Rams waive RB Daryl Richardson & DT Jermelle Cudjo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
A little shocked...but saw it coming eventually.

He had a good little run, should be picked up fairly quickly.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WOW! And we have roster spots open as of right now? Hmmm.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Interesting but not unexpected. I wonder if they needed to free up a roster spot for another players since they were at the 90 player limit.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Added to the OP... Rams also cut DT Cudjo.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
interesting, but I am not surprised by this at all. I guess all the Pead haters will now be on notice waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Richardson was limited in what he brought to the mix. While having an exceptional initial burst, he doesn't break tackles, rarely makes people miss, and unless he can hit a seam and bounce it outside, he just wasn't going to make a living running between the tackles in this power running game.

His receiving ability is suspect, and his pass blocking (blitz pickup) was non-existent.

Wish him good luck, but I have been saying this for weeks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not surprised to see Cudjo cut. Figured it was only a matter of time. Richardson makes sense too. Doesn't play STs(Pead can), limited in the passing game, and struggled mightily last year running the football. Had no vision whatsoever.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm kind of surprised that Cudjo got cut so early. I figured he might get the axe, but not for a while.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Glad to see this. Richardson AND Pead arent anything special.

When Stacy would go out, there was a noticable dropoff.

This is why they drafted Mason.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Official cap room freed: $1,458,526.

I have to imagine they're freeing space to sign a veteran free agent. They already had enough money to sign their free agent class with about $3.1M to spare.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
All I'm hoping for is somehow to pick up an older vet WR who can help our young guys. That's all I want to add from now until the start of the season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very surprised it wasn't Pead, but he did have the advantage of adding something on special teams. Still, he's on notice officially to step it up and realize his potential now.

I really hope he gets it together, because of course it's the best case scenario for the Rams.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Glad to see this. Richardson AND Pead arent anything special.

When Stacy would go out, there was a noticable dropoff.

This is why they drafted Mason.

Not really. Benny Cunningham did very well spelling Zac Stacy last year. Over 5 YPC.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Hmm, who does that leave exposed on the waiver wire for us to take a look at?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Official cap room freed: $1,458,526.

I have to imagine they're freeing space to sign a veteran free agent. They already had enough money to sign their free agent class with about $3.1M to spare.

Yes you may be right on that, may be another move coming.