Rams trying to get something done with Shelton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So much of this talk about the Rams not spending money. Has there been a season when they do not use the majority of the cap space?

Are they going to spend $50+ million on street free agents in August?
I don’t think anyone is arguing they won’t use the space they currently have. We all think they will.
There are just some of us… okay, me.. who would like to see them open up even more money using Stafford’s contract, specifically…
While others favor a more cap-responsible approach.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I wouldn't be so certain. They've got the money and motivation. They've wanted Dotson for a long time. Do they just give up the fight? Plus Dotson was very happy with his situation with the Rams and the way they coach. I'd say that nobody here has any idea if he's gone or not.
Keep the hope alive! What do you think the chances are he stays? Give me odds. I'm a degenerate gambler. I'd say 1 in 10.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don’t think anyone is arguing they won’t use the space they currently have. We all think they will.
There are just some of us… okay, me.. who would like to see them open up even more money using Stafford’s contract, specifically…
While others favor a more cap-responsible approach.
I bet you can't keep thin mints in the house

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Keep the hope alive! What do you think the chances are he stays? Give me odds. I'm a degenerate gambler. I'd say 1 in 10.
With the expanded cap, I’d say 50/50. The Rams obviously want him and still have an older and immobile QB who they emphasized protecting this past season. Do they abandon that idea in one winter?

I’m know it is possible that some team gives Dotson a ridiculous offer. It’s also possible that teams think part of his great play was situational. He’s not Aaron Donald or Matthew Stafford hitting the free agent market. He’s not prime Zach Martin either.

WestCoastRam

Legend
With the expanded cap, I’d say 50/50. The Rams obviously want him and still have an older and immobile QB who they emphasized protecting this past season. Do they abandon that idea in one winter?

I’m know it is possible that some team gives Dotson a ridiculous offer. It’s also possible that teams think part of his great play was situational. He’s not Aaron Donald or Matthew Stafford hitting the free agent market. He’s not prime Zach Martin either.
Like those odds!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I know many think this ship has sailed and it may have. A couple of questions.

How many teams need a starting center?
If Shelton doesn't get signed to starting center money elsewhere, what would it take to re-sign him as a backup to Avila, Dotson and Jackson? Can't be more than the 5 mil they'll save by cutting Noteboom. Maybe even less. The guy has made less than 7 mil over 5 years from the Rams. 3.5 is more than half of that.

Never say never.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

If Shelton doesn't get signed to starting center money elsewhere, what would it take to re-sign him as a backup to Avila, Dotson and Jackson? Can't be more than the 5 mil they'll save by cutting Noteboom. Maybe even less. The guy has made less than 7 mil over 5 years from the Rams. 3.5 is more than half of that.

Never say never.

I Never will ... I promise ... you can trust me.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Never say never.
I can see that especially if they use late picks to move up and not really target a rookie C. Probably what will happen if he doesn’t draw much interest. Rams are just being patient with that situation.