Rams Request Permission to interview Gase

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Interesting. I think Gase would do a much better job of getting Tavon involved and utilized in ways that fit his skillset, and really that goes for all our receivers including Cook. Peyton Manning speaks extremely highly of him. He's the opposite of what Fisher typically wants at OC however, and there are some concerns about how much of that offense was really him. Not sure how I feel.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And this makes sense how? Looking at Roman and Shanny with Boras name out there, they are clearly looking at a run-centric offense. Whats the point of Gase? Are they that uncommited to a style of offense based on their personnel? All I can hope for is that this means Chud would still be in play once Indy is out of the playoffs

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's suprising, to say the least. He doesn't really run a fisher type offense, but it's nice to see that he'll be given a look. Maybe Fisher is hitting the Vermeil wall, and willing to branch out into something a little different.

RamBill

Legend
Rams want to talk to Adam Gase for coordinator job
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 15, 2015, 6:13 AM EST

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/15/rams-want-to-talk-to-adam-gase-for-coordinator-job/

He was up for some head coaching jobs, but Adam Gase might be the hottest property in the coordinator market soon.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Rams have requested permission to talk to the former Broncos offensive coordinator for their vacant play-calling job.

The Rams let Brian Schottenheimer walk out the door for the University of Georgia, and could obviously use an upgrade there.

The job would present a challenge, whether it’s with Sam Bradford or whichever quarterback they bring in this offseason.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
It's suprising, to say the least. He doesn't really run a fisher type offense, but it's nice to see that he'll be given a look. Maybe Fisher is hitting the Vermeil wall, and willing to branch out into something a little different.

I'm really hoping this is the case. Maybe Sneads been in his ear saying man we've got a lot of speed and talent on this offense wasting away because we keep trying to make this a ground and pound team in the age of passing. All the new rules make the passing game harder to defend than ever before its time for fisher to back away from the offense and hand the keys over to someone that knows what there doing in this day and age. Of course none of this works without a healthy Bradford or a really good plan B at QB.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I get the feeling that Gase will be coaching in Denver again next year. Either in the HC or OC position.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I get the feeling that Gase will be coaching in Denver again next year. Either in the HC or OC position.

Well, he won't be in SF, so who knows...I'm a little surprised that the 9ers went with their def line coach as the head coach..Just seems a bit of an odd choice to me...With their offensive struggles last year, I thought they would go with a bit more of an offensive-minded guy...I thought their defense was pretty much set...

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well, he won't be in SF, so who knows...I'm a little surprised that the 9ers went with their def line coach as the head coach..Just seems a bit of an odd choice to me...With their offensive struggles last year, I thought they would go with a bit more of an offensive-minded guy...I thought their defense was pretty much set...

Yeah, hopefully the whiner front office fucked everything up by promoting their "yes man". I've seen whiner fans refer to Tomsula as just a Yes Man and ass kisser of the FO.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

He's a 49er's man. He's endured the tenures of like 3 coaching staffs now. I also can't help but think that the front office wants a guy that they can control in that position.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yeah, hopefully the whiner front office fucked everything up by promoting their "yes man". I've seen whiner fans refer to Tomsula as just a Yes Man and ass kisser of the FO.

He's a 49er's man. He's endured the tenures of like 3 coaching staffs now. I also can't help but think that the front office wants a guy that they can control in that position.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Yeah, the Yorks are kind of weird...Best thing that could happen to the whiners is if DeBartolo could get the team back...His personal choices cost him his team, but he was a real good owner for them aside from that..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact that Fish wants to interview Gase demonstrates that he is not as conservative minded as he is often thought to be. If somehow the Rams hire him, and if he is as good as Peyton Manning seems to think he is... Rams would be in business.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like this idea ^, But I'm, more than, a little concerned, after the last OC we got from Denver!!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He is certainly a hot name right now - and as others have mentioned - it's nice to see the Rams take a broad look around.

It would also be nice to grab a guy who may feel like he was snubbed by one of our division rivals.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll stay cautiously optimistic on the hire and the potential. I remember bragging to my dad a full offseason when mcdaniels was brought in.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know people always seem to wall Fisher in as a run first coach but his teams has always been more about balance and most of the times his teams pass more than they run. He never drafted a lineman in the first round, well he did and he also showed that he wouldn't mind a open spread passing attack at the time the players and schotty wasn't equip to handle it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think the Yorks have read John Shaw's book " How to Ruin an NFL Dynasty"