Rams Touched Base with Wisniewski

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So far, the only starting prospect at Center that I like is Cam Erving, other than some Guards that can be converted.

I really like Erving and after him I like Max Garcia. The rest of the draftable centers don't get me too excited.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If hes average we don't want him. Was he average because he's average or because of what he was surrounded with? Also do you you think Bou can work his magic with him and make him better?

My best guess? He's average. Not a liability. Not amazing. Just average. I'd take him at the right price. But I wouldn't pay him like he's a top 5 or 10 Center in the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I always thought that Mike Tice was a decent OLine coach. It's hard to believe that he saw tape of Wisniewski and backed the idea of perhaps making Hudson the highest paid Center in the NFL.

BTW, I used to post on a Raiders board last year and it seemed that many of the posters thought Wisniewski might be better off playing guard. Said he was far better there than he had been at center.

I have trouble trusting a fan base without knowing specific posters. Tice may just figure Hudson is an upgrade over what he has. It doesn't mean he thinks Wis sucks. Maybe he figures if he is going to advocate spending the money then he should spend it on Hudson. Afterall the Raiders did want to resign Wisneiwski for 3. million and his agent said it was not enough. So it seems they were content to keep him. Cant be all that bad and definitely is better than Wells.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A.J. Cann and Andy Gallik

I said it before I don't like Galik. He is weak at the point of attack. He is very fast off the snap then gets pushed backwards too easily. Not my cup of tea. And sure if Cann actually is able to play center well then he would be a good one but how do any of us know that he can? Just because he said he can isn't enough for my liking. If I was a draftable Olinemen and thought it would improve my draft stock then I would say I could play more than one position also. Is there actual game tape of AJ Cann playing center? If I can't see it and cannot work him out to figure out if he can do it then I would not list him as a center.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said it before I don't like Galik. He is weak at the point of attack. He is very fast off the snap then gets pushed backwards too easily. Not my cup of tea. And sure if Cann actually is able to play center well then he would be a good one but how do any of us know that he can? Just because he said he can isn't enough for my liking. If I was a draftable Olinemen and thought it would improve my draft stock then I would say I could play more than one position also. Is there actual game tape of AJ Cann playing center? If I can't see it and cannot work him out to figure out if he can do it then I would not list him as a center.

His name is A.J. Cann. Not A.J. Can't. ;)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Fine by me. I watched a couple Raiders games and he's just overall a very good center in my opinion who does everything you ask him to. Consistent and reliable. Not as good as I had heard he was, but very good overall. I like him. As long as he's not asking for too much, I'd do it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Fine by me. I watched a couple Raiders games and he's just overall a very good center in my opinion who does everything you ask him to. Consistent and reliable. Not as good as I had heard he was, but very good overall. I like him. As long as he's not asking for too much, I'd do it.
The Joe Barksdale of centers?
I'd be fine knowing those 2 are on our squad.
A couple of blue collar players that show up to work everyday.
At least for now.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I say we are pretty good at taking Raiders linemen and coaching them up.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wiz is solid to me.
Not a Mack or anything but few are. C is a pretty tough position to find an elite guy. If the goal is to get better with a proven guy at the position this offseason then he is it.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Joe Barksdale of centers?
I'd be fine knowing those 2 are on our squad.
A couple of blue collar players that show up to work everyday.
At least for now.
Wiz is a legit starting C. Barksdale was not when he left Oakland.
He is young, healthy and very solid.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Me either.

Going with a very old one did not work out either. How about a younger bigger taller & smarter center named Barrett Jones.

Nothing solid about Joe Barksdale's pass protection skills. Now his ability to stay on the field & pass block poorly was very solid.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
From what I understand Wiz may actually be better at guard. I'm not sure on this, just coming from a Raider buddy. It would be interesting if we were bringing him in to talk about playing guard for us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Going with a very old one did not work out either. How about a younger bigger taller & smarter center named Barrett Jones.

You forgot 'oft injured '

And, wouldn't it be safe to assume that if at any point last season, Jones was healthy(I think he made some game appearances late)that if he wasn't good enough to replace the terrible play of Scott Wells, that he is not a candidate to take over at Center for the Rams?

BTW younger, bigger, taller and Smarter than whom?

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
You forgot 'oft injured '

And, wouldn't it be safe to assume that if at any point last season, Jones was healthy(I think he made some game appearances late)that if he wasn't good enough to replace the terrible play of Scott Wells, that he is not a candidate to take over at Center for the Rams?

BTW younger, bigger, taller and Smarter than whom?

He did replace Wells in KC last year. He also played better than Wells has in years. You will have to take it up with the coaching staff, but Jones and Barnes both graded out higher than Wells. This is the same coaching staff that thought Joseph was the better move to start than the #2 player in the draft, so there is that. They are also the same staff that thought Joseph was better than anyone at anytime.

Coach "Bou" should be on a short leash after filling his pants the way he did last year. We still don't know what we have yet in Jones 3 years in. I am glad to see the Rams casting out two overpaid, over the hill veterans, but the allegiance that these guys have to "former" Pro-bowlers really needs to change. Who knows? After today, maybe it has.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Forgot to mention, the real problem Wiz has, which is why he won't get top tier money, is he sometimes has issues with snapping the ball. I don't know what the problem is, but that's a concern for him at center which is why he's viewed strictly as a guard by some. Maybe Bou can fix that.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I like B.J. Finney too!
IMG_112914ksu_ku_br36.JP_2_1_I23KET19_L92813707.JPG

Good call coach. I like Finney also. Jake Fisher Louisville, Gallik BC, my personal fave Shaq Mason GT are just to name a few potential day 1 starters who could be found in the mid rounds this year. C looks like a position you can get some good value in the later rounds this year

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Forgot to mention, the real problem Wiz has, which is why he won't get top tier money, is he sometimes has issues with snapping the ball. I don't know what the problem is, but that's a concern for him at center which is why he's viewed strictly as a guard by some. Maybe Bou can fix that.

Maybe his snapping hand looks like Torrys? I didn't know about his troubles snapping the ball. That would be a problem as we have seen with Wells.