Rams Sign CB Coty Sensabaugh To A Three-Year Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry but I'll take Gregg Williams endorsement, which this clearly was, over any fans critique.

I concur here, Williams coached him up and got quite a bit of production out of him especially as a slot corner add in the fact that Fisher was a defensive back and Corner Back Coach Dennard Wilson has had a great track record since he's been with the Rams and one would surmise that this coaching staff knows Corner Backs, not Quarterbacks, but definitely Corner Backs.

nighttrain

Legend
I'm with you.

It's fun to make a big splash, but the good teams have talent of their own to prioritize.

Brockers, Ogletree, Austin... Those guys need to be budgeted for soon.

Then you fill in around those pieces.

Rinse and repeat.
and this guy has the one thing you cannot teach, 4.37 speed
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Here's my 2 cents for what its worth being a old dumb blind shriveled up naked basement bunker dweller Ram GM.....The lost of Rod McLeod & JJ comes into play heavy in this decision as we all know.

The losses....Rod was the starting deep safety for three seasons plus he was the main back up to Nick-Back Joyner the last 2 seasons. So that one loss caused several roster vacancy spots. Then there's the loss of JJ, Rams starting CB for four seasons that created a 3rd roster spot vacancy. Results were 3 needs for starting deep safety, starting CB & a back up Nickle-back.

The additions....One yr vet CB EJ Gaines & new Ram 4 yr vet Coty Sensabaugh. Snead resigned free agent top reserve @ deep safety for the last 3 seasons with 43 NFL games under his belt Cody Davis. That FA sign added to the FS deep.

As we all know EJ Gaines return to the active roster after a serious injury & several post surgeries. Concerns :notsure: come with EJ Gaines due to this past injury event. Depending on EJ's returning health & conditioning will determine if he can fill the vacancy @ one corner post. IMO we will see Fisher easing EJ back into this secondary slowly with concerns directed towards the surgically repaired foot in attempt to totally avoid any setbacks. When healthy EJ has proven he can play well on the outside as a starter & in the Nickle.

Coty Sensabaugh has some excellent speed, good size 6 ft 190 pounds & will be the 2nd fasted DB after FS Cody Davis. Fact that Coty has 4yrs. exp. playing both outsides & the Nickle will sure come in handy in this now changing Ram secondary. Coty is ready to play now. Sure that he & Roberson will get a ton of early action in TC & PS on the outside next to Tru who might not need so much time playing in the off season. This signing of Coty helps with EJ situation & Tru remaining fresh & healthy for opening season. Finally having a experienced NFL nickle like Coty gives coaches Gregg Williams/Cecil Cook/ Dennard Wilson & Brandon Fisher a new vet DB who very well might be end up being our starting Nickle if Lamarcus Joyner proves to be the bright future star in the deep safety position that I believe he can if its a need. Coty does have over 4 inches on shorty Joyner. The final positive here & its a BIGGY with Coty is it should remove the need for a CB in this upcoming draft!:yess:

Since I mentioned the vacant deep safety post above for me this should be a great opening training camp show :popcorn:. Wide open from several directions. With two talented experienced SS's TJ/Mo both having the talent to start & shine in the secondary. Cody Davis, tough super smart & competitive CB Bryant & adding a true hatchet savage Lamarcus Joyner who loves to lay the hardwood to just about anyone & any body not wearing the RamHorns. I would love to have a front row seat for this fight :D.

Last edited:

RamBill

Legend

Coty Sensabaugh Rams deal worth up to $19 million, $6.5M gtd, $3.5M roster bonus 10th day of 2016 league year, salaries $1M, $4M, $4.5M

Coty Sensabaugh has $1M roster bonus third day of 2017 league year becomes fully guaranteed if on roster March 18, 2016

Coty Sensabaugh has annual $1.5 million interception, fumble recovery, playoffs, playtime incentive

RamBill

Legend
Details of the Contract from: http://overthecap.com/player/coty-sensabaugh/1703

Coty Sensabaugh signed a three year $14.5 million contract with the Rams on March 15, 2016. Sensabaugh received $5.5 million guaranteed upon signing. Sensabaugh can void the 2018 contract year.

Total Value: $17,000,000 (avg. $5,666,667/year; $5,500,000 fully guaranteed)
26th highest of 222 CB contracts

If the Rams cut him after one year they would have $1 million of dead money

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
How 'bout a little nothing nothing for your buddy Stu? :shades:

:burp: There will be no cash. But on your deathbed. When you die, you will receive TOTAL CONCIOUSNESS.

So I figure you got that going for you....which is nice.

RamBill

Legend
Breaking down Coty Sensabaugh's contract with Rams
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...king-down-coty-sensabaughs-contract-with-rams

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The Los Angeles Rams made cornerback Coty Sensabaugh their first free-agent signing from outside the organization on Monday, bringing him into the fold on a three-year deal.

Sensabaugh's new contract is worth just shy of $15 million but can go as high as $19 million with incentives. It includes $6.5 million guaranteed, with $5.5 million of that fully guaranteed at the time of signing.

Here's the complete breakdown of Sensabaugh's deal, with information courtesy of ESPN Stats & Info:

Base salary: $1 million (fully guaranteed)

Roster bonus: $3.5 million (fully guaranteed, paid on 10th day of league year)

Cap charge: $4.5 million

Cash: $4.5 million

Notes: Can earn up to $1.5 million in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives based on playing time, interceptions, fumble recoveries and playoff appearances.

Base salary: $4 million ($1 million guaranteed for injury only, becomes fully guaranteed on fifth day of league year)

Roster bonus: $1 million (fully guaranteed, paid on third day of 2017 league year)

Cap charge: $5 million

Cash: $5 million

Notes: Can earn up to $1.5 million in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives based on playing time, interceptions, fumble recoveries and playoff appearances.

Base salary: $4.5 million

Roster bonus: $500,000 (paid on fifth day of 2018 league year)

Cap charge: $5 million

Cash: $5 million

Notes: Final year can be voided based on playing time or takeaways from 2016 and 2017. Can earn up to $1.5 million in not-likely-to-be-earned incentives based on playing time, interceptions, fumble recoveries and playoff appearances.