Rams remaining Schedule discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 22350 This is fun to look at with the remaining games for our bigger rival. SEACHICKENS MUST LOSE SOME OF THESES PUNCHING BAG GAMES!

That doesn't look like an easy schedule to me. As we all know, the Redskins are a tough team. The Falcons and Eagles are both tough opponents. We are going to kick their asses. And the Jaguars and Cowboys could give the Seahawks issue with their styles working well against Seattle's weaknesses.

I think it's pretty rational to project Seattle ending up around 10-6 (give or take a game).

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Gonna need 11-5 and a win in Seattle to take the division. They can do it with help from Watkins and the TEs. Slow and steady, but the schemes work and they have the talent. Just like the hoodie always says,"Do your job!".

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz and the EEgles just lost their starting LT. That is going to adversely affect them. Where would the Rams be without Whitworth? Would probably be a one or two game difference.

Who replaces Peters and how good will he be? Wentz has already been sacked way more than Goff.
Halapoulivaati Vaitai came in for him Monday night. Reading some Eagles sites and talking to a couple people the fans seem to want him to start there. It seems Lane Johnson was horrible in training camp in the action he got at LT and they're afraid (the fans) to put him back there.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Said I'd be happy with an 8-8 finish before the season began. As much as I'd love to look ahead, you got to take it a game at a time. These guys are still young and learning. Those November and December games are tough. If we can pull out 9 or 10 or 11 wins... WOW.

The crappy part is that Seattle game was SOOOOO winnable. That one stings.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Every game seems winnable, then again, we could lose any of them too! I know the Giants are in a bit of a mess this year, but the game still worries me, I'll take each week as it comes and that's where my focus is going to be. I hope the bye week will aid in pushing the guys higher up the progress ladder, I hope the D steps up a gear like they have been doing over the past few weeks and we play every game moving forward like its a Championship game.

We've lost 2 games which I think we could have / should have won, I don't want us to lose any more...

nighttrain

Legend
qb's
Yes, and Wentz seems to think he's a half-back when running. He will not last long in the NFL if he keeps doing that....
And this is the reason i preferred Goff in the draft, running QB's have a shorter shelf life
train

Big Game

Living The Dream
I personally think we can win the next 3 games Giants, Texans, and Vikings with some ease.

Hear me out game one vs the Giants. Right now there O line is a mess and they have no consistent run game. If our defense can get to Manning they will have a long day. We should be able to score on there corners, Giants corners take a lot of high risk high reward type plays meaning they can get beat on double moves etc.

Game Two at home vs the Texans. Key here it to Bottle up Watson and make him feel the pressure also lock up his favorite target Hopkins. Texans still have a good defense but we can score on them.

Game three Vikings: Just Get to Case Keenum we have all seen it up close and personal if you pressure this guy he will throw it to you.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sadly I agree.The Seahawks have an easier schedule and are already tied or ahead of us by beating us. Do we really 100% think we can go up to Seattle in the rain and beat them in their house? With as damn lucky as they get with ref calls and Wilson lobbing up throws on the run?
We're going to the playoffs this year that's for sure. I really really really think it's important to win the division and get at least 1 home game. But losing to the Seahawks 3 weeks ago in Los Angeles .... seems to have destroyed that dream.

We can say stuff like "Seahawks Oline is terrible" and "they have no running game" and "Wilson can't keep getting so lucky." But the truth is we've been saying that, and they keep winning. :( It doesn't sit well with me. I hate the Seahawks more than any NFL team.
Sorry BriansRams, I disagree and your wrong! Snap out of it! This isn't the Fisher Rams!!
1) The Hag's are not ahead of the Rams! The Rams are ! game up on them, and winning the div.!
2) Yes we can go into the Hag's Home and Beat them! We did it before with a much lesser Team!
3) The hag's "D" may only be giving up 16 point a game, but there "O" isn't averaging scoring anywhere near the points we are!
4) 1 catch and there win over us would be a Loss!

" Shape Up, and get your head straight over the Bye week!!"

Besides, the Rams could have the Division Title Locked-up by the time we go to Seattle!!:D

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you're saying some 7-9 BS?
How do you come up with that??
Schedule is tough, the only 2 "gimme's" are the Niners and Cards.
Split the other 7 and you are looking at 10-11 wins
I'd like to call the Giants a gimme but road games are never easy

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
All these games are legitimately winnable. IMO the toughest games will be Houston, Minnesota, New Orleans, and Philadelphia. With three of these games being at home, one would think we should be in great position to win each game. But for whatever reason, we haven't played well at home so far this season. Yet, this team has been road warriors so far this season, and hope it keeps up. To me the biggest key is staying healthy through this stretch. If we stay healthy, I see us winning at least 5-6 of our remaining games.

