Rams reportedly gave Paul Mcroberts a $10,000 dollar bonus to sign him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Six will make the final 53 and IMO McRoberts will be one of them and Quick will not be.

1. Tavon Austin
  2. Kenny Britt
  3. Pharoh Cooper
  4. Michael Thomas
  5. Marquez North
  6. Paul McRoberts

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely rooting for him, hope we can slide him on our PS. I think Spruce and North are the two UDFA receivers to make the team.
Price is going to have hard time making team IMO. We already have cooper in slot. Also Higbee will be in slot a lot. I think its North and Mcroberts that make it. Especially with that big signing bonus

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think the signing bonus is an indicator that McRoberts has an advantage over anyone else.

All it means is they are intrigued by him as a player and apparently there was competition to sign him as an UDFA.

He went undrafted, so he's a long shot like the rest of them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he goes on the PS, hopefully other teams don't claim him.
There's fans of 32 teams saying that about current players on their team.
There will be plenty of competition for roster spots when teams make final cuts. A WR who's #8 on Rams depth chart will likely not be high on the wish list.
Unless he does something spectacular in pre-season

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And... if he does that; he makes the active roster.
s3_proxy

RamzFanz

Damnit
This ^ Sounds like maybe the wife was looking over your shoulder when you where typing your comment!! :whistle:(y):rolllaugh:

No, but she WAS over my shoulder when I pulled this up and demanded to know what you were talking about!

Oops, mis-clicked, damn, where was I.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Price is going to have hard time making team IMO. We already have cooper in slot. Also Higbee will be in slot a lot. I think its North and Mcroberts that make it. Especially with that big signing bonus

Big signing bonus? Alot of nfl players wouldn't get out of bed if they were paying them that amount per day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Big signing bonus? Alot of nfl players wouldn't get out of bed if they were paying them that amount per day.

Big for an UDFA to sign with the team. I believe the UDFA pool for sign on bonuses is 80,000 this year. So the Rams had to divide that by 19 players. Some got more and some got less.

If they make the team they will get the NFL minimum salary. which is around 500K

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Six will make the final 53 and IMO McRoberts will be one of them and Quick will not be.

1. Tavon Austin
  2. Kenny Britt
  3. Pharoh Cooper
  4. Michael Thomas
  5. Marquez North
  6. Paul McRoberts

I like it. What about special teams? I could see Cooper playing and TA returning punts. But otherwise, I'm not sure.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like it. What about special teams? I could see Cooper playing and TA returning punts. But otherwise, I'm not sure.

Good point, IMO, whoever is the best special team player will be active on game day either McRoberts or North.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So no Bradley Marquez?

I don't think he makes the team, IMO,not much of a WR, but a very good special team player (gunner) however, I believe there is too much talent now for Marquez to make the squad.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
some bold predictions @den-the-coach but I can't really argue too much.......though if Quick is fully healthy I think he will be kept on the roster. But he better show up in camp and pre season.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
some bold predictions @den-the-coach but I can't really argue too much.......though if Quick is fully healthy I think he will be kept on the roster. But he better show up in camp and pre season.

Quick did absolutely don't understand whey they kept him the roster, was he still recovering from the injury? Anyways he better come to play the talent is much better with draft picks and some high profile UDRFA's. I'd like to see Quick prove me wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quick did absolutely don't understand whey they kept him the roster, was he still recovering from the injury? Anyways he better come to play the talent is much better with draft picks and some high profile UDRFA's. I'd like to see Quick prove me wrong, but I just don't see it happening.
He wasn't hurt but Fisher said he was way behind as far as be up to speed with team because of all recovering from shoulder. I highly doubt Quick gets cut at first I thought he would. But now I'm starting to think Quick, Britt, and Tavon are locks

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But now I'm starting to think Quick, Britt, and Tavon are locks

Well, not sure, maybe, but Quick doesn't have former WR coach Ray Sherman around anymore to protect him so maybe he's not suck a lock.