Rams waived/injured RB Isaiah Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's too bad. Wish him all the best going forward.

Irish

Starter
Unfortunate ending to a terrible draft decision. Fisher and Snead have few blemishes on their draft history, but this one is without question the worst of the lot, especially when you consider that the pick acquired from the Bears to take Pead (52) was used to pick Alshon Jeffery (45)

Pity. Hope he has a speedy recovery

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That's too bad. Wish him all the best going forward.
Me too, but I don't know if they really had a choice, or option. Maybe he clears and comes back stronger for us next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Me too, but I don't know if they really had a choice, or option. Maybe he clears and comes back stronger for us next year.
True. Chances are slim he'll get picked up off of waivers, so you never know. Might not be the end, end.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a shame that a dream ends this way.....It would be a miracle comeback for him if he got a chance to be an NFL RB again...Maybe he could go to the CFL?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Apparently, according to Pead's agent, he *will* be back on IR

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
It's a shame that a dream ends this way.....It would be a miracle comeback for him if he got a chance to be an NFL RB again...Maybe he could go to the CFL?

Suddenly the kids career is over? Thats a huge reach. He'll get a chance again.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunate ending to a terrible draft decision. Fisher and Snead have few blemishes on their draft history, but this one is without question the worst of the lot, especially when you consider that the pick acquired from the Bears to take Pead (52) was used to pick Alshon Jeffery (45)

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I don't think he'll be back... that's his agent speaking.

Athos

Legend
Really tells you what other teams think of him since everyone needs RB depth, if he isn't claimed off waivers.

Still bitter about that draft pick.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He has some serious skills. Maybe a fresh start and a new scheme would do him good after his recovery. Not sure if he would get picked up, but his contract is cheap. If he does comes back to the Rams though, I would love to have him for his ST play and 3rd down back skills. He's definitely got a spot on this team I think. Always going to be a bust of a pick, but he can still contribute.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Really tells you what other teams think of him since everyone needs RB depth, if he isn't claimed off waivers.

It would be stunning if any team would claim ANY running back off waivers with an ACL (out for the year) and under contract for 2015. Additionally what do we have to lose by keeping him on IR to see if he ready next off season.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I was one that liked this pick. Thought he was overlooked coming out and really thought he could contribute. I still think there is a good player there.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Suddenly the kids career is over? Thats a huge reach. He'll get a chance again.
My opinion is that he is a BUST at the position we selected him...It's not his fault about when he was selected, but he doesn't know how to run the ball in the NFL, so I don't know how being a disappointing player coming off an injury next year, is going to make the situation better...Not hating, but it's time to give up on the Pead experiment, imo.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Jeffery had 'red flag' written all over him when he was coming out. Overweight, etc. Hindsight is 20/20. But yes, we should have drafted him instead. ;)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Best of luck to Mr Pead. I'd rather not bother bringing him back in 2015, but it doesn't really matter. We'll draft another RB next year anyway.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
what portion of his salary will he receive this yr if on IR?

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Unfortunate ending to a terrible draft decision. Fisher and Snead have few blemishes on their draft history, but this one is without question the worst of the lot, especially when you consider that the pick acquired from the Bears to take Pead (52) was used to pick Alshon Jeffery (45)...

...with Michael Kendricks and Bobby Wagner still on the board where we desperately needed a LB, and we dropped those 7 slots to get a 5th rounder that netted us Rok Watkins. Also worth noting, Lavonte David was still on the board when the Rams took Pead, but Kendricks and Wagner were higher on most draft boards at the time. So yeah, we can call that one a miss.

iced

terrible draft decision? wow.

kids biggest issue was his character early on - which wasn't a red flag coming out if i remember right....kinda ironic that the guys with "character issues" like ogletree, jenkins, etc. have turned out fine but the "Good kid" had maturity issues early on..go figure.

hope for a speedy recovery and his return next year - kid was a stud on ST coverage and our best 3rd down back, he will be missed