Rams Tender Hoecht - Right of first refusal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Oh I agree....it'll be had in the draft most likely. Adding early picks to our defense can take it from middling to top ten.
I hope so, rookies while being helpful take more time to pick up the nuances of the NFL. Hopefully we hit again on our draft. Seems like we'd have to bank on 2nd year improvements more if we don't get anymore D additions in the later stages of FA. Would love to not have it be a glaring issue come draft time as teams will try to jump us if they see that.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will get at least three contributors through the draft - hopefully four: edge, cb, mlb and s.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OP isn't in on my bit about Hoecht apparently since he gave me an unsure response :bigcry:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So much for upgrading the defense
I’m disappointed they didn’t get an edge.
That being said.. I think they’re better going into next season than they were at the start of last season… and that’s before any veteran minimum additions and an entire draft.
I have faith the defense will be better.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will get at least three contributors through the draft - hopefully four: edge, cb, mlb and s.

And its logical that Young, Turner, Brown, Kendrick (yes, Kendrick), Tomlinson, Durant and Yeast improve - they are all young guys who got playing time (except for Tomlinson) last year.

Jones, AD and Williams are proven. Young and Turner showed incredible potential. That's potentially five above average starters already. That one or two of the others make a jump and two highly drafted rookies make an impact should almost be expected.

dang

Legend
And its logical that Young, Turner, Brown, Kendrick (yes, Kendrick), Tomlinson, Durant and Yeast improve - they are all young guys who got playing time (except for Tomlinson) last year.

Jones, AD and Williams are proven. Young and Turner showed incredible potential. That's potentially five above average starters already. That one or two of the others make a jump and two highly drafted rookies make an impact should almost be expected.
Very good point. I need to work on my lack of patience. I wsngg th yo see Hoecht at 5T and tear it up. Rams have to know he cannot cover anywhere beyond the flats.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Andrew Van Ginkel was one and I am sure there were others. They still could make a deal, but maybe the draft will now be their focus for Edge.
This hurts. He signed a reasonable deal and is really a great fit for our system.

Tano

Legend
Yeah overall he wasn't bad but offenses found a way to isolate him on someone he should never be covering and had them go deep multiple times throughout season. Flaw in the scheme or maybe a safety screwed up but I don't blame Hoecht getting burned by a 200 pound receiver. He was put in an impossible situation on most of those plays everyone remembers.
Yeah I like Hoecht but he should never be in a scheme where he has to cover a TE or WR even as many times as he was forced to last year