its good play calling. If they don't its bad play calling. When they aren't executing play calling gets a lot harder.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the Rams had won the Steelers' game, even with the Stafford injury and all the other results, they would now stand at 5-5; and, personally, I would be thrilled.
A lot of what ifs to look at. What if Kyren catches that pass against the 49ers instead of giving them the ball? What if Stafford doesn't injure his thumb and plays against Green Bay? What if they move Noteboom over to left tackle when AJ went down in the Cincy game instead of Thomas?

But here we are at 4-6. Playoffs are still reachable. But are we good enough to make a run at it? Arizona will tell us a lot next week. Beat them and it becomes doable. Lose and it just shows we're not that kind of team.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
And yet we should definitely have beaten Cincy, and could easily have got the W against both San Fran and Philly without the intervention of the zebras.
Agree but they could have easily lost either Seattle game, and the Colts’ game.

The Could-A / Should-A Game is a tough game to play.

Good teams win a majority of them. Bad teams lose a majority. Average teams might break even.

I did not expect the 2023 Rams to be average but that’s what I think they have mostly been thus far.

And, I thought the ‘zebras’ were very kind yesterday. I even sent a basket of muffins to the officiating crew!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
A lot of what ifs to look at. What if Kyren catches that pass against the 49ers instead of giving them the ball? What if Stafford doesn't injure his thumb and plays against Green Bay? What if they move Noteboom over to left tackle when AJ went down in the Cincy game instead of Thomas?

But here we are at 4-6. Playoffs are still reachable. But are we good enough to make a run at it? Arizona will tell us a lot next week. Beat them and it becomes doable. Lose and it just shows we're not that kind of team.
I kind of disagree.

Every team has a ton of “What Ifs” but I think they mostly balance out. That’s why I pointed to just one. That damn Steelers game!

Everything else being the same, I would be feeling pretty good about the 2023 Rams. That’s also why I pointed out McVay’s focus on that … “What the Hell Just Happened!?!” Game.

Finally, I personally don’t have a playoff mind-set. Not this year.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
We might be able to sneak in on the NFC side.

On the loss column, only one game out!

View attachment 62372
I'm just hoping AT THE END, we are tied with the Seachickens - and the tie-breaker is the head-head contests with each other.... (I'm not even sure such a tie-breaker exists, but it'd be fun to witness!!):laugh2:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You nailed it! The Rams were expected to be one of the top 3 worst teams, no top draft pick, sold their future for the superbowl blah blah blah, yet, here we are in the playoff hunt with 7 games to go. All I wanted was to be competitive and we have that for the most part. McVay did not play scared yesterday. I think he even went for it on 4th and goal! He can't win with us fans, if he's conservative, he's playing scared, and if he goes for the dagger and fails, he's not learning. Who knew that Geno was going to come back like he did for that last drive after the injury? Lock looked completely lost out there and we had his number. No way he drives down with that time left. That was the thinking at the time. Geno looked like classic Stafford out there, banged up but still slinging it.
But the thing is, if we had run it twice, the clock doesn't stop moving unless Seattle used it last timeout and even then one of the downs would run down the clock. Hell, you could have done a delay of game to run it down to nothing. Kick the FG anyway and make Geno throw a hail mary....

Having said that, Sean McVay is the best Rams coach in our history. and I will roll with him till the end. I can't comprehend those in this forum who want to dump this guy, as though they could easily pick his replacement?
Jeff Fisher + failure
Spags + failure
Linehan + failure
Martz + ok at first and then a failure (one lost Super Bowl)
Vermeil + 2nd best in my lifetime, but still failed most of his time with the Rams
Brooks = failure
Chuck Knox (2) + failure
Robinson + OK. but no Super Bowl appearance
Ray Malavasi + Ok. One Super Bowl appearance.

I could keep going, but you get my point. NEVER even think of dumping a Super Bowl winning coach, because the Rams do not have a great history of picking good HC's.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
"You used to love me" ~ John Brodie
A little young for John Brodie, but he did do a commercial with Carl Eller for a game Taking Football that I love playing as a youngster.