Rams Risers and Fallers: Raiders game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I reviewed the Joyner yellow flags .......just as I thought they were questionable @ best.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Why is Higbee the only Tight end being blamed for bad blocking? On the Mack sack it was BOTH Higbee and Everett. Hemingway got away with a clear hold on Mack when Everett made his big catch and run.

The whole department is a work in progress. McVay actually had high praise for the three mentioned above in today's presser.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The huge difference is our team discipline. Penalties are not 2 common.

Especially the offensive line !! Jamon Brown is underrated. He is still only 24 .
Sullivan & Whitworth bring so much to the table.

fearsomefour

Legend
Murphy was 2nd team RT this week with Williams moved to #2 LT. Williams played well for the most part. Probably a little undersized for LT, but possibly athletic enough to be a back up there.
I am pulling for Williams, but, have been for three years. Hoping the late preseason collapse doesn't happen again for Williams.
If it does they will have to sign another teams cut I would think.

fearsomefour

Legend
Especially the offensive line !! Jamon Brown is underrated. He is still only 24 .
Brown has been largely bad until Sunday.
Still have to see it sustained. His pass blocking has improved.
The Chargers pass rush should challenge the pass blocking a little more.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Why is Higbee the only Tight end being blamed for bad blocking? On the Mack sack it was BOTH Higbee and Everett. Hemingway got away with a clear hold on Mack when Everett made his big catch and run.

The whole department is a work in progress. McVay actually had high praise for the three mentioned above in today's presser.

I think nearly every team complains about the blocking ability of their TE. I guess it's really rare to find one who can run routes and catch, as well as block.

(Btw Everett really does look Reid-like to me, especially in YAC.)

fearsomefour

Legend
Certainly agree about the two vets.
Whitworth is largely shut down mode at LT.
Being able to not worry about the QBs blind side is nice for a change.
I said Goff looked a lot better in the pocket vs Oakland....but, there was actually a pocket for once.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brown has been largely bad until Sunday.
Still have to see it sustained. His pass blocking has improved.
The Chargers pass rush should challenge the pass blocking a little more.

Well I think he has knowledge of the Chargers defense. It seemed like he didn't do to bad against them. He is stepping up his game. You have to remember he has just been moved back inside to guard. I also think the film work some did with Jamon Brown was not as accurate as it might have seemed.

I like his discipline though on the line. Does not make dumb penalties & mistakes. He definitely needs to clean up his game . Kromer & McVay seemed to get into him a little bit more. Maybe they lite a fire .
Big Rob has had as tough time imo.
Either way the change from OT or OG
or vice versa will only make them better. The more plays & positions you know the better. Just makes job assignments easier knowing how it is done .

fearsomefour

Legend
Well I think he has knowledge of the Chargers defense. It seemed like he didn't do to bad against them. He is stepping up his game. You have to remember he has just been moved back inside to guard. I also think the film work some did with Jamon Brown was not as accurate as it might have seemed.

I like his discipline though on the line. Does not make dumb penalties & mistakes. He definitely needs to clean up his game . Kromer & McVay seemed to get into him a little bit more. Maybe they lite a fire .
Big Rob has had as tough time imo.
Either way the change from OT or OG
or vice versa will only make them better. The more plays & positions you know the better. Just makes job assignments easier knowing how it is done .
What do you mean the film work?
Evaluating Brown?
Saturday was the first time he looked like he could play in the NFL.
Better coaches, better matched to the scheme....various reason why he may be playing better. Hopefully he can sustain it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What do you mean the film work?
Evaluating Brown?
Saturday was the first time he looked like he could play in the NFL.
Better coaches, better matched to the scheme....various reason why he may be playing better. Hopefully he can sustain it.

Like I said last week, I call BS on Brown not playing well. He messed up on the first play run last week, other than that did not play bad. Ram fans put his play to much on a microscope .

