Rams to "make major changes in offseason"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the way mcvay puts the blame on himself for almost every loss I don't know if he will fire anyone. he might be to nice a guy for his own good.

Did you have a look at his face after the whiners completed their second 3rd and 16? Then after the winning fg? That looked like a man who wanted to kill someone. Some serious changes are coming.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The Peter principle states that a person who is competent at their job will earn promotion to a more senior position which requires different skills. If the promoted person lacks the skills required for their new role, then they will be incompetent at their new level, and so they will not be promoted again. But if they are competent at their new role, then they will be promoted again, and they will continue to be promoted until they eventually reach a level at which they are incompetent. Being incompetent, they do not qualify to be promoted again, and so remain stuck at that final level for the rest of their career (termed "Final Placement" or "Peter's Plateau").

Damn, you got technical on me. 'I'm just talking about what everyday people mean when they use this term. I guess, thanks for educating me on the Peter principals true definition. Although I probably could have made it through life without knowing all this.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I concur here and history has shown when Kromer has been given more responsibility (Chicago & New Orleans) the results have been unfavorable. Move him back to OL Coach, bring in Bill Callahan with the title of Offensive Coordinator/Run Game and let them work in concert together to retool the Offensive Line and running game, however, if they did just replace Kromer with Callahan, that is the only person I would consider an upgrade to Kromer IMHO.
I think the Raiders are the primary threat to get Callahan, as Cable is a bit of a jerk and BC would be a very big upgrade. Also could see Dallas as a threat with Jerry Jones throwing money at him in an assistant role for whichever HC he ropes in. Dallas' OL has probably underperformed more than any other in this league tbh.

Re: Kromer & Callahan working together I think that's a bit too much ego/experience in one room. You want one voice so if Callahan is in the mix I think McVay makes the move and that's the NFL.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Re: Kromer & Callahan working together I think that's a bit too much ego/experience in one room. You want one voice so if Callahan is in the mix I think McVay makes the move and that's the NFL.

Most likely correct here, but with the OC role, they could work in unison, however, that might not be the case. IMO, if McVay wants Callahan I believe the Rams will get him as ESK spares no expense with assistants and they did work together, but concur on the Dallas front as their current Offensive Line Coach Marc Colombo has little experience, but is highly regarded.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The only change I see will be Wade, due to retirement over anything.

I hope they don't knee jerk over a likely 9-7 season and do something brash. Stay the course, tweak what you need to.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only change I see will be Wade, due to retirement over anything.

I hope they don't knee jerk over a likely 9-7 season and do something brash. Stay the course, tweak what you need to.
I think with Wade we could see some defensive position coaches change as well. Also I’m thinking McVay brings in an OC, though I doubt he takes play calling away.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think with Wade we could see some defensive position coaches change as well. Also I’m thinking McVay brings in an OC, though I doubt he takes play calling away.

If they bring in an OC, my classic signature line will be relevant again.

When all else fails....

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Of course major changes are coming but I'm not sure which ones.

I'd hate to see Fowler leave but it's gonna be hard to keep him and Ramsey.

Does Brockers, or Cooks, or Brown go?

One change I wanna see McVay hiring a seasoned OC to help him with plays and play calling. He needs the help.

With so few draft picks the moves made need to be carefully thought out. Very little room for error.

Lots to consider!

Do you think Jay Gruden or Bill Callahan could be considered for OC?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Raiders are the primary threat to get Callahan, as Cable is a bit of a jerk and BC would be a very big upgrade. Also could see Dallas as a threat with Jerry Jones throwing money at him in an assistant role for whichever HC he ropes in. Dallas' OL has probably underperformed more than any other in this league tbh.

TBF, Kromer did come up under Callahan in the NFL. But I agree. Kromer is one of the NFL's top OL Coaches. I don't think he'd take kindly to having Callahan be made his boss.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I'm not sure. If McVay goes for an OC, the offensive philosophy has to be close to his own. The thing is...does he want one?

I would think either of those guys would align pretty well with Mcvay. He coached with both before coming here.

One thing I know for certain Mcvay will work tirelessly to get it figured out.

Get the wedding and festivities out of the way we have a football team to get together.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Damn, you got technical on me. 'I'm just talking about what everyday people mean when they use this term. I guess, thanks for educating me on the Peter principals true definition. Although I probably could have made it through life without knowing all this.
Wasn't trying to be a dick. Sorry bro.

I had also never heard it used like you said, but I've never been in corporate America. It's probably a lack of experience in my part.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I've only fallen in love with him for the way he breaks down tape.

I know he was in camp with us Mcvay's first year.

I think he's pursuing different avenues of the professional realm but I'd love to see Orlovsky brought in as an offensive quality control coach or QB coach.