Rams tried to trade Pead during draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm wondering if they couldn't even get a 5th rounder for Pead? That seems like a likely round to ask for since we lost it in the trade up and there were the QB's that they supposedly liked. That makes me think no one would even give them a 5 which is incredibly telling...if true, of course.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would rather dump Richardson I see no value in having him on the roster at least Pead can play some ST and does not run directly into the back of his linemen.

lockdnram21

Legend
Im not bashing pead when I say this but, honestly, what did they expect to get for him? A guy that cant even crack our lineup when we had no viable option until stacy showed up outta nowhere.

I disagree nobody could run the ball in the beginning untill we started using a 3rd te

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Really? What if he goes to another team in our division? If he stunk for us, then good riddance.

Well yeah, then I would hope he sucks for the team in our division. But otherwise, I wish him luck.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Still with the cap hit of moving him there really isn't much cap savings by replacing him with a rookie special teams guy.

Ram4life11

Rookie
I would rather dump Richardson I see no value in having him on the roster at least Pead can play some ST and does not run directly into the back of his linemen.
Get rid of them both if anything, Drich runs into his own lineman, But Pead isn't any better, stumbling and tripping over his own feet. His ST value isn't very high, we drafted 5-8 other rookies who can take over his spot at a cheaper price...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Pead is on course to be our 4th RB due to his STs value...but if we can trade him for a future 5th or 6th rounder, unload him. We need to start stockpiling future draft picks in any way possible....keep the pipeline of new and cheap talent flowing.

The pipeline went dry, we're just like everyone else now.

Teams would be silly to trade for Pead. He'll be available soon enough.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Well yeah, then I would hope he sucks for the team in our division. But otherwise, I wish him luck.

Got it, so you hope he sucks unless he goes outside the division, then you wish him luck.

Let's hope he doesn't go outside the division and do well and then gets traded inside the division and we have to hope he sucks again.

See, I have a simpler approach, any player that we spent a high draft pick on who stunk for us, I hope he sucks for everyone else.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They will showcase Pead in pre-season with the hope to trade him for a conditional pick, it could happen especially if a team has many injuries at that position. He'd make a good Dolphin IMO.

V3

Hall of Fame

Supposedly Richardson was injured last year. I think a bad foot or something that he played through. Not really defending him. Just pointing out something I've heard about him. Also, Pead was just as bad about running into his lineman. That's why people keep mentioning that he has no vision.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Im not bashing pead when I say this but, honestly, what did they expect to get for him? A guy that cant even crack our lineup when we had no viable option until stacy showed up outta nowhere.
That's probably why wasn't traded

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Supposedly Richardson was injured last year. I think a bad foot or something that he played through. Not really defending him. Just pointing out something I've heard about him. Also, Pead was just as bad about running into his lineman. That's why people keep mentioning that he has no vision.
I would not mind seeing them both gone now that Mason is joining the team. I think having additional DBs is more important than RBs playing ST. I was hoping Pead would turn it around last year but....

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Damn is that true?? Although in all fairness 2012 wasn't that great a year for WRs - if i remember correctly??
I'm pretty sure it is but I could be wrong, the scouting department Snead has built for our team is truly elite. And yeah, not a great year for WR's but there were a few like Alshon Jeffrey, but no one else that jumps out to me.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Somehow Richardson was kicked off the team. So does that mean they like Pead, and this report is false? Or is Pead still in jeopardy of getting cut as well?

V3

Hall of Fame
Somehow Richardson was kicked off the team. So does that mean they like Pead, and this report is false? Or is Pead still in jeopardy of getting cut as well?

Dang, I wasn't sure if you were serious or not. I guess you were right. DIdn't even see the other thread about it.

jjab360

Legend
Pead is possibly the most talented back on the team. Evidently he just hasn't put it all together yet. His Rams career is probably over, but I hope he has success elsewhere.
I don't know why people always say this, is it just because he was a second round pick? Our top three backs all have better vision, power, balance, patience, etc. than Pead. The only thing he has over them is that he's a little bit faster, but that has to be a given considering he's about 15 pounds lighter than everyone else.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Pead needs to just copy Stacy. Then again, Pead tries to run over people like Stacy and it doesn't work out so well. I regress, Pead needs to figure it out. Is there any question he's firmly on "the bubble?"