Rams Tender Hoecht - Right of first refusal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Steve Davis
I am a bit surprised at this one. Hopefully, the plan is to move him back inside for depth. His coverage, or lack thereof, is very concerning. I believe he is pretty good at run stoppage inside and getting to the quarterback, his edge stops and pass coverage, not so much.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I am a bit surprised at this one. Hopefully, the plan is to move him back inside for depth. His coverage, or lack thereof, is very concerning. I believe he is pretty good at run stoppage inside and getting to the quarterback, his edge stops and pass coverage, not so much.

Agreed. Please keep that man out of coverage.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he would make a good defensive end, so long as he isn't asked to go into coverage.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I'm guessing the Rams were in on a couple Edge-players ... either in free agency or via trade ... but when unable to land one, moved-back to Hoecht. If so, I would love to know which players they showed an interest.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Right now.. he’s one of the Rams 2 OLB starters.
I’m hoping Verse or Chop last til 19.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think it's just covering their bases...so they are not super desperate for an edge. I would assume he could actually replace Jonah Williams once they get an edge in the draft, and that kid develops, or one of Mathis/Hampton step up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully he will be a rotation element for us this year behind another young edge they bring in via the draft. Glad to see him retained though.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I'm not mad about this. Hoecht has versatility that would help us. If we aren't going to bring Jonah williams back, I could see Hoecht moving back inside in that spot.

Also..I know it was strange seeing a converted D-tackle in coverage on the edge... but everyone was complaining about Hoecht in coverage while his PFW coverage grade improved as the season progressed

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If so, I would love to know which players they showed an interest.
Reportedly Uche. There may still be a player that gets cut in a later wave that the Rams will share interest in.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
I think it makes sense if he's going to be on the Dline. I doubt the Rams put him back at Edge.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm not mad about this. Hoecht has versatility that would help us. If we aren't going to bring Jonah williams back, I could see Hoecht moving back inside in that spot.

Also..I know it was strange seeing a converted D-tackle in coverage on the edge... but everyone was complaining about Hoecht in coverage while his PFW coverage grade improved as the season progressed
Yeah overall he wasn't bad but offenses found a way to isolate him on someone he should never be covering and had them go deep multiple times throughout season. Flaw in the scheme or maybe a safety screwed up but I don't blame Hoecht getting burned by a 200 pound receiver. He was put in an impossible situation on most of those plays everyone remembers.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Reportedly Uche. There may still be a player that gets cut in a later wave that the Rams will share interest in.
Uche would of been a nice fit here. But I find it hard to believe the Rams wouldnt go more than 1 year 5M which is the contract he signed. its being reported locally that Uche was pissed there wasnt more money out there for him. As a 3rd down rotational player, Uche would effective.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm guessing the Rams were in on a couple Edge-players ... either in free agency or via trade ... but when unable to land one, moved-back to Hoecht. If so, I would love to know which players they showed an interest.
Andrew Van Ginkel was one and I am sure there were others. They still could make a deal, but maybe the draft will now be their focus for Edge.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Can't believe we still haven't gotten AD more help. Seems like we are headed for more heart attack games like last year. Can we get some more help please?

Dave Chappelle Help GIF

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't believe we still haven't gotten AD more help. Seems like we are headed for more heart attack games like last year. Can we get some more help please?

Dave Chappelle Help GIF

If we re-sign one of our safeties, we basically have the same defense that held an elite offense to 24 points in a playoff game BEFORE the draft.

I like where we are.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If we re-sign one of our safeties, we basically have the same defense that held an elite offense to 24 points in a playoff game BEFORE the draft.

I like where we are.
Sorry but we need more help. It's probably coming, but we need it.