Rams sign WR Brian Quick to a 1-year deal worth $3.75m

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Man

Rookie
No way I figured he'd be brought back. Why give him any guaranteed money after the season he had last year?
10 catches on 32 targets and he played in 13 games last year.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Quick was really coming on in 2014 until the injury. I don't think people really get how severe his injury was. He was lucky to play AT ALL last year.
And if he sucks it up this year that's a pretty cheap contract by most standards.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty indifferent to Quick and would not have been upset if we parted ways. At the same time, if they want him back on a one-year deal to see if he can come back from his injury, and considered last season a write-off, fine. Don't care. Maybe he puts it together. The contract is not large and it's only 1 year. It won't hurt us financially. My concern is that THIS is their plan for WR.

I will wait until after free agency and the draft before I decide to go off on Snisher for their plan on wide-outs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet
The LA #Rams signed WR Brian Quick to a 1-year worth up to $3.75M, source said. He gets $1.5M fully guaranteed.
If he can't get back to 2014 form "I don't think hell last long!!"

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Yea really, if he gets 3.75$ than we all will be very happy

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stupid. We need a clean break at the WR position.

Rampacious

UDFA
Worthwhile risk with that kind of "show me" contract,imo. Maybe wishful thinking on my part,but I thought I saw the hesitation/contact shyness dissipating towards the end of last year, I remember one play in particular as an example, might have been the 2nd game vs AZ, when Keenum threw too high for BQ in the RZ, but he went stratospheric to try to bring it in,got cartwheeled for his effort, & the pass was inc. Don't think he would have extended for that ball earlier in the year,though.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I have to wonder how much they were holding him back last year because of the recovery. If he can get back to where he was right before the injury, we have a damn good number 2.

Ram Man

Rookie
Worthwhile risk with that kind of "show me" contract,imo. Maybe wishful thinking on my part,but I thought I saw the hesitation/contact shyness dissipating towards the end of last year, I remember one play in particular as an example, might have been the 2nd game vs AZ, when Keenum threw too high for BQ in the RZ, but he went stratospheric to try to bring it in,got cartwheeled for his effort, & the pass was inc. Don't think he would have extended for that ball earlier in the year,though.

Keenum did not play in either game against Arizona last season.

Quick caught 1 ball on 6 targets in that 2nd Arizona game. Too many games like that and most 3rd or 4th WR's get cut.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
A million dollars for having potential. Crazy. He played competently two years ago, did nothing last year, and now he's a million dollars richer.

The Rams are very smart.

Rampacious

UDFA
Keenum did not play in either game against Arizona last season.

Quick caught 1 ball on 6 targets in that 2nd Arizona game. Too many games like that and most 3rd or 4th WR's get cut.
Ok,so maybe it was Foles or perhaps a different game - haven't looked at 2015 tape since the end of the year.It's on my to-do list right behind getting my toenails removed with pliers and voting for Trump. But the play happened for sure & I'll find it; it was too spectacular a wipeout to be a figment of my imagination.
Obviously, Quick was re-upped for the progress he showed pre-injury in '14, in any case, not '15.Pretty harsh to judge a WR with the service they got from any Ram QB last year,imo. That 2014 guy is definitely worth that contract if he gets reasonably consistent chances.
Btw, was never a fan of the pick. Not because I couldn't see the potential in his college tape, but because he was too raw to help early in the team rebuild/ to be taken that high.Snisher have done that several times with early picks,imo,such as Robinson.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
2015 was a lost year because of the shoulder. Not big gamble small guarantee. 1.5 is pocket lint in NFL terms. Rams also have only 3 WR under contract with limited picks have to add bodies somehow

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
the only problem with that is with him are you comfortable enough not to go after another WR? IMO you still have a very pressing need at WR, but if you get that true #1 WR and it all of a sudden clicks with Quick just made a weakness a strength.
i like the deal since its 1 year and cheap, but am not overly optimistic.
Agree. It is low risk and I'm guessing it does nothing to change whether we were going to go after a WR or which WR we were going to go after in the draft. He is a low risk, potentially high reward signing.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
1.5 mill guaranteed on a 155 mill salary cap. He counts for less than 1% of the cap and people say over paid lmao.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
By the way glad we brought him back. If he returns to 2014 form it's a good deal.

Me too.

We've put 4yrs into this guy. I like the idea of seeing how he bounces back.

If he doesn't, we can move on knowing we exhausted the potential.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Fisher and Snead may not have given up on him but I have. Hope to be proven wrong.

Ram Man

Rookie
Fisher and Snead may not have given up on him but I have. Hope to be proven wrong.

Feel the same way. No other team was going to guarantee Quick $1.5M next year. We could have brought him back with a contract with no guaranteed money and incentives for performance.