Rams waived/injured RB Isaiah Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Only Belichick would claim this guy off of waivers from under our nose.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
We will rally around Isaiah Pead in 2015 and we will play good football BITCHES!!!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!

lockdnram21

Legend
terrible draft decision? wow.

kids biggest issue was his character early on - which wasn't a red flag coming out if i remember right....kinda ironic that the guys with "character issues" like ogletree, jenkins, etc. have turned out fine but the "Good kid" had maturity issues early on..go figure.

hope for a speedy recovery and his return next year - kid was a stud on ST coverage and our best 3rd down back, he will be missed

Why does everybody say he was our best 3rd down back, the dude rarely played. I must be missing something

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
bcp8g.jpg

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I heardon wxox that waiving him saved $200.000.00 in cap space. Must be the difference in his contract when healthy.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Why does everybody say he was our best 3rd down back, the dude rarely played. I must be missing something

I base it on his skill set. Pass protection, hands, fluidity, speed.

When I watch him I see Shane Vereen of the Patriots. He was a 2nd round RB who did next to nothing his first couple of years and then last year had 47 receptions coming out of the backfield which is more than Stacy, Richardson, and Cunningham had combined last year. Vereen always had the skill set, but he didn't get the opportunity until they had those issues with their TEs and had to adjust their offense.

I believe that Pead could excel in a 3rd down role and be a very effective pass catcher out of the backfield on a team that will get him the ball and use him in that fashion. Just hasn't happened with the Rams which should come as no surprise on a team that seemed to have had trouble figuring out what the do with Austin and even Cook.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That gives us a diverse, and stacked RB group, some of who play ST's, IMO.
It will provide some continuity, but i'd still like to go find a more polished 3rd down back...even this year via cut downs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
It will provide some continuity, but i'd still like to go find a more polished 3rd down back...even this year via cut downs.
I'd like to have one this year too.

iced

because when he was on the field he showed something that separated him from the different backs... it's not even a question that he has the best hands of the rb's - and was the best in pass pro...not to mention he was a stud on ST coverage units... Pead's value has been under estimated by a lot of fans, and the only thing that kept him off the field early was never talent, but his maturity... People often forget that a lot of these guys that come out early are kids; Age is merely number, it's never a measure of your maturity level.

Such an awful pick. Easily the worst pick of the last 5 years, when you factor in what we could have had and what we got.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
It could be worse for Isiah Pead, he could have been claimed by Cleveland. I dislike the Seahawks but can't help but feel bad for Michael Bowie. Not only did he have a season ending injury but he was claimed by Cleveland.