He needed to show more aggressiveness for sure this week , which he did. That has just been my opinion.I went to the Charger scrimmages & some training camp.I know I'm in the Minority of it.

RamWoodie

Legend
Tell ya what...when they get Watkins, TA, and Kupp out there at the same time, along with Everrett, it's gonna be interesting to see.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I couldn't hear any of the in-game announcements where I was sitting. The Oakland Coliseum is a gigantic echo chamber with a horrible sound system.
I saw The Who at the coliseum back in the '80s. I thought I smoked too much pot that day. It was just the sound system. Whew.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Reviewed the entire 1st team OL play from last Saturday...Sullivan was by far the most active & most efficient Ram OL'er of the starters. Saffold was very close to John Sullivan. Then Whitworth & Brown with Havenstien a little bit behind the rest. Rob Havenstien had to deal with edge rusher all pro Mack much more too.

I know its only mid way point in pre season, however it appears that @den-the-coach is looking strong in his prognosis when we signed UFA John Sullivan (very cheaply too). I hope John finally has a healthy season because he stands the chance to be our best center since the Andy McCollum /Martz yrs & could end up with first Pro Bowler @ center since the Doug Smith years if he follows up in regular season playing like he played last Saturday.

I tend to think that Jamon Browns first half performance @ RG last Saturday was his best since his rookie season when he was starting @ LG. So @So Ram I agree with you on last Saturday' game.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Like I said last week, I call BS on Brown not playing well. He messed up on the first play run last week, other than that did not play bad. Ram fans put his play to much on a microscope .

He needed to show more aggressiveness for sure this week , which he did. That has just been my opinion.I went to the Charger scrimmages & some training camp.I know I'm in the Minority of it.

this happens a lot with fans they seem to forget that our players are going up against guys that get payed just as much to rush our QB. all players get beat you cant stop everything or everyone no such OL out there.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
this happens a lot with fans they seem to forget that our players are going up against guys that get payed just as much to rush our QB. all players get beat you cant stop everything or everyone no such OL out there.

It was good to see a better effort from Jamon Brown. He needs to keep his intensity level up. He does play a little soft . -- He was a riser !!

Thomas was a riser. He got that key first down , & what a great job by Travis Wilson recovering the fumble.
I walked out of training camp with a old coach of his in HS. Cool inside there. Sam Donald(USC) both played QB(SC) at San Clemente HS .His mom was also this coaches teacher growing up.Just like the way he competes & is still living out his dream. --Kromer works hard with the TE's with there blocking as well.

Blake Countess is solid
Bryce Hager is solid & played well.
Harkey once again is right there on the bubble.
Petterson is getting his special team reps. A solid tackler for a CB

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Backup OL leaves a lot to be desired. I expect the Rams to sign another O-lineman after cutdowns to 53.

fearsomefour

Legend

I mean over all, going back to his rookie year, he has never played well. He was terrible most of his time his rookie year before his injury. Saturday was his game from his draft day until now, hopefully just the start of things for him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That Amari Cooper catch just shows how special he really is:bow:.

If Marqui can learn to wrap up :whistle:we might have found a keeper @ reserve Strong Safety!

IMO.....NRC should Not be utilized as the Nickel but remain as our top reserve @ the two outside CB posts.I would strongly suggest that consideration be given to Blake Countess earning the Nickel position & John Johnson gets a strong look @ the back up Nickel assignment in 2017. Thus leaving Wade to settle on Mo's & Joyner's main 3rd safety back up between Marqui Christian/ Cody Davis/ Isaiah Johnson.

Note: There's always Mark Barron's availability to plug in @ Strong Safety in an emergency. From what I saw from both Josh Forrest & Cory Littleton who was playing for Barron....not a problem there.

MC over Mo or Davies is not happening, but I'll reserve that right tonight for a lot better answer.

That catch was a nice play. There is a lot of Comp , & yes players wanting to make the squad have to really step up.