Rams Request Permission to interview Gase

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It would be nice, but I'm more interested to see who is in play for the Denver Head Coaching job and will determine where Adam Gase ends up. IMO, in the end, it will be either Kyle Shanahan or they will promote from within and it will be TE Coach Rob Boras.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well, he won't be in SF, so who knows...I'm a little surprised that the 9ers went with their def line coach as the head coach..Just seems a bit of an odd choice to me...With their offensive struggles last year, I thought they would go with a bit more of an offensive-minded guy...I thought their defense was pretty much set...
I think this situation is hilarious, They pass-over the DC, Promote the DLC to HC, and the DC quits over it, LOVE IT!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Yep, Gase in as OC, we sign P. Manning on a 1 year 'golden handshake' contract, following year Sammy B is back to full strength, has sat behind Manning for a season, and digested the playbook - what's not to love ;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be nice, but I'm more interested to see who is in play for the Denver Head Coaching job and will determine where Adam Gase ends up. IMO, in the end, it will be either Kyle Shanahan or they will promote from within and it will be TE Coach Rob Boras.
Heard on ESPN this morning that Kibiak is the best fit in DEN. They listed a myriad of reasons... being very close to Elway near the top.

Still holding out hope for Chud.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not that we didn't know there would be competition for his services but ......

@AnthonyDiMoro: #Falcons will request to interview Adam Gase for their offensive coordinator vacancy, per NFL Network

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not that we didn't know there would be competition for his services but ......

@AnthonyDiMoro: #Falcons will request to interview Adam Gase for their offensive coordinator vacancy, per NFL Network

If Gase is smart he would choose Atlanta. He could do a lot with their offensive talent.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If Gase is smart he would choose Atlanta. He could do a lot with their offensive talent.

Unfortunately, I have to agree! Matt Ryan vs ??? I think most OC's would probably(!) take Ryan! The only way I see the Rams getting Case is money!

I put ??? because I think there is so much uncertainty with Bradford (Health, Contract issues, etc) right now but hopefully everything will work out for
Bradford and the Rams!

cracengl

Rookie
And this makes sense how? Looking at Roman and Shanny with Boras name out there, they are clearly looking at a run-centric offense. Whats the point of Gase? Are they that uncommited to a style of offense based on their personnel? All I can hope for is that this means Chud would still be in play once Indy is out of the playoffs

Why not kick the tires? I have preferences for all things I do, but that doesn't stop me from researching all of my options. Sometimes you pick up on something you hadn't considered before. I mean, if it's prolonging the search and some of the guys you'd ultimately hired get jobs elsewhere, then that's a problem. But it seems that the available candidates are all still in play.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well Chud will likely be available on Monday. But wouldn't the Rams have requested to interview him by now if they were interested?

I am very intrigued by Gase. Would very much like to see some kind of schedule for both him and Shanahan as to them coming in to do the interviews with Fish. Starting to worry me that nobody as actually been interviewed yet, even considering Fish's well known patience in doing hires.

Speeps

Starter
As much as I love Gase, and he comes highly recommended by Martz (Who is one of my favorite coaches of all time), I dont know if this is a long term solution. We need consistency here, not another Tim Walton situation.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Well Chud will likely be available on Monday. But wouldn't the Rams have requested to interview him by now if they were interested?

I am very intrigued by Gase. Would very much like to see some kind of schedule for both him and Shanahan as to them coming in to do the interviews with Fish. Starting to worry me that nobody as actually been interviewed yet, even considering Fish's well known patience in doing hires.

I think Snead and Fisher are somewhere in the Caribbean sipping on rum punch and chasing ass right about now. thats way more important than interviewing OCs

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Offer him a boatload of money to coach here! With the players the rams have on offense and Bradford back in there he could put together a very nice offense.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Heard on ESPN this morning that Kibiak is the best fit in DEN. They listed a myriad of reasons... being very close to Elway near the top.

Still holding out hope for Chud.

True, however, Kubiak came out and stated before the Fox parting of the ways that he was staying on as Ravens OC maybe the Denver opening will change his mind I guess we will see.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm not sold on Gase. I still think Shanahan would fit our personnel better. He did a really good job with RG3 and worked wonders with Morris, who hasn't been the same since Shanahan left. Actually neither her nor RG3 have been the same.

I think if we hire the TE coach to be our OC, it will give us the epitome of a Jeff Fisher offense.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I think Snead and Fisher are somewhere in the Caribbean sipping on rum punch and chasing ass right about now. thats way more important than interviewing OCs
I'm really not sure how or why you've come up with this. I'm positive they are doing their due diligence to get who they believe the right guy is