Rams roster move

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul

Special Teams maybe? Ray Ray Armstrong was a major special teams contributor. Maybe they see Darren Bates getting more playing time, and need to find a way to fill his special teams role. Pettis didn't really do much on special teams, AFAIK. And we all saw on Sunday how much special teams can affect the outcome of a game.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Wonder why Bates doesn't seem to be getting any love. He seemed to be right there with Ray Ray as far as talent and I thought he played a little more stout. But that of course was in very limited action. Is he just not improving?
Actually he seemed to have had a much better training camp than Armstrong. He has been used primarily inside as Laurinaitis' backup, so it would be a stretch to see him outside.

But I think he progressed a whole lot more than his recently departed partner in crime.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Actually he seemed to have had a much better training camp than Armstrong. He has been used primarily inside as Laurinaitis' backup, so it would be a stretch to see him outside.

But I think he progressed a whole lot more than his recently departed partner in crime.
Good to know. Hadn't thought about that. Thanks.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If anything, it may be a sign to Ogletree that they will be looking for better lb play.
I don't want Ogletree gone. I just want him to play with discipline. He looks lost at times. I know hes young.

I still think some of that is Williams' overly complicated system.
Ogletree has the responsibility to play well and with discipline, but having a new and complicated system to learn isn't helping.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
NOOO, Denicos Allen! I'm sad. Don't know who those guys are.

Gotta trust in Fish though.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It could simply be that Fisher did in fact waive Pettis because he was late on Saturday (and last years suspension, etc.) paired with the fact that he is simply limited on talent made him decide it was time to make an example of him. Probably coach speak to say they needed the roster spot as a way to not ruin his rep for the other teams out there.

Pettis was a decent depth guy, but it isn't like he's going to go down in Rams lore as the one that got away.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I dont get the love for Denicos Allen. Have any of you actually seen the guy play in college? Just because he played for Michigan State doesn't mean he is good. He is undersized and was not a playmaker for that team. In fact that defense was/is so good because it is very well coached. They play like a well oiled machine with only a few stars on the squad. Allen was a bit player.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I said a while ago that I liked Bates better than Ray. Bates looked like he made progress and was actually learning to be a team player.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I still think some of that is Williams' overly complicated system.
Ogletree has the responsibility to play well and with discipline, but having a new and complicated system to learn isn't helping.

Unfortunately I dont think that Ogletree has the instincts. You either have it or you dont at LBer.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I see fixable technique issues with him, problem is, he hasn't been fixed yet, but he's very talented. Before giving up on him, I'd, at least, try a position move. And, man, he tackles WAY too high. He needs to play with better balance, with a lower center of gravity, and tackle LOW, not head hunt all the time.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here is some info on the 3 additions to PS.

An "AFC personnel man" told CSNPhilly's Geoff Mosher Eagles UDFA rookie WR Kadron Boone was "gonna make that team."
Boone did not make much of a mark at LSU playing behind Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr. and Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry, but Mosher's unnamed personnel man said Boone has the skill set to fill the vacant Jason Avant role in the Eagles offense. Mosher echoed the scout's claims, saying Boone has a "good chance" to make the Eagles' roster if he can quickly pick up Chip Kelly's offense. It may be a long-shot, but Boone will be a player to keep an eye on during training camp. May 17 - 12:03 PM
Source: CSN Philly

Titans promoted WR Devon Wylie from the practice squad.
The No. 107 overall pick of the 2012 draft, Wylie caught just six passes for the Chiefs last season, and was waived at final cuts in September. He'll bring up the rear of Tennessee's receiver corps, and could see some time on returns. Tue, Nov 12, 2013 02:14:00 PM
Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Korey Toomer (born December 9, 1988) is an American footballlinebacker for the Dallas Cowboysof the National Football League (NFL). He was selected in the fifth round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks. Toomer was among the Seahawks' last cuts due to shoulder injury in 2012[1] and was signed to the practice squad.[2] On August 27, 2013, he was placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. He was a part of the 2013 Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl team. In 2014,he was released and was signed by the Dallas Cowboys off waivers.[3]

Interesting group from a potential standpoint.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wylie I saw in college (Fresno St.), nicknamed wiggles....ST'er and was a nice lil player....Pretty sure he has close to 4.4 speed....Toomer I saw watching the Hawks a couple years ago ('12) AND I think he's one of those physical freaks too...great speed....not sure who Marshall McFadden is, S. Carolina St. but I'd assume he too can run a bit...about to google him, if I find something interseting I'll post it here....Trust the Snisher...

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I think we do need Lb help but we also have to remember that the defense is only 6 games in and 3 whole games considering T.O.P. into this season while learning a complicated defense.So while I do think that better depth is a must,I'm willing to wait a little longer into the year before proclaiming our Lb"s and this defense a bust.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Could Ogletree just need better conditioning? He looked gassed in the 2nd half.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Unfortunately I dont think that Ogletree has the instincts. You either have it or you don't at LBer.
I don't agree with this at all. In Williams' system, they are asking Ogletree to do much more than he was asked to do last year. He has assumed the SLB role this year, which calls for much more reading and reacting, as well as having to take on TEs at the point of attack much more than at WLB.

Add to that, his additional responsibility in the Nickel, and its like learning all over again. His issue isn't instincts, IMO, it has more to do with him still being at the point of thinking too much, and getting away from just letting his athleticism take over.