Rams tried to trade Pead during draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Pead and Quick would have never been selected, IMO, if Snead would have had his scouts in but they had to stick with Devaney and Spags scouts if im correct that first year.

Actually, I thought Snead and Fisher were at a private work out with Quick.
I believe they were the ones that fell in love with his skill-sett.
Quick is Snead's and Fishers Pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
True story.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't know why people always say this, is it just because he was a second round pick? Our top three backs all have better vision, power, balance, patience, etc. than Pead. The only thing he has over them is that he's a little bit faster, but that has to be a given considering he's about 15 pounds lighter than everyone else.

He's explosive, his acceleration is top notch. He's very shifty, he has the ability to make guys miss with the best of them. He has "blazing" speed, and can beat most guys in a foot race. He's more than just a little faster, he's a hell of a lot faster than the other backs. In college he showed he had top notch vision, patience and balance. Those traits just don't disappear. He possibly just needs to adjust, and it's hard to adjust when you get no playing time. Obviously he isn't a power back, but neither is Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles or Lesean McCoy. That's not a requirement for talent. He has the best hands of our running backs, natural pass catching hands. He's a terrific receiving back and knows how to do work and pick up yards in the passing game. He also is the most advanced pass protector not only on the team, but is pretty far along for the NFL. He has the instincts to pick up blitzes and shows the physicality and effort to stop linebackers in their tracks.

Just from what I've seen. Just because he hasn't shown these traits in the NFL doesn't mean they don't exist. His talent is insane. Nothing to do with his draft position.

jjab360

Legend
He's explosive, his acceleration is top notch. He's very shifty, he has the ability to make guys miss with the best of them. He has "blazing" speed, and can beat most guys in a foot race. He's more than just a little faster, he's a hell of a lot faster than the other backs. In college he showed he had top notch vision, patience and balance. Those traits just don't disappear. He possibly just needs to adjust, and it's hard to adjust when you get no playing time. Obviously he isn't a power back, but neither is Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles or Lesean McCoy. That's not a requirement for talent. He has the best hands of our running backs, natural pass catching hands. He's a terrific receiving back and knows how to do work and pick up yards in the passing game. He also is the most advanced pass protector not only on the team, but is pretty far along for the NFL. He has the instincts to pick up blitzes and shows the physicality and effort to stop linebackers in their tracks.

Just from what I've seen. Just because he hasn't shown these traits in the NFL doesn't mean they don't exist. His talent is insane. Nothing to do with his draft position.
Yeah, I haven't seen... almost any of that. Maybe it's there, maybe it's not.

As far as why his skills haven't translated from college it's extremely hard to evaluate a guy who takes every snap from shotgun taking the handoff laterally in a one cut ZBS. Snead elaborated on this with the Tre Mason pick, they played out of shotgun most of the time, but he still took the handoff right up the gut where his vision, power, and balance are pretty easy to evaluate in relation to a PBS like the Rams run. Pead's game just didn't translate coming out of Cincinatti.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yeah, I haven't seen... almost any of that. Maybe it's there, maybe it's not.

As far as why his skills haven't translated from college it's extremely hard to evaluate a guy who takes every snap from shotgun taking the handoff laterally in a one cut ZBS. Snead elaborated on this with the Tre Mason pick, they played out of shotgun most of the time, but he still took the handoff right up the gut where his vision, power, and balance are pretty easy to evaluate in relation to a PBS like the Rams run. Pead's game just didn't translate coming out of Cincinatti.

Maybe it is "extremely hard to evaluate" the guy on things like vision, but you can still evaluate him physically. And physically, he's a better back than most of the guys on the roster. It's all mental.

We will have to agree to disagree, because I can't convince your eyes. But there is a reason nearly everybody but you says he's one of the most talented backs on the team.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Yeah i realize they fell in love with Quick because of his workout so you can put that on them but maybe if they had their scouting department in for that draft they would of identified Alshon Jeffrey as a top WR talent at the next level.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Maybe it is "extremely hard to evaluate" the guy on things like vision, but you can still evaluate him physically. And physically, he's a better back than most of the guys on the roster. It's all mental.

We will have to agree to disagree, because I can't convince your eyes. But there is a reason nearly everybody but you says he's one of the most talented backs on the team.
Talented players produce, Pead does not produce.

Running back is arguably the easiest position to transition to when coming out of college. In two years be still hasnt made that transition and very well might never. Stacy came in and produced once hhe got to start.

