Rams Touched Base with Wisniewski

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He did replace Wells in KC last year. He also played better than Wells has in years. You will have to take it up with the coaching staff, but Jones and Barnes both graded out higher than Wells. This is the same coaching staff that thought Joseph was the better move to start than the #2 player in the draft, so there is that. They are also the same staff that thought Joseph was better than anyone at anytime.

Coach "Bou" should be on a short leash after filling his pants the way he did last year. We still don't know what we have yet in Jones 3 years in. I am glad to see the Rams casting out two overpaid, over the hill veterans, but the allegiance that these guys have to "former" Pro-bowlers really needs to change. Who knows? After today, maybe it has.

Sorry but I just don't buy it. If Jones was better than Wells he would have eventually started or Snead wouldn't be reaching out to Wisneiwski. You seriously think that the coaches purposely want the offensive line to play as bad as possible by playing their worst players? What is this 'Major Leauge'?

When is the Jones support going to end? When he is cut? and never starts for another team? There have been other Rimington award winners that were not that great. College awards are great for college but mean diddly in the NFL. Reports on Jones is that he was not strong enough to play even when healthy and by looking at him he didn't seem to strengthen up much. Strong enough for college, especially when grouped with a monster OLine isn't always strong enough for the pros.

Don't get me wrong. I wish the guy was an All Pro. I wish Davin Joseph was last year also, but I know it aint so. I am not going to believe that the coaches purposely put one of their best players on the bench according to unproven PFF Olinemen grades and I wont ignore that a brief one game substitution is a good measure of ability.

But maybe you are right. The Rams drafted Barrett Jones just to insure that he doesn't get a chance to start in the NFL.

fearsomefour

Legend
From what I understand Wiz may actually be better at guard. I'm not sure on this, just coming from a Raider buddy. It would be interesting if we were bringing him in to talk about playing guard for us.
Well, to me C is a harder position to fill with a high level player. I would want Wiz to play C if he is signed.
The Rams need a C and a G or two and a T or two....so, you know. Whatever.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Don't get me wrong Elmgovegnome, I have no special affinity for Jones. All I know is that Scott Wells and Davin Joseph were the worst starting players in the NFL last year. Once Robinson replaced Joseph the Rams were better. Once anyone, fill in a name; Barnes, Jones replaced Wells, they were better.

I am just glad that the Rams are moving on and we hopefully never have to see those two "pro bowlers" again!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Barksdale has been quiet this free agency. Hopefully it means his market is nowhere near what he thought

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wisniewski has started & played two NFL OL positions & same in college. Stefon plays Left OG & Center. Correct me if I am wrong here.....are we not in need for a starting OC & OLG?

Stefon is around 25 pounds more than Scott Wells was last season. If Snead is as good as I think he is then the Rams could have two legit young centers on the roster now & then if one of them turns it on Stefon could slide over to the vacant OLG post.

I say lets get serious here on Wisniewski where he will be our starter either @ OLG or center. I would also go out & sign both veterans OLG Justin Blalock & ORG Rob Sims both to short 2 yr deals. The only remaining real issue is @ ORT post. Saffold & one of the top selections will have to do.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Wisniewski has started & played two NFL OL positions & same in college. Stefon plays Left OG & Center. Correct me if I am wrong here.....are we not in need for a starting OC & OLG?

Stefon is around 25 pounds more than Scott Wells was last season. If Snead is as good as I think he is then the Rams could have two legit young centers on the roster now & then if one of them turns it on Stefon could slide over to the vacant OLG post.

I say lets get serious here on Wisniewski where he will be our starter either @ OLG or center. I would also go out & sign both veterans OLG Justin Blalock & ORG Rob Sims both to short 2 yr deals. The only remaining real issue is @ ORT post. Saffold & one of the top selections will have to do.
The fact that Wiz can play both spots sure seems to make him a good fit for us. Also, how wonderful would it be if B. Jones or Rhaney won the C spot and we could slide Wiz to the position most believe to be his best, LG?!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Barksdale has been quiet this free agency. Hopefully it means his market is nowhere near what he thought

Or that his agent doesn't use the media the way others do.

Just because we don't hear about it - doesn't mean it isn't happening. In fact, often times hearing about 'interest' means that a guy isn't getting much interest.

Thats why I don't buy the Foles talk. You know the Rams wouldn't leak it - why would they? The Eagles certainly would .... why? To try to drive up the price.

"The Rams have upped their offer." -- why would this leak? Who benefits from that 'information' being out there?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or that his agent doesn't use the media the way others do.

Just because we don't hear about it - doesn't mean it isn't happening. In fact, often times hearing about 'interest' means that a guy isn't getting much interest.

Thats why I don't buy the Foles talk. You know the Rams wouldn't leak it - why would they? The Eagles certainly would .... why? To try to drive up the price.

"The Rams have upped their offer." -- why would this leak? Who benefits from that 'information' being out there?
But why does anything ever leak. I don't get it. Like "rams gave touched base with Stephen". Who saw that as a relevant thing to say

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think reporters aren't completely inept. You can't hide everything - but trade negotiations aren't the kind of thing that teams give access to - unless there is a motive.

FRO

Legend
In free agency the agents leak what team has interest. I'm trades the team shopping the player is the leaker. It's a way of driving up the price.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wisniewski is pretty average at Center. Raiders have a crazy amount of cap space...might as well use it to get the best OL on the market.

Thought he held up really well at the point and IMO seems to make good line adjustments and is still very young so I think he would be an asset and an upgrade over Wells.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The fact that Wiz can play both spots sure seems to make him a good fit for us. Also, how wonderful would it be if B. Jones or Rhaney won the C spot and we could slide Wiz to the position most believe to be his best, LG?!
Why would you even say such a thing? Your just getting my hopes up.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
So far, the only starting prospect at Center that I like is Cam Erving, other than some Guards that can be converted.

I like Cam Erving too.
Cam's a versatile C/G and he should go off the board in the vicinity of our 2nd round pick.:love:

I believe Center is a very important offensive line position... I prefer two solid centers on our roster.

Barrett Jones? He's about the most unknown quantity on the Ram's roster...I believe the coaches know more about Jones than we do...I hope that's why he's still on the roster. There's always hope? :cautious:

If we don't sign Steve "The Wiz" Wisniewski, then I got to believe that Snisher feels we have a decent center on the roster already, or we are targeting Cam Erving. Cause right now it appears to the Barrett Jones Boo Birds our roster is bear as Mother Hubbard's Cupboard when it comes to Centers.:cry:

Last edited: