Rams Request Permission to Speak to Chud

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
YES! I'm glad the organization is thinking the same way I am. I would be stoked if we ended up with Chud.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Someone enlighten me on this guy. Why is he a good fit? Has he been an OC before?

jap

Legend
The Horns are gonna be Fast & Furious!, Baby!!!---on offense, defense, and special teams! :coach::lifting::rockon:

iced

What did those offenses do? Because Cleveland has sucked forever.

That was Josh gordon's big season...

turned panthers offense into a top 10 one in their first season W/ Newton (which his was rookie year)...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ummm..will Chud make Shaun Hill throw better passes? Don't have anything against CHUD, but we need a real answer at QB..or at least a potential answer, that is reliable. One that doesn't get injured early in the year, where we are depending on a Back Up QB, to do the impossible.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thank-God-small.jpg

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I keep seeing these "request permission" threads, but no word if an interview was actually done. What's the deal?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams ask Colts permission to interview Rob Chudzinski
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 19, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
chud.jpg

Now that the Colts Offense went flat at the wrong time, their assistants have the opportunity to look around.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Rams have requested permission to interview special assistant Rob Chudzinski for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

Chudzinski has worked as a consultant with the Colts since being fired after one year as the Browns head coach, but had previously served as a coordinator in Cleveland and Carolina.

He’s been “all over the building” for the Colts this year, even with Pep Hamilton calling the plays. It will be curious to see if the Colts allow permission, or if they try to hang onto him as they try to get tougher as a team this offseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...colts-permission-to-interview-rob-chudzinski/

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
Follow

Rapoport has also reported that Green Bay Packers quarterback coach Alex Van Pelt is also in the mix for the position:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-latest-rumors-speculation-on-vacant-position

The Rams are looking for a new offensive coordinator after Brian Schottenheimer left his post to take the same position at the University of Georgia. Schottenheimer was Fisher's offensive coordinator for his first three seasons in St. Louis but struggled to develop a consistent offense.

Former Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and former Billsoffensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett are also candidates for the position, per ESPN's Adam Schefter and Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Rapoport has indicated Gase, who was a head-coaching candidate at multiple vacancies, is more likely to land in Baltimore orJacksonville.

The Rams finished 27th in Football Outsiders' offensive DVOA rankings this season.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the clear up @den-the-coach - in your opinion, would he be a good pickup??

I have to be honest don't know much about the guy personally, will do some research, but i guess Luck + Bradford aren't a million miles apart in styles either...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ummm..will Chud make Shaun Hill throw better passes? Don't have anything against CHUD, but we need a real answer at QB..or at least a potential answer, that is reliable. One that doesn't get injured early in the year, where we are depending on a Back Up QB, to do the impossible.
One step at a time man lol