Pead is physically gifted and can move, but not during game time.

For me, talented players are the ones that produce whether they are physically gifted or not.

I really wish Pead could adjust to the NFL because he is a gifted back, but I think his time is up, and rightfully so if true.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Talented players produce, Pead does not produce.

Running back is arguably the easiest position to transition to when coming out of college. In two years be still hasnt made that transition and very well might never. Stacy came in and produced once hhe got to start.

Pead is physically gifted and can move, but not during game time.

For me, talented players are the ones that produce whether they are physically gifted or not.

I really wish Pead could adjust to the NFL because he is a gifted back, but I think his time is up, and rightfully so if true.

Talented and gifted are the same thing to me. Pead is both. Not producing doesn't mean he's not either.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Talented and gifted are the same thing to me. Pead is both. Not producing doesn't mean he's not either.

I disagree, respectfully of course. I don't see a need for Pead being on this team anymore. He is dead weight. Maybe a change of scenery will help. But with the addition of Mason, and the rumors of Fisher/Snead trying to trade him during the draft, it appears his days are numbered as a Ram. Only chance he has is as a 3rd down back because of his blocking skills. But given time, who knows, another one in the stable might be able to do just as good. We shall see.

Ram4life11

Rookie

I believe Pead may be your son, or family member or something.. U describe him like he's a pro bowler or has pro bowl potential.. Who have u seen him block to make him a great pass blocker? Who have u seen him out run where he's shown off his great blazing speed? He has yet not shown the ability to break tackles or make anyone miss in the open field.. I'll admit he does have the best hands of all the backs, but none of our backs have really bad hands to seperate him from them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I disagree, respectfully of course. I don't see a need for Pead being on this team anymore. He is dead weight. Maybe a change of scenery will help. But with the addition of Mason, and the rumors of Fisher/Snead trying to trade him during the draft, it appears his days are numbered as a Ram. Only chance he has is as a 3rd down back because of his blocking skills. But given time, who knows, another one in the stable might be able to do just as good. We shall see.
Actually they tried to trade him IMO because they could look the other team in the face knowing they'd gotten some value in the trade,so I don't think it's a done deal he doesn't get a shot at training camp,hell they may have a trade in the works now but they showed DR the door today if Pead was done why wait?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I believe Pead may be your son, or family member or something.. U describe him like he's a pro bowler or has pro bowl potential.. Who have u seen him block to make him a great pass blocker? Who have u seen him out run where he's shown off his great blazing speed? He has yet not shown the ability to break tackles or make anyone miss in the open field.. I'll admit he does have the best hands of all the backs, but none of our backs have really bad hands to seperate him from them.

Honestly, I want him off the roster. Because he's a waste of space because he is mentally not ready for the NFL evidently. But he's the most physically talented back on our roster, and like Quick, if he can adjust he will be great. This is all based on watching college and pro tape. He IS a great blocker. Anybody can tell you that much, not just me. Anybody can tell you he's fast. Those are facts. Why are you debating on me on facts? He IS fast, he IS a great blocker. Now the shiftiness he hasn't shown in the NFL, but go watch his college tape. In the open field, he was very hard to tackle.

I'm done talking about Pead.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Actually they tried to trade him IMO because they could look the other team in the face knowing they'd gotten some value in the trade,so I don't think it's a done deal he doesn't get a shot at training camp,hell they may have a trade in the works now but they showed DR the door today if Pead was done why wait?

Idk why wait, maybe they dont want to get rid of all there bad backs incase if an injury or the lightbulb switches on. Could be lots of things.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Pead.

Not Marshal Faulk......
Not Lawrence Phillips...

Somewhere in between.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I think Pead is on course to be our 4th RB due to his STs value...but if we can trade him for a future 5th or 6th rounder, unload him. We need to start stockpiling future draft picks in any way possible....keep the pipeline of new and cheap talent flowing.

Yup! We need alot of picks because we won't be picking in the top 20 for a long time! :)

Damn is that true?? Although in all fairness 2012 wasn't that great a year for WRs - if i remember correctly??

Off the top of my head Jeffery and Hilton are both good players. Knowing that Pead is probably a waisted pick we could have traded the Quick pick and the Pead pick and moved up to get one of Michael Floyd or Kendall Wright.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
When was the last time a 2nd round RB who was not good his first 2 years, then became good in his 3rd year?

I don't ever remember it happening. But some people think it's gonna happen with Pead. Dream on.

Pead is a bust. Plain and simple.