Rams tried to trade Pead during draft.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
According to Rotoworld...

NFL insider Dan Pompei reports Rams 2012 second-round pick Isaiah Pead was "the subject of some trade talks during the draft."
The Rams return Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham, and used a top-75 pick on Tre Mason. At the Combine, GM Les Snead indicated he sees Pead as mostly a special teamer. Pead's roster chances are around 50:50 entering training camp. It's likely St. Louis was the initiator of trade talks, not the other way around. Through two NFL seasons, Pead has 17 carries for 75 yards (4.4 YPC). May 15 - 12:54 PM
Source: Bleacher Report

Looks like Pead's headcased his way out of Saint Louis, shame, kid has the tools, but he just doesn't seem to be able to get it all to come together on the field.

Hopefully we can get something for him this season and he can get a change of scenery.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
According to Rotoworld...

NFL insider Dan Pompei reports Rams 2012 second-round pick Isaiah Pead was "the subject of some trade talks during the draft."
The Rams return Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham, and used a top-75 pick on Tre Mason. At the Combine, GM Les Snead indicated he sees Pead as mostly a special teamer. Pead's roster chances are around 50:50 entering training camp. It's likely St. Louis was the initiator of trade talks, not the other way around. Through two NFL seasons, Pead has 17 carries for 75 yards (4.4 YPC). May 15 - 12:54 PM
Source: Bleacher Report

Looks like Pead's headcased his way out of Saint Louis, shame, kid has the tools, but he just doesn't seem to be able to get it all to come together on the field.

Hopefully we can get something for him this season and he can get a change of scenery.

I think Pead is on course to be our 4th RB due to his STs value...but if we can trade him for a future 5th or 6th rounder, unload him. We need to start stockpiling future draft picks in any way possible....keep the pipeline of new and cheap talent flowing.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not bashing pead when I say this but, honestly, what did they expect to get for him? A guy that cant even crack our lineup when we had no viable option until stacy showed up outta nowhere.

A55VA6

Legend
The St. Louis Rams' backfield contains too many cooks after Les Snead drafted running back Tre Mason in the third round last week.

The Rams reportedly tried to thin the herd during the 2014 NFL Draft. According to plugged-in reporter Dan Pompei of Bleacher Report, running back Isaiah Pead was the subject of trade talks.

Shopping the former second-round pick makes sense for theRams. Zac Stacy proved last season he is the starter and can handle the bulk of the carries. Mason presumably can be the change-of-pace runner that Pead was supposed to be coming out of Cincinnati. Daryl Richardson will likely be the third option.

After the Rams failed to ship Pead out of town, the running back -- picked ahead of the likes ofLavonte David -- will be fighting for his roster spot this summer.

The 50th overall selection in 2012 has just 17 carries for 75 yards, 14 receptions and 15 kick returns in two seasons. He might be given a chance to remain in St. Louis if he can prove his worth on special teams. It's likely, however, Pead's seen his last down in the Rams' backfield.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...iah-pead-during-nfl-draftcampaign=Twitter_atl

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im not bashing pead when I say this but, honestly, what did they expect to get for him? A guy that cant even crack our lineup when we had no viable option until stacy showed up outta nowhere.
Probably a late rounder, 5th at the maximum if we're lucky for some team that can take a chance on a what if or some team that doesn't have much other options and are willing to try to groom the talent out of him.

Pead might benefit from being out of the horns, guy hit the dog house hard, earlier. Getting out of it might rekindle something for him, who knows.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Me Neither.... he's gone regardless. He'll be cut and our first draft failure with the new era.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Pead and Quick would have never been selected, IMO, if Snead would have had his scouts in but they had to stick with Devaney and Spags scouts if im correct that first year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes Richardson out of a spot either. Headcase issues aside, he brings more to the table than Richardson.... And we drafted Richardson's replacement.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes Richardson out of a spot either. Headcase issues aside, he brings more to the table than Richardson.... And we drafted Richardson's replacement.
With Mason, Stacy and Cunningham, I really don't see a place for either Richardson or Pead.

ED_29

Pead and Watkins the two picks coming out of the RG3 trade that don't look so good. I have given up on him. Especially with the way Stacy came in and took over. I have not given up on Quick

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Pead is possibly the most talented back on the team. Evidently he just hasn't put it all together yet. His Rams career is probably over, but I hope he has success elsewhere.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Rams kept 5 RBs last year. Wouldn't surprise me if they did it again this year, though I would hope one would be capable of playing a some FB.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Pead is possibly the most talented back on the team. Evidently he just hasn't put it all together yet. His Rams career is probably over, but I hope he has success elsewhere.

Really? What if he goes to another team in our division? If he stunk for us, then good riddance.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Pead and Watkins the two picks coming out of the RG3 trade that don't look so good. I have given up on him. Especially with the way Stacy came in and took over. I have not given up on Quick
Not bad outcome from this trade, really. If this is all we have to complain about than I'd say we have very little to be unhappy about given the outcome of this trade.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Rams kept 5 RBs last year. Wouldn't surprise me if they did it again this year, though I would hope one would be capable of playing a some FB.

The difference being last year the 5th RB was purely a ST core player in Chase Reynolds, in much the same way they kept WR Dominique Curry in years past. That most likely wont be the case this year, unless that 5th RB is Reynolds again..

Shopping Pead aside, I still believe, given that he was NOT traded, he still has a leg up on Richardson IF they plan on keeping either one of them.

ED_29

Not bad outcome from this trade, really. If this is all we have to complain about than I'd say we have very little to be unhappy about given the outcome of this trade.
Yeah wasn't implying otherwise.... Everything else looks really positive. The other day NFLNW had a chart up showing all the picks. Those were the only ones that I thought didn't belong on the screen. We have a ways to go regarding certainty.... But other than those two things look good

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Pead and Quick would have never been selected, IMO, if Snead would have had his scouts in but they had to stick with Devaney and Spags scouts if im correct that first year.

Damn is that true?? Although in all fairness 2012 wasn't that great a year for WRs - if i remember correctly??