Rams waived/injured RB Isaiah Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
paVOGkT.png

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I think Rams RBs with #24 may be cursed as of late. I still shutter to think of Trung Candidate as a 1st round pick....even if it was the LAST first round pick that year. :D

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I feel so bad for him. That kick return could have been a great play and confidence booster for him.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
His first year the "graduate with your class" held him out of OTAs and put him behind Richardson. He was always behind that first year and then last year, he was banged up and never really made his mark and Stacy moved into the lineup. This year most felt he would be hard pressed to make the team but he showed he was willing to do whatever to stay w/ the team. But that injury changed everything. Sometimes sh!t happens. But I think he still could help us out if he comes back healthy next year, but it will be tough.

I feel sorry for the guy. Hopefully however it turns out, it will work out for him.

PhxRam

The Rams waived running back Isaiah Pead on Wednesday, but they plan on bringing him back.

Isaiah Pead is gone. But don't worry, he'll be back relatively soon.

The St. Louis Rams waived Pead on Wednesday with an injury designation according to ESPN ultimate insider Adam Schefter. Pead, you'll recall, tore his the ACL in his left knee during a kick return in last week's preseason game against the Packers.

Pead will be on waivers for 48 hours, where another team can claim him. Any team claiming him would also assume his current contract. He's scheduled to earn $757,100 in base salary this year and $940,650 next year. His cap number in 2014 is $1.1 million and $1.2 million next season.

More than likely, Pead will clear waivers, and when he does, the Rams will bring him back on the injured reserve list. His agent confirmed that on Twitter to Nick Wagoner.

screenshot_400.png

When Pead does return for the 2015 season, the running back depth chart will have some familiar names on it. Tre Mason, Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham are al under contract that season too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Rams waived running back Isaiah Pead on Wednesday, but they plan on bringing him back.

Isaiah Pead is gone. But don't worry, he'll be back relatively soon.

The St. Louis Rams waived Pead on Wednesday with an injury designation according to ESPN ultimate insider Adam Schefter. Pead, you'll recall, tore his the ACL in his left knee during a kick return in last week's preseason game against the Packers.

Pead will be on waivers for 48 hours, where another team can claim him. Any team claiming him would also assume his current contract. He's scheduled to earn $757,100 in base salary this year and $940,650 next year. His cap number in 2014 is $1.1 million and $1.2 million next season.

More than likely, Pead will clear waivers, and when he does, the Rams will bring him back on the injured reserve list. His agent confirmed that on Twitter to Nick Wagoner.

screenshot_400.png

When Pead does return for the 2015 season, the running back depth chart will have some familiar names on it. Tre Mason, Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham are al under contract that season too.
That gives us a diverse, and stacked RB group, some of who play ST's, IMO.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never. And when you're standing in front of his bust in Canton in 25 years, I hope you weep.
Dude, look like you are deep in the tank for Pead..lol.....I sure hope you are right!;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dude, look like you are deep in the tank for Pead..lol.....I sure hope you are right!;)
One day you'll tell your grandchildren where you were when the Rams drafted the GOAT.
And you will weep.

RamWoodie

Legend
I feel bad for the guy because he's very talented, and like Quick, he couldn't come on board fast enough. Pead was a versatile guy and fiesty.

I don't think for one minute he's done...but he has a hard road back, and the ball is in his court right now.

Philly5

Rookie
NOBODY is going to claim injured Pead. I don't even think anyone would claim healthy Pead.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've been hard on Pead. I don't think I ever forgave him for his suspension.

But, I hope the young man can have himself an NFL career. You don't get drafted in the second round without talent.