Rams sign WR Brian Quick to a 1-year deal worth $3.75m

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
The LA #Rams signed WR Brian Quick to a 1-year worth up to $3.75M, source said. He gets $1.5M fully guaranteed.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Meh. Not upset by this, but not going to click my heels together in joy. He's a body, and the guaranteed number is low. He'd better show up big in training camp this year.

A55VA6

Legend
Cool. I'm glad to see him back.
I just don't know what we're getting. Are we getting the guy that showed promise before his injury, or are we getting the guy that doesn't even make an impact really at all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? That's the WR we bring in?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I just don't know what we're getting. Are we getting the guy that showed promise before his injury, or are we getting the guy that doesn't even make an impact really at all.
Well I guess we'll see now. As I say, it's his last shot and no more excuses. Either he's the guy he was on his way to becoming before he got hurt or he's just a guy that'll bounce around a few teams and be out of the league in a few years - which would he sad because he sounds like a great kid and a hard worker. Just had some bad luck. I hope it comes together for him this year and last year was just a boost for him to even be back on a football field after having his shoulder shredded into mincemeat.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
He's got the ideal size can he please just perform this year Jesus

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Waste of time, effort and money IMO....but it's a 1 year deal so meh....

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams, WR Brian Quick Agree on One-Year Deal
By Brandon Bate

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/3...free-agency-los-angeles-rams-sign-brian-quick

Taken with the 33rd overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, Brian Quick - out of Appalachian State, was a bit of a surprise pick for the St. Louis Rams.

He, however, was supposed to be the big-bodied vertical threat the team had been missing since the exodus of Torry Holt. Yet sadly, due to injury reasons, the first four years of career have been relatively fruitless, despite flashes. Most were uncertain, heading into the offseason, whether or not he’d even be retained.

And today those questions were answered...

Through his first four seasons with the Rams, Quick has played in 51 games, tallying 64 receptions for for 935 yards and 7 touchdowns. Hardly what you’d expect the stat lines to look like for a guy drafted just outside the first round. Oh, and his last receiving touchdown was recorded on Oct. 5, 2014

It’s clear, however, the Rams haven’t given up on him, and he’ll get another shot in 2016. Only time will tell if he’s able to remain healthy, and become the receiver the Rams hoped he’d become when they drafted him four years ago.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Donnie Avery not available?

I'm okay with Quick -- Cigs and Folds didn't do him any favors last season

And considering his guaranteed money is only 1% of the cap ... yeah, it's worth it to take a look and see if he can get back on track. If he can't, we can cut him and it's not a huge deal.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I am in the minority, but I am glad to see it. I am a Quick fan because he and I graduated from ASU. Think of it this way guys. What if Quick shows up and plays like he did before the injury. That would definitely be a hole we wouldn't have to fill. His size and presence can create mismatches. I am pulling for him. That was a nasty injury that some athletes just don't come back from.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Good for you Quick.

Now proof the Ram's and our fans wrong for doubting you could last year and this year going forward.

TXRams86

The Infamous
One year deal so he can light it up and then sign with a new team next year. #contractyear

tonyl711

Starter
I know I am in the minority, but I am glad to see it. I am a Quick fan because he and I graduated from ASU. Think of it this way guys. What if Quick shows up and plays like he did before the injury. That would definitely be a hole we wouldn't have to fill. His size and presence can create mismatches. I am pulling for him. That was a nasty injury that some athletes just don't come back from.
the only problem with that is with him are you comfortable enough not to go after another WR? IMO you still have a very pressing need at WR, but if you get that true #1 WR and it all of a sudden clicks with Quick just made a weakness a strength.
i like the deal since its 1 year and cheap, but am not overly optimistic.