Rams Voluntary Minicamp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

sloramfan

Starter
man..

what do you say to that...

he's right, and how lucky are rams fans to be hearing these things now....

go rams

slo

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm still delirious the Rams starting wrs are Kupp and Arob. I loved woods more than most but Arob is a whole other level. Especially with Stafford as the qb.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I'm still delirious the Rams starting wrs are Kupp and Arob. I loved woods more than most but Arob is a whole other level. Especially with Stafford as the qb.

I am too. He looks like a perfect fit.

I was snooping the Rams website and Jacob Harris is still listed as a TE. They are doing a “Position Reset” series, but they haven’t done TE or WR yet. I wonder where they play him, after all the buzz last year?

If he can bulk up and block, TE is more need.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am too. He looks like a perfect fit.

I was snooping the Rams website and Jacob Harris is still listed as a TE. They are doing a “Position Reset” series, but they haven’t done TE or WR yet. I wonder where they play him, after all the buzz last year?

If he can bulk up and block, TE is more need.

I'm a little worried about Harris.

There's not a long list of players that didn't see the field in their rookie season, got a season ending injury and made it back to become a significant contributor.

He's got an uphill battle against history. Hopefully he's an anomaly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

There's not a long list of players that didn't see the field in their rookie season, got a season ending injury and made it back to become a significant contributor.

Yeah. He definitely needed a year in the weight room, and work with a dietitian.

I wonder how that has gone?

He had issues holding onto the ball, and a lot of that was lack of strength, IMO. Then his injury… could be strength training too, TBH. Dude was lanky.

https%3A%2F%2Framblinfan.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1334539628-850x560.jpeg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's all up to him. If a player has talent nothing trumps the desire to get better.

A lot of those players that busted probably never had the desire to become great.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

It's all up to him. If a player has talent nothing trumps the desire to get better.

A lot of those players that busted probably never had the desire to become great.

He has the leagues best role model to watch and learn from. Just do everything on the practice field Kupp does. Pick his brains.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I think they have a plan. Wondering what Cohens offense looked like at Kansas. Didn’t watch as much college ball as usual these last couple years.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think they have a plan. Wondering what Cohens offense looked like at Kansas. Didn’t watch as much college ball as usual these last couple years.
Well... I don't know about this Cohen guy at Kansas. You might be better off watching what Coen did at Kentucky. :evil:

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I’m also ignorant of college football. What did Coen’s offense look like? And did he have the right players to do what he wanted?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah. He definitely needed a year in the weight room, and work with a dietitian.

I wonder how that has gone?

He had issues holding onto the ball, and a lot of that was lack of strength, IMO. Then his injury… could be strength training too, TBH. Dude was lanky.

https%3A%2F%2Framblinfan.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1334539628-850x560.jpeg

A hard call. Went to training camp,but he got hurt like the first day or so in like the weight room? It was a core body injury from what I recall. I did Harris running routes by himself & maybe a couple group. Nothing live. He had a weird gate going after the ball & didn’t look natural in pads.
-The rumor was coming out of OTA’s that he was taking 1st string Reps.He was rated the best rookie coming out of OTA’s by most(Mcvay) posters here.

Seeing Ben Sko was easy to see how smooth he was on quick slant routs.He looked a lot more natural & was taking 2nd string reps. Right then I started posting he was going to make the squad & had upside.

—Now after this last season I like Hopkins & Sko’s upside.Harris has taken a step back & needs to prove himself. IMO Hopkins with the New TE’s coach is only going to improve & hard for Harris to beat out if that is where some posters might think.
Harris could be a match up problem & a Big time Red Zone threat. His size will allow him to be a good edge blocker as a Wideout.His diversity helps get reps during the season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m also ignorant of college football. What did Coen’s offense look like? And did he have the right players to do what he wanted?
In his first year at Kentucky, Coen took an offense that rated 107th in 2020 to 35th in 2021. Regardless of players, he did one hell of a job and I'm glad he's back in Los Angeles, albeit most likely for just one year.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Harris’ NFL future is at WR, I think. Just don’t see him as a TE.

Unless McVay/Coen come up with some clever hybrid type position?

I will say this. The kid could potentially be a real weapon if he can get acclimated to the NFL game. I’m thinking that Stafford would just love to have him as a target.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well... I don't know about this Cohen guy at Kansas. You might be better off watching what Coen did at Kentucky. :evil:
That makes his season even more impressive. That was Brooks who went to Kansas? He was a HC though vs a OC.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In his first year at Kentucky, Coen took an offense that rated 107th in 2020 to 35th in 2021. Regardless of players, he did one hell of a job and I'm glad he's back in Los Angeles, albeit most likely for just one year.

Well minus the players. That is against a SEC schedule.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That makes his season even more impressive. That was Brooks who went to Kansas? He was a HC though vs a OC.
Are you talking about former Ducks and Rams coach Rich Brooks? If so, he also coached at Kentucky.

Psycho_X

Legend
The hardest thing for Harris to overcome to be successful will be to develop the WR mentality. The ability to focus on a ball and make a catch through hitting the ground while being targeted for big hits every play. It's something he doesn't have and it showed last season at times. He needs lots of experience to not flinch and to not hesitate when making his cuts and big catches. It's not something a lot of people can overcome especially when it hasn't been trained into them their whole life. The NFL is a hard place to start learning how to be a WR. But if any team can coach a player up its this one so I'm excited to see what they can mold him into.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay said Harris was no longer a TE. So I think that means they don't think he's going to be able to put on weight. He might be one of those super high metabolism types (those fuckers).

What I like about him is his body control. He can move and twist and shit for the ball in ways that a lot of guys can't. I don't think you can teach that. I also think that's why the Rams were so excited about him last year. They sent tape of him in camp to Coen over at Kentucky. That tells me there was crazy buzz, over and above the rumors of people at Rams park calling him a unicorn.

Clearly the guy is a potential weapon. There's no doubt about it in my mind. Just keep working his hands/focus and hope that he can stay healthy and maybe put a little weight on. Only thing I'd caution them on is don't let him get top heavy. That can happen very easily to the tall dudes if they don't beef the lower half or the upper half gets too big IMO.