Rams taking Goff - Per schefter

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
See, with a lot of sports analysts I think you'd be right in saying if theyre wrong no one remembers but not schefter. Hes a different animal. Theres a good reason people hold his opinion in higher regard than the others. He has a proven track record of having REAL inside information and prides himself on being right

I hope he is brother...

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Goff is tough as nails. Don't let the smaller frame fool you. He should get bigger as well...

I don't doubt that. Goff is listed at 6'4" 215. I've seen some list him as 6'3"+. Wentz is 6'5" 237. And I don't doubt he's tough too. There's a small difference between NCAA tough and NFL tough. And there's a difference between being able to stand back there in the pocket and scrambling around sometimes running. I think our QB is going to be asked to do a lot of the latter. So I'm glad we'll be getting somebody "tough".

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Steve McNair's rookie season passer rating was 81.7 3 touchdowns and 1 interception in 4 games. His second year passer rating was 90.6 with 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 9 games. His first year starting passer rating was 70.4 with 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His Superbowl year was 78.6 with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His career passer rating was 82.8 with 174 touchdowns and 119 interceptions. His career YPA is 6.89

I think it would be fair to say that Fisher drafted a good option QB, didn't really develop him as a passer, and rode Eddie George to a Superbowl We can just agree to disagree though.

Who gave Foles an extension in training camp before seeing a single game?

Oh yeah, Fisher.

You have the potential to sway my view points so I'm not really excited about agreeing to disagree :LOL:

But with that said you went to certain lengths to "disagree" with my example of McNair as a QB drafted with upside who turned out to be arguably the greatest QB in Houston/Tenn history by citing passer rating stats and percentages. And I'm guessing by that you mean to say unless they (any QB) has some mysterious passer rating in which you wholeheartedly approve of then they havent developed their so-called upside. Well Folds -- who you so eloquently pointed out above)
has the best passer rating in history right? So then did he peak with Philli? Well if passer rating is what you judge QB performance on it surely does indicate he peaked in Philly and this when acquired by the Rams had no "upside" at all.

Or is Fisher to blame for Folds demise after 1/2 a season or does Chip Kelly take partial blame -- I mean after all passing percentages mean everything with your evaluations of whether a QB is fulfilling his upside or not.

But let's look at those McNair stats for a minute - wouldn't you say that it is an indicator of Fisher's preferred way of playing ball? I mean did you miss the memo about Fisher Ball? We'll let me break the news to you - Fisher likes to Run the freakin' ball. That's what the Rams are gonna do this year and the next and the next and the next, cause Fisher isn't going anywhere

In that system I believe Wentz with all the upside in the world is the best pick for this team -- but Goff with just as much upside has the potential to play within Fisher's system with just as much success

So the good news is we are getting out pick of the lot and it's gonna be good

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Steve McNair's rookie season passer rating was 81.7 3 touchdowns and 1 interception in 4 games. His second year passer rating was 90.6 with 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 9 games. His first year starting passer rating was 70.4 with 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His Superbowl year was 78.6 with 12 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. His career passer rating was 82.8 with 174 touchdowns and 119 interceptions. His career YPA is 6.89

I think it would be fair to say that Fisher drafted a good option QB, didn't really develop him as a passer, and rode Eddie George to a Superbowl We can just agree to disagree though.

Who gave Foles an extension in training camp before seeing a single game?

Oh yeah, Fisher.
You're assuming that Fisher wanted to develop him into a pocket passer.

Also what does giving Foles an extension have to do with developing a third year pro?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Adam Schefter talks about the Rams #1 pick with Ross Tucker. Schefter thinks the pick, as of today, is Jared Goff. He says the Rams really like both QB's.

Listen to Schefter Interview

Schefter Starts at 42:00

Very convincing although covering himself by saying "Rams could change their mind." However, I starting to believe it is the California Golden Boy with a Midas Touch.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Audio wouldn't load on my phone =(

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
You're assuming that Fisher wanted to develop him into a pocket passer.

Also what does giving Foles an extension have to do with developing a third year pro?

I'm not assuming that Fisher wanted to make him into a pocket passer. I'm assuming that Fisher is incapable of getting a QB "PROSPECT" coached up. Just like he is incapable of scouting/developing WR talent.

That said, Fisher is freakishly good at scouting/developing DT and DB talent. His record is very clear here.

As far as Goff vs Wentz goes, I'm not a scout, nor do I even claim to be a Monday morning QB. Goff is viewed as a more polished QB with good feet and very accurate. Wentz is more NFL prototype size with athletic upside.

Today I watched a little bit of the Cal Bears vs Oregon Ducks that I had saved on the DVR. The first series Goff started out shaky with the first 2 throws being awful, the 2nd was into double coverage. The third throw was when he seemed to get it going. He moved out of the pocket to avoid pressure and threw a laser to the exact point the WR needed it. The remainder of the series every throw of his was perfect accuracy wise. Oh, by the way, it was raining before and during the game so he was dealing with wet balls.

I haven't seen Wentz play. I have no frame of reference. He could be incredible. I actually hope both QB's are pro bowl types. That way the Rams could trade down and take the #2 pro bowler.

My criticism lies with Fisher and only regarding him scouting QB's and WR's.

Other than the immediate above, Fisher and Snead have done a great job with the draft.