Rams sign WR Brian Quick to a 1-year deal worth $3.75m

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quick was really coming on in 2014 until the injury
Except that's not true
He had a total of 4 catches for 53 yards in the 3 games leading up to the injury.
He disappeared once teams paid attention to him
There may not have been a Vincent Jackson type FA this year but with the cap room the Rams have I thought they'd have ante'd up for Jones or even Fleener

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Feel the same way. No other team was going to guarantee Quick $1.5M next year. We could have brought him back with a contract with no guaranteed money and incentives for performance.

You could be right. But, how do you know, really?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Feel the same way. No other team was going to guarantee Quick $1.5M next year. We could have brought him back with a contract with no guaranteed money and incentives for performance.
My thoughts exactly! Dont understand it.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
I know I am in the minority, but I am glad to see it. I am a Quick fan because he and I graduated from ASU.

Hey, Juice, Go Catamounts!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wow, big upgrade over our previous wr's........oh wait.....

If he gets over 400 yards this year I'd be surprised. And I used to be a big Quick supporter.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
WR's take time to learn systems, Quick knows system

He's played with these QB's

Not a lot of money and brings familiarity and unrealized (yet) ability.

I'm OK with it and if he struggles in camp, cut and replace.

I am not of the opinion that the Rams are done at the WR position this off-season......

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
WR's take time to learn systems, Quick knows system

He's played with these QB's

Not a lot of money and brings familiarity and unrealized (yet) ability.

I'm OK with it and if he struggles in camp, cut and replace.

I am not of the opinion that the Rams are done at the WR position this off-season......

Well said.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Are we getting the guy that showed promise before his injury, or are we getting the guy that doesn't even make an impact really at all.

Let me help you with your dilemma. We're getting the guy that doesn't even make an impact really at all.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
A million dollars for having potential. Crazy. He played competently two years ago, did nothing last year, and now he's a million dollars richer.

The Rams are very smart.

Isn't that more or less what teams do with draft picks every single year? Many of whom get guarantees far in excess of what Quick is getting, even with the rookie wage scale.

Again, this is a very low risk contract with little downside for the team. If he comes back to camp and flops like a fish, we cut him and we've only burned a tad under 1% of this year's cap and none in future years. If he plays well, it's a bargain.

Ram65

Legend
One more year can't hurt. He can block. Low risk @1.5 Million. Knows the system.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Go Quick! Ya got to pull for him. It's not a bad deal. Low risk, high reward potential. We still draft a WR high if one is there we like.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I was hoping to see Quick come back on a one year. Could be his time (again).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait a second, people are freaking out about a 1 year 1.5 million deal with incentives?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Except that's not true
He had a total of 4 catches for 53 yards in the 3 games leading up to the injury.
There may not have been a Vincent Jackson type FA this year but with the cap room the Rams have I thought they'd have ante'd up for Jones or even Fleener

Say what? He was the leading receiver before the injury. Where are you getting that?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Except that's not true

You're just looking at the sample size you want to. The entire 7 games he was 25 catches for 375 and 3TD's. I'm not saying that's earth shattering but the potential was there and was much better than anything we had seen.

I mean we paid Cook and even Britt a lot more money for pretty average stats too.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
One year deal so he can light it up and then sign with a new team next year. #contractyear
Not sure why the blue text when that is exactly what will happen if he lights it up.