It could come down to a tie breaker with Seattle to win the division because their remaining schedule is very favorable for them. With only four road games remaining, the toughest ones will be against Jacksonville and Dallas (Elliott may be suspended by then.) Their big games against Houston, Washington, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and the Rams are at home. Besides our game with them, we need to have them lose at least two of their remaining home games to give us a legitimate chance to win the division.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone tell me Eli's 3 main receives.......
It had been:
Evan Engram
Jag 1
Jag 2

Against us it will improve to
Engram
Shepperd
Jag 1- and there are rumblings that they may get their hands on a WR from another team.
To me it makes too much sense that Cleveland trades Britt to the Giants for a stale loaf of bread
Martavis Bryant may be in play too

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hear me out game one vs the Giants. Right now there O line is a mess and they have no consistent run game. If our defense can get to Manning they will have a long day. We should be able to score on there corners, Giants corners take a lot of high risk high reward type plays meaning they can get beat on double moves etc.

Against us it will improve to
Engram
Shepperd
Jag 1- and there are rumblings that they may get their hands on a WR from another team.
To me it makes too much sense that Cleveland trades Britt to the Giants for a stale loaf of bread
Martavis Bryant may be in play too

@dieterbrock ... do you agree with @Big Game's assessment of their Oline?

If so, then the Rams should be able to totally shut down their running game.

If so, do the cadre of WRs you mention above concern you against a healthy Rams secondary?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@dieterbrock ... do you agree with @Big Game's assessment of their Oline?

If so, then the Rams should be able to totally shut down their running game.

If so, do the cadre of WRs you mention above concern you against a healthy Rams secondary?
Their o-line is atrocious. However, they did seem to find something with Darkwa busting up Denver for 117 yards. Pretty good defense there.
They literally have been playing with 1 receiver in rookie Engram. They get Shepperd back so that will help and as I said previously, there are rumblings about the Giants making a low budget move for a WR. I think its basically whether or not they want to blow this team up after the season. I think they will add somebody before they play the Rams, cant keep selling out Giants stadium when its 20 degrees and windy if the team is 2-14

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their o-line is atrocious. However, they did seem to find something with Darkwa busting up Denver for 117 yards. Pretty good defense there.
They literally have been playing with 1 receiver in rookie Engram. They get Shepperd back so that will help and as I said previously, there are rumblings about the Giants making a low budget move for a WR. I think its basically whether or not they want to blow this team up after the season. I think they will add somebody before they play the Rams, cant keep selling out Giants stadium when its 20 degrees and windy if the team is 2-14
So, is the DEN game an anomaly when it comes to NY running success?

I guess what I'm saying is... seems the Rams will shut down their running game and then it's on Manning and Engram (rookie, who's doing OK), and Sheppard and some JAG off another team (like Britt) who won't know their system, I'll assume.

You know me... pretty conservative... but I don't see how NY gives the Rams too much of a fight. The spirit may be willing but they are depleted of talent on offense.

So it comes down to Spagnuolo shutting down the Rams offense.
Per ESPN:
They're giving up 379 yards per game (27th), 259 passing yards per game (27th), 121 rushing yards per game (23rd) and 22.3 points per game (T 17th).

Thinking the Rams ought to be able to make some real noise against that unit.

The real wild card (as you allude to)? The weather.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
So, is the DEN game an anomaly when it comes to NY running success?

I guess what I'm saying is... seems the Rams will shut down their running game and then it's on Manning and Engram (rookie, who's doing OK), and Sheppard and some JAG off another team (like Britt) who won't know their system, I'll assume.

You know me... pretty conservative... but I don't see how NY gives the Rams too much of a fight. The spirit may be willing but they are depleted of talent on offense.

So it comes down to Spagnuolo shutting down the Rams offense.
Per ESPN:
They're giving up 379 yards per game (27th), 259 passing yards per game (27th), 121 rushing yards per game (23rd) and 22.3 points per game (T 17th).

Thinking the Rams ought to be able to make some real noise against that unit.

The real wild card (as you allude to)? The weather.
I would say the Giants running on the Broncos is like the Cards running on the Bucs. They had a Damn good game running it, but its not sustainable.