Rams release unofficial depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think bubba is right about the towel boy making the depth chart. McVay probably didn't sweat accuracy due to competitive advantage.

Pressure or no, Hill tends to have that game where he gets smoked here and there. The Rams needed young core secondary pieces to step up, and it sounds like that happened. So there is gonna be some turnover at corner in the starters under Jalen.

I think the corner room is gonna be Jalen and Long to start the season outside the hash.. Slot is still being sorted, with the rooks duking it out, which tbh is a best case scenario for us.

This is why I was asking who was playing where at corner. But we are gonna see who is where this weekend. And the game should be enlightening in sorting this year's deeper group. Rams have options here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The depth chart is for the active roster. He's not leapfrogging any of the guys on that list. That doesn't mean he won't make the practice squad.

Well we’ll see how it plays out. McCutchen is the bigger body & looks good on special teams.
Put it this way. The practice squad rules just changed,making it harder for having lifer practice squad players like Jake Gervase. JJ Koski is in that mold.
Let’s make a ROD WAGER on JJ Koski being on the active roster in 2022/23. Meaning until the SuperBowl from now. To think he isn’t a Ram & The Coaching staff doesn’t respect him is insane. Of course you want more talent,but what he brings to The Rams day in & day out is priceless. He is a WE player!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think bubba is right about the towel boy making the depth chart. McVay probably didn't sweat accuracy due to competitive advantage.

Pressure or no, Hill tends to have that game where he gets smoked here and there. The Rams needed young core secondary pieces to step up, and it sounds like that happened. So there is gonna be some turnover at corner in the starters under Jalen.

I think the corner room is gonna be Jalen and Long to start the season outside the hash.. Slot is still being sorted, with the rooks duking it out, which tbh is a best case scenario for us.

This is why I was asking who was playing where at corner. But we are gonna see who is where this weekend. And the game should be enlightening in sorting this year's deeper group. Rams have options here.

Well we can both assume what we think is going to happen. From my observation when Hill hit Cooper Kupp & KNOCKED him on his Azz things sort of stop & players (coaches) looked at Troy Hill. He went to the end of sideline . Jalen RAMsey had a plastic jacket Full length Hoody on & walked around from the other side & talked with Hill for a moment.
-Jalen has Troy Hills back & he will be a starting slot guy imo. You could be totally right,but for now I see Hill being in the mix.
-I agree with the numbers & Troy Hill does not have the upside of Durant or Kendrick. RR31 is looking to take a WR’s head off. He might get some Preseason action.
This is all before the preseason coming out of training camp.I’m waiting for things to separate though.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Well we’ll see how it plays out. McCutchen is the bigger body & looks good on special teams.
Put it this way. The practice squad rules just changed,making it harder for having lifer practice squad players like Jake Gervase. JJ Koski is in that mold.
Let’s make a ROD WAGER on JJ Koski being on the active roster in 2022/23. Meaning until the SuperBowl from now. To think he isn’t a Ram & The Coaching staff doesn’t respect him is insane. Of course you want more talent,but what he brings to The Rams day in & day out is priceless. He is a WE player!!
If there a multiple WR injuries, maybe, but for week 1, I don’t think he’s making it if 7 WRs are active. Kupp, Allen, Jefferson, Skrownek, Tutu, Harris, Powell

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
People make too much of these "unofficial" depth charts. Even during the season, if you watch the actual rotation that tells you who is where on the depth chart. Hill at CB is simply because Rochell missed so much time last year. IMO by the break, it will be Rochell and Durant who are the #2 & 3 CBs IMO. Having Hill as a starting CB won't last. He proved here in LA and in Cleveland that he's a limited zone CB and nothing more.

I expect Hollins, Hardy, and Lewis to rotate during the season opposite Floyd. I do expect Hardy to be the primary backup to Floyd if he gets hurt or comes out for a breather. Hardy IMO will pass Garrett and Lewis on the rotation depth chart at the edge opposite Floyd coming out of their bye week.

I expect Williams to be the #3 RB for the majority of the season. I think coming out of their bye week, Williams will take up the role played by Michel last year in terms of being their 3rd down RB. He's been slowed this TC by getting hurt.

Week one and two of the regular season will tell you who is where on the actual depth chart.

Agree with your thoughts,but think Garrett & Hardy are switched? Floyd & Garrett seem to be 1 & 2. Either way Floyd needs to be rotated more this season,especially if hurt. The depth & development of Lewis,Garret,& Hardy is important.

-Will get to see what Williams brings at RB with Jake Funk in the preseason as long as Akers & Henderson stay healthy? These preseason games are fun. It will be interesting everybody’s take after the chargers game. Some real good reports & not so good ?
Not every player will have good games.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Re T Lewis at third string, Skow, no Evans, Tutu, etc. These depth charts are motivators. Rah and McVay are telling Lewis he needs to flash and show something. Maybe they weren't impressed with his level at practice?

No Evans means he's on thin ice. I'm guessing last year and this year TC he's been border line out of shape. Barely above the Mendoza line will not cut it with world champions.

With Skow, they're giving him the benefit of the doubt and crediting his ability to play ST. They're asking Tutu and Harris to step up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hell, most of these 'so called' depth charts are way off in the middle of the season, presenting one now is just a joke.
Thank you
I'll start paying attention to the roster after 1st cut downs next week, otherwise its just about meaningless

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
True
We could be standing alone with a pro bowl Center.....

kt2zd8F.jpg
:)

True :) and no doubt a miss, but Brian Allen made the pro bowl, correct? It worked out, especially considering his contract and the play of Shelton. As I have said before Jacob Harris was our biggest reach even if I still can’t believe we took Attwell at that spot!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
True

True :) and no doubt a miss, but Brian Allen made the pro bowl, correct? It worked out, especially considering his contract and the play of Shelton. As I have said before Jacob Harris was our biggest reach even if I still can’t believe we took Attwell at that spot!
Yes, it worked out and Rams are great at Center, but @Loyal just wants to date Creed Humphrey.
1660313977438.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Loved this part from Jourdan Rodrigue today...

• I would expect rookie seventh-rounder AJ Arcuri to get a lot of snaps at right tackle in the preseason. Arcuri, who is getting close mentorship from veteran Rob Havenstein, certainly looks the part. The Rams are intrigued by the combination of AJ Jackson and Arcuri as anchors on either side of their line as a possible longer-term option if they develop well. Certainly, they could be good depth players in the shorter term, and Jackson even got a few tries on the interior early in camp.

Arcuri is, physically, very, very similar to Havenstein. I wonder how much he can develop?

Objectively, it would be absolutely hysterical if the Rams found and developed two starting tackles while investing one 7th round pick in the position.
If you're looking for ways the Rams could extend their "window".. it's shit like that that will allow them to bring in new, top-level talent, through trades with the high picks.

And.. who knows.. maybe Jackson spends time mauling people on the interior of the line until it's time to move outside.

nighttrain

Legend
Objectively, it would be absolutely hysterical if the Rams found and developed two starting tackles while investing one 7th round pick in the position.
this would truly be amazing, and totally piss off every other GM in the NFL.
train

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good to hear. Initially when that hit, it seemed like either a mistake or an oh sh!t situation. Thankfully it was the former.
It could be, and it could change on tuesday. We don’t even know who puts these together. For all we know it could be @Loyal ’s cabana boy.