Rams Request Permission to Speak to Chud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
What did those offenses do? Because Cleveland has sucked forever.
probably best known a TE guru..he coached : Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey, and Kellen Winslow II in college, and Winslow and Shockey and Gates in the pros.
OC of Browns in 2007 (1 year only) - O ranked 8th (was replaced due to HC change to team)
OC of Panthers in 2011 - O ranked 7th (note that I did not find the 2010 ranking, but I believe it was very low - also note the was Cams rookie year)
OC of Panthers in 2012 - O ranked 12th
HC of Browns 2013 - team was 4-12, O was 17th.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thanks for the clear up @den-the-coach - in your opinion, would he be a good pickup??

I have to be honest don't know much about the guy personally, will do some research, but i guess Luck + Bradford aren't a million miles apart in styles either...

Yes sir I like many have felt from the outset that Chud should be the number one choice. Runs the Air Coryell system and has a solid track record as a play caller.

However, everyone needs to keep in mind that Brian Hoyer was playing very well in Chud's system before his injury in 2013 that cost him the rest of the season that year just throwing that out there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
ummm..will Chud make Shaun Hill throw better passes? Don't have anything against CHUD, but we need a real answer at QB..or at least a potential answer, that is reliable. One that doesn't get injured early in the year, where we are depending on a Back Up QB, to do the impossible.

Seems to me the list the Rams have favor desire to improve the passing game. It also includes options that come with change of system.

So I think QB addition is a given. The OC will be a part of that decision, too, it's not something that would preclude his hiring.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm thinking more of Van Pelt. Chud doesn't have me convinced. The Colts didn't play well against elite Teams during the regular season, and got wiped-out by the Pats! JMHO

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Damn, sounds better than the Van Pelt dude....Wonder what's taking so long to interview these guys...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Seems to me the list the Rams have favor desire to improve the passing game. It also includes options that come with change of system.

So I think QB addition is a given. The OC will be a part of that decision, too, it's not something that would preclude his hiring.
Lets start with O-Line talent....maybe one more target....and the main ingredient, a serious QB....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Damn, sounds better than the Van Pelt dude....Wonder what's taking so long to interview these guys...
Well, Chud and the GB assistant were not unavailable until today. I suspect they will make an offer this week...IMO to Chud.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
This would get the off-season started off with a bang! It might take some of the sting out of being forced to watch my two least favorite teams playing in the Superbowl.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm thinking more of Van Pelt. Chud doesn't have me convinced. The Colts didn't play well against elite Teams during the regular season, and got wiped-out by the Pats! JMHO

Chud was only an offensive assistant there, not an OC. Didn't call plays, didn't design the offense. Don't think you can pin the Colts failings on him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Nothing will remove the sting or stench of this Super Bowl...

It will linger like the trauma of a ruined wedding or missing the birth of a child...

Oh, the humanity...

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
ummm..will Chud make Shaun Hill throw better passes? Don't have anything against CHUD, but we need a real answer at QB..or at least a potential answer, that is reliable. One that doesn't get injured early in the year, where we are depending on a Back Up QB, to do the impossible.
So offensive coordinator be damned just leave it vacant till Joe Montana finds the fountain of youth?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Looking at the offenses Chud coached, I'm impressed the most that he was able to maintain consistency across multiple teams and situations. He obviously knows what he is doing.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I kind of figured he'd get more head coach consideration this offseason.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Won't matter who the OC is if we don't improve the line and QB situation. So whoever we hire won't get me excited till free agency and the draft.

I really Bradford as our guy but I have doubts he can play a whole season. We need a better plan B. Someone with an arm that can hit Britt in stride instead of him having to wait for it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I kind of figured he'd get more head coach consideration this offseason.

Tough for a Coach with only one season and at 4-12 to get another shot for a while albeit in the circus now known as Cleveland. Chud will have to have a few years of success to get another opportunity and sometimes that never comes.

Al Saunders is an excellent example had done some great work as a position and his first opportunity as an OC with the Chiefs and 17-22 with the Charges at a young age and never received another opportunity.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So offensive coordinator be damned just leave it vacant till Joe Montana finds the fountain of youth?
Not really...Just sayin that hiring CHUD won't fix the offense. Drafting premium Oline and a QB to challenge Sam THIS year, will go a long way toward that....Just changing OC's, with the inherent problems on offense, is like replacing Capt Smith after the Titanic smashed into an iceberg. Leadership changes wouldn't affect the number of lifeboats that night...

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I quite like the name Chud and for that reason I'm IN.