Rams sign WR Brian Quick to a 1-year deal worth $3.75m

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're just looking at the sample size you want to. The entire 7 games he was 25 catches for 375 and 3TD's. I'm not saying that's earth shattering but the potential was there and was much better than anything we had seen.

I mean we paid Cook and even Britt a lot more money for pretty average stats too.
Not at all. He started out hot then when defensed properly he was shut down. He was a non factor in the 3 games prior to getting hurt.
If the light bulb had gone on, it certainly went off as well

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What a boring signing, For me he's the Isaiah Pead of WRs - I would have rather had seen us sign one of the other FA WRs tbh...

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I don't mind this signing, I like Quick, but I do wonder... If we have a new passing game coordinator will Quick struggle to learn a different system, or style? It's a bit of a question mark, much like the offense in general. I hope we go big on O in the draft.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
we need to improve on our WRs, and unfortunately I don't think this signing helps...

lockdnram21

Legend
Not at all. He started out hot then when defensed properly he was shut down. He was a non factor in the 3 games prior to getting hurt.
If the light bulb had gone on, it certainly went off as well
He was a non factor because the defenses put all their attention on him. Which should have opened up for other receivers. Other receivers should have took advantage

Psycho_X

Legend
Really? $3.75 million? Couldn't get him for veterans minimum or close to?

So far in his career he will have now made $9.137 million. So far he's earned $143,000 per catch in his career.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Last go around for Brian Quick i hope he puts it together and becomes a beast this year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My position was to wish Quick a happy trails & move on from him after four very bad yrs in return for a near first round selection. That first 2nd round pick if it had been used on another dozen 2012 WR prospects stands to have helped this offensively deprived Rams team the last four seasons.

The "Lost Season" last yr was a strange one with many questions...if could be that early last TC it was planned(Snead/Fisher) to hold BQ out of most all major action then regroup after the season see how well BQ is doing & then let him have another try at it.

I'm OK with this since the FA wide out market is weak & way over priced. In this gamble where we have two seriously injured WR's (Bailey & Quick) both get a chance to get back into the game at a very low price where both would go into the season as our 5th & 6th wide outs then fine. But we need a top WR either in FA'cy or in the draft in the worse way.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wait a second, people are freaking out about a 1 year 1.5 million deal with incentives?
I will only freak out if we lose Benny Cunningham and Brian Quick is still here.
stupid.gif

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will only freak out if we lose Benny Cunningham and Brian Quick is still here.
stupid.gif
What does signing Quick have to do with signing Benny or not? The two aren't mutually exclusive. There is plenty of money for both.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO...they put 4 years into his development and it looked like he was finally catching on before his injury. A one year, maybe $2mil contract isn't too much to see if he can play. It would be worse if he signed somewhere else and had a good year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What does signing Quick have to do with signing Benny or not? The two aren't mutually exclusive. There is plenty of money for both.
Yes there is, but Benny has been far more important to this offense based on his production, so why not pay the man in confidence?
Then we have Quick who has done nothing and is now guaranteed to be a Ram this season.

I'm not sure why you don't understand my original point. Its simple. "IF" Quick is a Ram in 2016(which he now will be) and Cunningham is not a Ram in 2016(probable but not GUARANTEED) then that would be terrible roster/talent management.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes there is, but Benny has been far more important to this offense based on his production, so why not pay the man in confidence?
Then we have Quick who has done nothing and is now guaranteed to be a Ram this season.

I'm not sure why you don't understand my original point. Its simple. "IF" Quick is a Ram in 2016(which he now will be) and Cunningham is not a Ram in 2016(probable but not GUARANTEED) then that would be terrible roster/talent management.
I understand your post completely, but you seem to be linking the two roster spots together. As I said they aren't mutually exclusive and signing Quick to this small deal doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be on the 53 man. You and many others are upset for no reason, even if Benny is offered a deal the Rams can match it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I understand your post completely, but you seem to be linking the two roster spots together.
I am. In terms of player value on a roster. That's not unusual. Cunningham is worth more than Quick. He's a better football player and has proved it.
Quick got a one year contract and Benny got low tendered pending FA interest from another team. Just re-sign the guy to an affordable 2 or 3 year deal....quit Effing around.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fisher is going for the consecutive called rushing plays record. He needs blockers downfield. Quick will be the cornerstone of the running game.