Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Rams are going to let the market decide his worth. I'm sure they already know what they're willing to pay. If another team offers more then they say thanks for the contribution and good luck. If its within their price range they'll match it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Jackson was below average last year. We can easily find a replacement level LT in FA or the draft.

I want him back because he's cheap and we can win with him starting - but I would want him as cheap as possible.
He graded slightly above average and looked like it. He only allowed 1 sack over the full season and 3 total penalties. And that was only his first year starting. You would expect some year to year improvement in a 25 year old.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Match it or draft his replacement in the 1st round. Why risk more money before you have to?
Well, if they had any inkling that his value was 4.9 or higher, they would have tendered that amount and taken the 2nd round draft pick.
Risking 2 mill to gain a 2nd rounder? No brainer

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a side note, tendering him doesn't mean that they can't still sign him. They may also just have wanted to make sure he was tendered, and it could be a sign of good faith in the ongoing negotiations that they didn't attach a draft pick along with it.

Not saying that is what is happening, but just saying we don't know what is going on in the background, and that is one of the possibilities.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
As a side note, tendering him doesn't mean that they can't still sign him. They may also just have wanted to make sure he was tendered, and it could be a sign of good faith in the ongoing negotiations that they didn't attach a draft pick along with it.

Not saying that is what is happening, but just saying we don't know what is going on in the background, and that is one of the possibilities.

I agree with this and I agree it was probably discussed they basically promised to allow these guys to see wt they can get gauge their market then show faith in good business and allow the rams to match or let them go get the bag. So by doing this without the restriction of a 2nd rounder it's good faith by the rams to see what he can really get which they promised but are also gambling on good faith from AJ and his side to work something out so if nobody out bods that tender then the rams can start their if some goes nuts then the rams can choose to start their or for showing and allowing the good faith try for home town discount. It's just good faith business. It can burn you it can reward you. We will see.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well, if they had any inkling that his value was 4.9 or higher, they would have tendered that amount and taken the 2nd round draft pick.
Risking 2 mill to gain a 2nd rounder? No brainer
I think the idea that they’re baiting an offer may have merit.
If Jackson repeats his performance, he’d get a significantly better offer, most likely.
Maybe they lock him up by matching an offer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
aI agree with this and I agree it was probably discussed they basically promised to allow these guys to see wt they can get gauge their market then show faith in good business and allow the rams to match or let them go get the bag. So by doing this without the restriction of a 2nd rounder it's good faith by the rams to see what he can really get which they promised but are also gambling on good faith from AJ and his side to work something out so if nobody out bods that tender then the rams can start their if some goes nuts then the rams can choose to start their or for showing and allowing the good faith try for home town discount. It's just good faith business. It can burn you it can reward you. We will see.
I'm buying this if, and only if, he signs long term with the Rams before hitting the FA market. Like Dotson, they dont need the market to kick in so they know what he's worth
If he gets 5-8 mill per season elsewhere and the Rams dont match, they come away looking a bit foolish

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Original round tender means they don't expect him to be on the team next year since he was an UDFA. It means they will draft his replacement this year as I've always thought they would. IMO the Rams might have thought to give him one more year before they make a decision, but his attitude last year soured their opinion of him. They will see him simply as a future comp pick. If a teams makes him an offer it means Noteboom at LT this year as they aren't likely to match it.

His lack of improvement sealed his fate as far as the Rams are concerned. Too bad because he destroyed his own career. Other teams are likely to see this as a negative, as teams don't give up on a LT unless there are some real reasons. The Rams could take a LT in the second round in the same way they got Avila.
WTF? Where are you getting this? We're kind of used to your BS but throwing accusations at one of our players is really low unless you have proof. Knock that shit off. I'm calling you on this. Either show proof or you'll be getting a time out for this one. I'm really tired of having to go over this with you only for you to ignore it and keep going.

And future comp pick? How would that work as you also acknowledged that he was a UDFA? And if he is such a negative to other teams, who is going to give him a contract that would garner us a comp pick?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
WTF? Where are you getting this? We're kind of used to your BS but throwing accusations at one of our players is really low unless you have proof. Knock that shit off. I'm calling you on this. Either show proof or you'll be getting a time out for this one. I'm really tired of having to go over this with you only for you to ignore it and keep going.

And future comp pick? How would that work as you also acknowledged that he was a UDFA? And if he is such a negative to other teams, who is going to give him a contract that would garner us a comp pick?
Restricted FAs do not count in the comp formula. It is only for UFAs... the reasoning is the team has the choice to retain a Restricted player...if they let him walk for a better offer, they get no comp pick.