Rams roster move

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@jthom1: Rams promoting LB Marshall McFadden to 53-man roster from practice squad to fill roster spot created by release of WR Austin Pettis.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Not the help at LB I was hoping for. Guy hasn't done anything in his third year now. 1 tackle 1 assist.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If anything, it may be a sign to Ogletree that they will be looking for better lb play.
I don't want Ogletree gone. I just want him to play with discipline. He looks lost at times. I know hes young.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Rams promoted LB Marshall McFadden from the practice squad.

He'll take the roster spot of Austin Pettis. McFadden has made five career appearances, four of which came with the Raiders last season.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I was hoping for something more. I'll have to check him out, hopefully he's good. Probably not the type to take over for our current garbage cast of LBs.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
More than likely it speaks to Dunbar's injury lingering. He has missed or been limited in practice the past 2 weeks. May have aggravated it more.

You promote from within or possibly move Bates into a more significant role on defense.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I was hoping they would promote Denicos Allen
Me too, I love Denicos Allen. Maybe they see something in McFadden, I just want better LB play and don't care if we have to bench JL or Ogletree to get it. If McFadden can play, put him in. Tree has been abysmal, basically anybody can play better.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I was hoping for something more. I'll have to check him out, hopefully he's good. Probably not the type to take over for our current garbage cast of LBs.
Not sure why you'd expect anything more at this time of year. Trades are very rare this time of year and hard to believe the Rams would give up anything that would get much in return. There isn't going to be much different available on the FA market right now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup, about what I'd expect. That means there are two PS spots open - I'd guess a WR will be one. Not necessarily a LB for the 2nd - maybe some available player that intrigues Snead and Fisher.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not sure why you'd expect anything more at this time of year. Trades are very rare this time of year and hard to believe the Rams would give up anything that would get much in return. There isn't going to be much different available on the FA market right now.

I wasn't expecting anything more, just hoping. I think we need a lot of LB help and not sure if McFadden can provide that.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doubt it will be Sam, though for many he'd be the sentimental favorite. Maybe another OL?

In the end, I suspect it will be a matter of which position is dinged up on the regular team

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Really?? this is what we thought we had to cut Pettis for? While I'll admit I know nothing about the guy I doubt hes gonna come in here and set the world on fire. wish they would have made a move for somebody that can actually contribute our LBs have been terrible.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Garbage? Really? Isn't that a bit harsh?

Talent wise, yeah, they definitely aren't garbage. But they definitely play like garbage, Ogletree's performance this season has been unforgivable, Laurinaitis is better but not by much, Dunbar hasn't been that great either. It's just awful how bad they play when we should have an elite LB corps and I want to see a change in play. We can't win games if our defense sucks, and they are screwing our defense over.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Really?? this is what we thought we had to cut Pettis for? While I'll admit I know nothing about the guy I doubt hes gonna come in here and set the world on fire. wish they would have made a move for somebody that can actually contribute our LBs have been terrible.
Again though...where are you going to find such a player at this point of the season?

Further, when has Pettis ever "set the world on fire"? JAG for JAG IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
More than likely it speaks to Dunbar's injury lingering. He has missed or been limited in practice the past 2 weeks. May have aggravated it more.

You promote from within or possibly move Bates into a more significant role on defense.
Wonder why Bates doesn't seem to be getting any love. He seemed to be right there with Ray Ray as far as talent and I thought he played a little more stout. But that of course was in very limited action. Is he just not improving?