Rams reportedly gave Paul Mcroberts a $10,000 dollar bonus to sign him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
http://m.stltoday.com/sports/footba...cle_e3ee1a25-dbc1-569a-a8b5-9848f21ea5e4.html

Two St. Louis high school products have agreed to terms with the Rams as undrafted free agents: wide receiver Paul McRoberts of Southeast Missouri State and Soldan High, and defensive back Michael Jordan of Missouri Western and Hazelwood Central High.

Several teams pursued McRoberts as a free agent after he went undrafted. The Rams reportedly paid him a signing bonus of $10,000 to help land him. McRoberts made a pre-draft visit to the Rams in mid April.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The part of the article referenced:

ST. LOUIS TO LA
Two St. Louis high school products have agreed to terms with the Rams as undrafted free agents: wide receiver Paul McRoberts of Southeast Missouri State and Soldan High, and defensive back Michael Jordan of Missouri Western and Hazelwood Central High.

Several teams pursued McRoberts as a free agent after he went undrafted. The Rams reportedly paid him a signing bonus of $10,000 to help land him. McRoberts made a pre-draft visit to the Rams in mid April.

Other St. Louis-area products to sign as rookie free agents: tight end Adam Fuehne of Southern Illinois University Carbondale and Mater Dei High, to Detroit; and wide receiver Durron Neal of Oklahoma and De Smet High, to Denver.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
6'3". Played college basketball. Got better every year.

Interesting long shot.

Ram65

Legend
Listed here at 6'1" and 202 Lbs. Reminds me a little of Brandon Lloyd a raw version.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/paul-mcroberts?id=2555290

OVERVIEW

McRoberts was a first-team All-Ohio Valley Conference pick in 2014 and 2015.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.6 seconds
Vertical: 35 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 5 inches
Short shuttle: 4.42 seconds
3-cone: 7.28 seconds
Bench: 8 reps of 225 pounds
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Tall with the frame to carry more weight. Played a year of college basketball and has ability to high point throws with the timing of a rebounder. Beats press coverage with basketball feet. Sinks hips into his breaks and can break routes off sharply when he wants. Gifted with extremely long arms and large hands for an elite catch radius. Can make difficult, one-handed catches. Pluck and tuck ball-catcher in traffic with natural, soft hands.
WEAKNESSES

Doesn't have cushion-eating speed off the line of scrimmage to back cornerbacks off. Needs to do a better job of helping his quarterback out by working back to the ball. Shows inconsistent effort and play speed in his routes. Looks focused and hungry at times and lackadaisical at others. Can be slowed by contact along his routes. Can go get the high balls, but not as effective adjusting to low throws.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7 or priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE
McRoberts dwarfs cornerbacks with his long frame and upright gait and his ability to stretch and high point the high throws makes him seem even taller. His routes are raw and sometimes uninspired, but he has the feet and athleticism to become much better with more work and coaching. McRoberts appears to lack deep speed. Will be intriguing on the third day.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Unless Quick Brings it in camp I think he's gone

There are 14 WRs on the roster. I think outside of Tavon Austin and Britt, they all better bring it or they're out of a job. Very encouraged by the film on Cooper and Thomas. North looks interesting. I'm rooting for Bailey, just because of his circumstance but I want the best 5 or 6 playmakers there regardless of how they made it to the roster. Anybody have anything on Isiah Ferguson? 6'5"? Goff may have some pretty impressive red zone targets.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I saw him play a couple games at SEMO.
Needs a year on PS to have a chance. Needs to work on his strength and burst.

jap

Legend
Listed here at 6'1" and 202 Lbs. Reminds me a little of Brandon Lloyd a raw version.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/paul-mcroberts?id=2555290

OVERVIEW

McRoberts was a first-team All-Ohio Valley Conference pick in 2014 and 2015.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.6 seconds
Vertical: 35 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 5 inches
Short shuttle: 4.42 seconds
3-cone: 7.28 seconds
Bench: 8 reps of 225 pounds

Looks like the Horns "cheated" a bit to snare a marque receiving talent. He definitely needs to muscle up to handle the NFL DB's, who will try to intimidate him with hard hits.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Very raw hopefully he makes the practice squad since they paid him a big bonus

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
His first name alone is worth 10 large.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Enjoyed the highlights. It's going to be some competition between the WR's. Are they playing at a highschool?

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Enjoyed the highlights. It's going to be some competition between the WR's. Are they playing at a highschool?
No. I live 20 minutes from SEMO and it's just the high school competition that makes it look that way. Yeah, it's small school, don't get your hopes too high over this guy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://m.stltoday.com/sports/footba...cle_e3ee1a25-dbc1-569a-a8b5-9848f21ea5e4.html

I hope it works out well for the Rams! when they've payied Big bonus's in the past it seems to have worked!

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Definitely rooting for him, hope we can slide him on our PS. I think Spruce and North are the two UDFA receivers to make the team.

RamzFanz

Damnit
No. I live 20 minutes from SEMO and it's just the high school competition that makes it look that way. Yeah, it's small school, don't get your hopes too high over this guy.

My wife was a cheerleader at SEMO. That shit is in the middle of nowhere.

No offense intended, I prefer rural, but it's hard to get to and is near nothing over 2 stories except barns.

They raise their girls well though.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
My wife was a cheerleader at SEMO. That crap is in the middle of nowhere.

No offense intended, I prefer rural, but it's hard to get to and is near nothing over 2 stories except barns.

They raise their girls well though.
No offence taken. I resemble that remark. Middle of nowhere.

RamzFanz

Damnit
No offence taken. I resemble that remark. Middle of nowhere.

I envy you then.

Fences don't make good neighbors, distance AND fences make good neighbors.

Love my neighbors, as myself, I just don't want to live within 20 feet of them.

Last edited: