Rams Request Permission to Speak to Chud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
51aGF85MhmL.jpg

freak yeah!

I didn't read to the end of this thread before posting........GMTA.........I never saw the movie but remember when in came out in the 80's.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
First time I've heard his named mentioned, but Greg Olson has been my favorite offensive coordinator with the Rams since Mike Martz.
I'm trying to recall when Greg was here? Can you fill me in on the details. My memory is shot.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Just sayin that hiring CHUD won't fix the offense. Drafting premium Oline and a QB to challenge Sam THIS year, will go a long way toward that....

This^^

Otherwise, it will be another long season unless we find a guy who can teach washed-up FA's to block

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wouldn't say that he's done too poorly either all things considered.

He really has never been given a fair opportunity seems to always find himself coordinating challenging teams....I'm mean seriously...Lions, Rams, Bucs, Jags & Raiders? Could it truly be any worse? He's to football teams what Robert Lincoln was to Presidents!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
ummm..will Chud make Shaun Hill throw better passes? Don't have anything against CHUD, but we need a real answer at QB..or at least a potential answer, that is reliable. One that doesn't get injured early in the year, where we are depending on a Back Up QB, to do the impossible.

Chudzinski is known for being a coach that utilizes and maximizes the talent that he has, instead of running a system that needs particular pieces. He supposedly can evaluate talents and abilities and work them into the offense........successfully.

This is what we have been asking of Schottenheimer for a few years, especially when it comes to Tavon Austin.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Chudzinski is known for being a coach that utilizes and maximizes the talent that he has, instead of running a system that needs particular pieces. He supposedly can evaluate talents and abilities and work them into the offense........successfully.

This is what we have been asking of Schottenheimer for a few years, especially when it comes to Tavon Austin.
That is how, I'd describe him. He's not, necessarily conventional, but he intrigues me as an OC only.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm trying to recall when Greg was here? Can you fill me in on the details. My memory is shot.

2006 Rams. Steven Jackson's best season & the Rams finished 10th overall in scoring.

Followed by 2007
Rams remove Olson as offensive coordinator, fire Boudreau
Updated: January 7, 2008, 8:44 PM ET
Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams removed Greg Olson as offensive coordinator and fired offensive line coach Paul Boudreau on Monday, a little more than a week after a 3-13 season in which the offense ranked near the bottom of the league in several categories.

Rams spokesman Rick Smith said that Olson could be reassigned to another position with the Rams, but is also free to look for another job. He confirmed Boudreau's firing, but declined to elaborate. Smith also declined comment on reports that Cam Cameron, fired as head coach at Miami after the Dolphins finished 1-15 in his only season there, was among the candidates being considered as Olson's replacement.

The Rams were considered by some to be a playoff contender prior to the season. But the Rams ranked 24th in total offense (297.5 yards), 28th in points (16.4) and 27th in touchdowns (27).

The Rams were hit hard by injuries from the outset, losing perennial Pro Bowl tackleOrlando Pace for the season in the second quarter of the season-opener against Carolina. Several other offensive line starters missed games, forcing the coaches to mix in free agents and practice squad players.

Other key offensive players missed significant time as well. Running back Steven Jacksonmissed four games and part of a fifth with groin and back injuries. Quarterback Marc Bulgermissed four games with rib injuries and was sacked 37 times (Rams quarterbacks were sacked 48 times overall). His passer rating of 70.3 was a career low.

The result was an 0-8 start en route to the worst record since the franchise moved to St. Louis prior to the 1995 season. Coach Scott Linehan took over play-calling duties after the fourth game, but things didn't get better.

In fact, Jackson and Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt both had sideline tirades, apparently over play-calling decisions. In another incident, a TV camera caught Bulger rolling his eyes after speaking with Linehan.

Rams president John Shaw has said Linehan's job is safe. In two seasons in St. Louis, Linehan is 11-21.

Both Olson and Boudreau came to St. Louis with Linehan. In 2006, the Rams ranked sixth in total offense (360.4 yards) and 10th in points (22.9).

Cameron was among the finalists when Linehan was selected as Mike Martz's replacement prior to the 2006 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3185145

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2006 Rams. Steven Jackson's best season & the Rams finished 10th overall in scoring.

Followed by 2007
Rams remove Olson as offensive coordinator, fire Boudreau
Updated: January 7, 2008, 8:44 PM ET
Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams removed Greg Olson as offensive coordinator and fired offensive line coach Paul Boudreau on Monday, a little more than a week after a 3-13 season in which the offense ranked near the bottom of the league in several categories.

Rams spokesman Rick Smith said that Olson could be reassigned to another position with the Rams, but is also free to look for another job. He confirmed Boudreau's firing, but declined to elaborate. Smith also declined comment on reports that Cam Cameron, fired as head coach at Miami after the Dolphins finished 1-15 in his only season there, was among the candidates being considered as Olson's replacement.

The Rams were considered by some to be a playoff contender prior to the season. But the Rams ranked 24th in total offense (297.5 yards), 28th in points (16.4) and 27th in touchdowns (27).

The Rams were hit hard by injuries from the outset, losing perennial Pro Bowl tackleOrlando Pace for the season in the second quarter of the season-opener against Carolina. Several other offensive line starters missed games, forcing the coaches to mix in free agents and practice squad players.

Other key offensive players missed significant time as well. Running back Steven Jacksonmissed four games and part of a fifth with groin and back injuries. Quarterback Marc Bulgermissed four games with rib injuries and was sacked 37 times (Rams quarterbacks were sacked 48 times overall). His passer rating of 70.3 was a career low.

The result was an 0-8 start en route to the worst record since the franchise moved to St. Louis prior to the 1995 season. Coach Scott Linehan took over play-calling duties after the fourth game, but things didn't get better.

In fact, Jackson and Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt both had sideline tirades, apparently over play-calling decisions. In another incident, a TV camera caught Bulger rolling his eyes after speaking with Linehan.

Rams president John Shaw has said Linehan's job is safe. In two seasons in St. Louis, Linehan is 11-21.

Both Olson and Boudreau came to St. Louis with Linehan. In 2006, the Rams ranked sixth in total offense (360.4 yards) and 10th in points (22.9).

Cameron was among the finalists when Linehan was selected as Mike Martz's replacement prior to the 2006 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3185145

Linehan was a mega douche.
PFT reports that, earlier this season, Holt and teammate Isaac Bruce tried helping Linehan's sorry butt by giving their ideas for beating the Seattle Seahawks' DBs. Linehan's alleged response? "You play, I'll coach."

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Chud was only an offensive assistant there, not an OC. Didn't call plays, didn't design the offense. Don't think you can pin the Colts failings on him.

In that case, he should not get credit for their good efforts...Don't think one flies without the other...Having said that, I don't know squat about him and lots of guys seem to like him, so I'll trust the thoughts of those who are far more studied about him than I...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
In that case, he should not get credit for their good efforts...Don't think one flies without the other...Having said that, I don't know squat about him and lots of guys seem to like him, so I'll trust the thoughts of those who are far more studied about him than I...

I don't read much into what the Colts did last year vis a vis Chud. But he was excellent as the Browns OC a few years back and really excellent with Carolina in Cam Newton's rookie season. As Ricky Proehl described him, "Martz without the drama."

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
So, where is Chud now? Anyone know his schedule for interviewing this wk?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So, where is Chud now? Anyone know his schedule for interviewing this wk?

Hopefully in St. Louis ... with Fish opening the checkbook for him, since Stan gives him a lot of leeway to pay his assistants well.