Rams waive RB Daryl Richardson & DT Jermelle Cudjo

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Wow. Interesting. I expected it, but definitely not this soon. Some team is going to pick him up, and they might get a steal to be honest. For a 7th round pick, he's pretty talented. In the right scheme..

No way I thought Cudjo was making the roster though.
You did or didn't think he was making the roster?

I pretty much knew both Cudjo and Conrath were gone once Carrington was signed and Donald was drafted.
Conrath probably sticks around through camp as another body...then bye-bye.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You did or didn't think he was making the roster?

I pretty much knew both Cudjo and Conrath were gone once Carrington was signed and Donald was drafted.
Conrath probably sticks around through camp as another body...then bye-bye.

Didn't think he was making the roster. He had no chance at all. Agree with you. They might keep Conrath though, they'll want 4 DTs and they seem to like him.

ED_29

Cudjo will definitely get another gig... well they both will but I really liked Cudjo

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Didn't think he was making the roster. He had no chance at all. Agree with you. They might keep Conrath though, they'll want 4 DTs and they seem to like him.
4 DTs would be Langford, Brockers, Donald, Carrington.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I wonder if he will?

I kind of like #79.

I like #79 too, but I've just seem so much of him recently as #73, so it just fits him, at least to me.

But I'm not sure if he'll change, with his jersey already being #79, the pictures being taken with him at #79 and all that.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Only the 51 highest paid players are calculated in a team's Cap?

fancents86

Starter
This ruins my fuckin`day man. i was the biggest Richardson fan. Cant believe they got rid of Richardson before Pead. For some of you who suffer from longterm memory loss and only remember D.Rich fom last season when he was injured, look up his highlights on youtube. He was deff a diamond in the ruff.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This ruins my freakin`day man. i was the biggest Richardson fan. Cant believe they got rid of Richardson before Pead. For some of you who suffer from longterm memory loss and only remember D.Rich fom last season when he was injured, look up his highlights on youtube. He was deff a diamond in the ruff.

Hopefully he goes to a team where the OC knows how to use him.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Instead of Pead?!
Pead plays special teams, DR doesn't. I think that might have been one factor.

Not really surprised with Cudjo as I figured him to be the odd man out at DT with Donald being drafted. I guess this means Conrath gets the final DT spot. I also think this has no impact on M. Sam making the roster either.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pead plays special teams, DR doesn't. I think that might have been one factor.

Not really surprised with Cudjo as I figured him to be the odd man out at DT with Donald being drafted. I guess this means Conrath gets the final DT spot. I also think this has no impact on M. Sam making the roster either.

Conrath or Carrington. It all depends on if Carrington is fully healthy and/or if Conrath shows improvement.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Conrath or Carrington. It all depends on if Carrington is fully healthy and/or if Conrath shows improvement.

Completely forgot about the signing of Carrington. Yeah, its probably going to come down to those 2. And IMO, I think Conrath has shown progression at DT and will continue to do so.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As the roster gets deeper, the cuts get tougher.

Me; I'd prefer to hold onto DRich through camp as insurance against injury to others. He's not a bad little player and 2012 showed that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Official cap room freed: $1,458,526.

I have to imagine they're freeing space to sign a veteran free agent. They already had enough money to sign their free agent class with about $3.1M to spare.

A veteran former starting OT/OG would be my target free agent.

bskrilla

Starter
Pead provides a skill-set that Richardson didn't. While he's been a disappointment so far he does provide the skills you want from a 3rd down back. He can pass-block, receive, and he contributes well on ST. Richardson did none of those well.

Mason replaces Richardson (and potentially Cunningham) as the change-of-pace guy.

Glad they cut both early because I hope and expect to see both catch on somewhere else. Especially Cudjo. He was simply a casualty of too much awesomeness on our D-line.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This roster could still use a vet WR.

Best of luck to our former Rams...thanks for all you've done.