1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Signing Davin Joseph

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RamBill, May 27, 2014.

1. RamBill Well-Known Member

Instant Scouting Report: Davin Joseph
    By Tony Softli

http://www.101sports.com/2014/05/28/instant-scouting-report-davin-joseph/

The St. Louis Rams have inked two-time Pro Bowl offensive guard Davin Joseph, 30, to a one-year contract.

A former first-round pick out of Oklahoma in 2006, Joseph spent eight years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 6-foot-2, 314-pounder earned trips to Hawaii in 2008 and 2011, starting 99 of 100 games played for the franchise.

After reported failed attempts to trade him, the Bucs cut Joseph in March. He missed the entire 2012 season with a torn patellar tendon in his right knee and had been set to make $6 million in 2014.

Joseph’s injury history dates back to 2010, too, when a broken foot knocked him out of a 17-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens that November. He subsequently went on injured reserve for the first time in his career.

Player Analysis:

A physical player with nasty attitude. A good athlete with size, girth and length. A run blocker with good first-step quickness, explosive snap and collision, and a powerful inline blocker. Physically equipped to play in either man- or zone-blocking schemes. Pass blocker with quick set, strong anchor, feet and balance to slide and remain frontal of defender. Good quickness and football instincts in space to locate, attack defender on the move.

Now healthy, Joseph may come into training camp and wow the Rams’ brass, competing for a starting job. Worst-case scenario: He helps greatly with the team’s overall depth as a swing guard.

2. flv 

Contract details as posted on Spotrac:

1 year only
    Base salary: $1.1M
    Active roster bonus: $300K
    Per game bonus: $21,900
    Maximum contract value if he plays in every game: $1,750,400
    Money guaranteed: $0

Wow! It's way less than Kenny Britt gets. It's definitely a 'show me' contract. Either Joseph is super-confident that he'll bounce back or other teams were offering little more than minimum wage. It looks like a contract given to someone who's unlikely to make the team.

3. -X- The Dude Abides Staff

Rams sign former Pro Bowler in Joseph
    Posted May 29, 2014 by Tony Softli & filed under NFL, RAMS.

The St. Louis Rams have inked two-time Pro Bowl offensive guard Davin Joseph, 30, to a one-year contract.

A former first-round pick out of Oklahoma in 2006, Joseph spent eight years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 6-foot-2, 314-pounder earned trips to Hawaii in 2008 and 2011, starting 99 of 100 games played for the franchise.

After reported failed attempts to trade him, the Bucs cut Joseph in March. He missed the entire 2012 season with a torn patellar tendon in his right knee and had been set to make $6 million in 2014.

Joseph’s injury history dates back to 2010, too, when a broken foot knocked him out of a 17-10 loss to the Baltimore Ravens that November. He subsequently went on injured reserve for the first time in his career.

Player Analysis:

A physical player with nasty attitude. A good athlete with size, girth and length. A run blocker with good first-step quickness, explosive snap and collision, and a powerful inline blocker. Physically equipped to play in either man- or zone-blocking schemes. Pass blocker with quick set, strong anchor, feet and balance to slide and remain frontal of defender. Good quickness and football instincts in space to locate, attack defender on the move.

Now healthy, Joseph may come into training camp and wow the Rams’ brass, competing for a starting job. Worst-case scenario: He helps greatly with the team’s overall depth as a swing guard.

Dagonet likes this.
  4. Angry Ram aka Captain RAmerica aka the OG Rammer

Well yeah, as with any other player. Could you imagine if another potential starter on the DL got IRd in training camp?

5. Legatron4 Well-Known Member

6. yrba1 PikaRam

At first I thought we re-signed him but then I saw the date of the thread posted. You freaking bastard.

7. Legatron4 Well-Known Member

:ROFLMAO:
    This was some funny stuff. We were SO excited about the guy lol

Corbin likes this.
  8. Boston Ram Well-Known Member

Don't do this again!! lol.

Corbin and Legatron4 like this.
  9. iced Well-Known Member

you forgot blue font lol

Legatron4 likes this.
  10. Ram_Fan Member

When I first saw the title. I was thinking "OH MY GOSH...NO!!!", and then I looked at the date. Lol

Corbin and Legatron4 like this.
  11. Rmfnlt Well-Known Member

Yeah.... free agent signings and draft choices are like spicy food.... always tastes good going down, but the heartburn can be hell. :)

Perhaps a cautionary tale for what's going on now with Barksdale, Blalock and Wiz? No one seems to be chomping at the bit to sign those guys.

Couch Boo... I'm beginning to worry that his magic may be wearing out. Hope not!

One other thought... seeing names like Chris Williams, Wayne Hunter, Shelly Smith and Harvey Dahl depressed me.

Corbin, Imperial and Legatron4 like this.
  12. bomebadeeda Onward through the fog..... preferably w/ a drink.

Don't get mad at Coach Boo....... You can't always make Chicken salad out of chicken crap.........

Mackeyser and Corbin like this.
  13. DaveFan'51 Well-Known Member

WTF You trying to give an OLD man a Heart attack or something!! :LOL:

14. Sum1 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the closest thing he's done to that at all in St. Louis is Barksdale...and I think that is just the case that Barksdale had the talent and just needed to put in the work more than it was being coached up.

If Barnes is re-signed and starts and is a quality starter then we really have something going there.

Legatron4 likes this.
  15. LazyWinker Well-Known Member

@Legatron4 this may be the cruelest thing you've ever done and this comes from a guy that drives the speed limit to be a jerk.

16. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

To quote The Who, "won't get fooled again...."

Except I will.

Legatron4 likes this.
  17. Legatron4 Well-Known Member

Hahaha I'm sorry LW. But someone linked this in another thread and I couldn't resist :LOL:

LazyWinker likes this.
  18. Amitar Active Member

This couldn't have waiting until April 1st?

LazyWinker and Legatron4 like this.
  19. -X- The Dude Abides Staff

And as per usual, I never get what I want.

[​IMG]

20. Legatron4 Well-Known Member

image.jpg

iced and Corbin like this.