Rams Request Permission to interview Gase

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Gase would be a poor fit for us. In Denver they run a lot of pick route. The refs do not call pass interference on them. If he called those same plays here we would be flagged on every play.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
With the news that Kubiak will interview for the Broncos HC job I'd say the chances of hiring Gase increased
I really don't know enough about the various candidates, to answer who the best OC candidate is. So, is Gase the clear consensus on ROD?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really don't know enough about the various candidates, to answer who the best OC candidate is. So, is Gase the clear consensus on ROD?

I do think he would be a strong hire. Creative offensive mind who would likely bring instant returns to the Rams on their receiving talent. Which is crucial to this org for scoring more points.

My hopes right now are him, Shanny Sr or Jr, or Chud. If one of those 3 I think the Rams are in business.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Rumors are that Kubiak has the job.
If they offer it he'll take it ,he was a candidate for numerous jobs before he took the Houston job or more accurately he was contacted and declined interviews. IMO he was THEN waiting for the Broncos job and again this time he declined other interviews but when the Broncos called he reversed course.
I think he's a damned good coach got a raw deal from the Texans and if he and Elway can't work together I doubt they can work with anyone.

Now the question becomes who do they want at OC Kyle Shanahan or Gase,I think it's Shanny jr. so we might end up with Gase

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did the Rams ever interview Gase? Last article I saw was merely that they requested permission.
On a side note, why no interst in Trestman?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Did the Rams ever interview Gase? Last article I saw was merely that they requested permission.
On a side note, why no interst in Trestman?

Actually at present we don't know if they've interviewed anybody.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And if the Post Dispatch wasn't such a bunch of contrarian azhats they would know and we would too.

IMO the PD has an ax to grind because of the move and they are making that personal, it has been quite obvious, but that should not undercut their ability to report on the team. Oh well, most of us have a better idea what direction the Rams will go in then the cast of castoffs associated with the Post Dispatch.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Head Line if the Rams Hire Adam Gase:

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GASE, NO TREBLE."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IMO the PD has an ax to grind because of the move and they are making that personal, it has been quite obvious, but that should not undercut their ability to report on the team. Oh well, most of us have a better idea what direction the Rams will go in then the cast of castoffs associated with the Post Dispatch.

I think it goes deeper than that, IMO the PD being the "newspaper of record" in St. Louis has instilled a hubris in them that manifests itself in outright arrogance.
If the Rams do eventually move it will be the second time the St. Louis press were instrumental in losing that city an NFL franchise ,with his money and ability to mask idntity, Stan aught to buy that ragsheet and get himself some decent publicity

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they offer it he'll take it ,he was a candidate for numerous jobs before he took the Houston job or more accurately he was contacted and declined interviews. IMO he was THEN waiting for the Broncos job and again this time he declined other interviews but when the Broncos called he reversed course.
I think he's a damned good coach got a raw deal from the Texans and if he and Elway can't work together I doubt they can work with anyone.

Now the question becomes who do they want at OC Kyle Shanahan or Gase,I think it's Shanny jr. so we might end up with Gase

Rick Dennison is the rumor circulating.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rick Dennison is the rumor circulating.

Yes the dominoes will fall quickly, Kubiak named Head Coach of the Broncos, Dennison joins him as offensive coordinator and Kyle Shanahan named Raven OC because John Harbaugh was very impressed with him last year during his interview.

That's leaves the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Falcons & Rams. Trestman, Chudzinski & Gase should land positions in three, if the Colts don't move on and they grant permission.

So round and round she goes where she stops? Nobody knows!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You should really get off his gase

:fighting:
image.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shanny named OC in Atlanta for HC in waiting Quinn. Dennison to Denver.
Gase is still out there.
Imagine if he were the OC for us? And after a beatdown of the 49ers, would the fans say "Man I hate Gase"? Could get themselves in some trouble ;-)

tahoe

Pro Bowler
If I were Gase id much rather coach the rams than the jags or browns. The rams still have a few options (Gase, Chud, and Trestman) but if they wait too much longer they will be gone.