Rams release unofficial depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Depth is a concern in some areas. The starters are, well, champions.

DL: this is now an ongoing concern of mine. I was counting on BB3 making a move this season, but he’s off to a bad start with the suspension.

ILB: yikes! Hope Wagner and EJ stay healthy. Who comes off the field when we run the nickel?

WR: without seeing Jefferson on the roster, it looks kinda thin after our starters. Maybe McCutcheon has a shot should VJ start inactive. I’m just not seeing a place for Harris right now. I would be more excited about him if we were still hoping for 8-8 seasons, but we’ve got a championship roster to maintain.
Gotta cross my fingers and hope Atwell makes the leap this year. Skow has a place on STs at the very least.

CBs: now this looks interesting. Who rotates in when we run a nickel? A dime? Lotta young talent back there. Could be our deepest unit after…

OL: I was finally NOT overly concerned last year (Center was the only spot that had me thinking). Now that we saw a solid season from Allen, I’m really thinking this OL is gonna be a legit 7-8 deep every Sunday—with still more talent waiting in the wings.

RBs: just a training room mess. All kinds of talent, though. As long as the Rams have 2 healthy backs each week out of Akers, Henderson, and KW, the offense should be just fine; otherwise, Funk and company (sounds like a band!) are gonna have to step up.
I trust if McSnead feel thin at any position they will be making moves after preseason. No Cut, trade or FA stone will remain unturned.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah even with Van out for limited time I am not too worried about the wideouts. Remember in the Super Bowl we also didn't have Higbee so that sort of exacerbated Odell going down.

Rams gonna be winning all over the field with WR1&2. So a lot of guys should benefit from that, to include our TEs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah even beyond the fact that these things shouldn't make anybody worry about anything because they're meaningless Skow and Atwell as our #4 and #5 WR in whatever order you want to place them is good. Add in eventually possibly OBJ and it's all the better. These lists before they've even actually practiced or played a preseason game mean nothing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I can't imagine Van not being #3, especially after his play last season.

I believe he will be, and am guessing Atwell & Skow lead at WR4 & WR5 with Harris, Powell, Akers & McCutheon pulling up the rear. Either we suffer an injury or whatever, but OBj likely bumps someone come December. jmo.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I believe he will be, and am guessing Atwell & Skow lead at WR4 & WR5 with Harris, Powell, Akers & McCutheon pulling up the rear. Either we suffer an injury or whatever, but OBj likely bumps someone come December. jmo.
I would agree with that completely. It'd be a major turn of events if VJ wasn't #3.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of looks like Kupp, ARob, Van, Atwell/Skow dont' care the order and the 6th will either be Powell as the return man or Harris/Akers battle with McCutheon on the PS maybe?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Kind of looks like Kupp, ARob, Van, Atwell/Skow dont' care the order and the 6th will either be Powell as the return man or Harris/Akers battle with McCutheon on the PS maybe?

Outside of Harris, we should get to see all those guys past Van getting plenty of pre-season game snaps, including the newly returned Warren Jackson.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Ram fans once again want to keep forgetting about JJ Koski.

All #17 does is make plays & get open. The Rams QB’s trust him as well. He got some good NFL experience last season & plays a little special teams.

He will be a Ram for awhile weather it be on the practice squad or 53?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Ram fans once again want to keep forgetting about JJ Koski.

All #17 does is make plays & get open. The Rams QB’s trust him as well. He got some good NFL experience last season & plays a little special teams.

He will be a Ram for awhile weather it be on the practice squad or 53?
I live in San Luis Obispo, so I was definitely rooting for Cal Poly product JJ Koski.

However, Koski had a big lost fumble vs. the Packers, and I remember Koski almost losing another fumble too. Anyway-- my recollection was that Koski had a bit of a "deer in the headlights" vibe during his first few touches in the NFL.

Maybe he can improve, but he didn't have a good NFL start, IMHO.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
For me, big takeaway from depth chart is that T Lewis is buried to 3rd string, behind a late-round rookie.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
For me, big takeaway from depth chart is that T Lewis is buried to 3rd string, behind a late-round rookie.

Hell, most of these 'so called' depth charts are way off in the middle of the season, presenting one now is just a joke.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Hell, most of these 'so called' depth charts are way off in the middle of the season, presenting one now is just a joke.

Yeah, my take isn’t based on what string a guy is, so much as WHO is on the list. When you start looking at a 21 game season, you have to think EVERYBODY is gonna play at some point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I live in San Luis Obispo, so I was definitely rooting for Cal Poly product JJ Koski.

However, Koski had a big lost fumble vs. the Packers, and I remember Koski almost losing another fumble too. Anyway-- my recollection was that Koski had a bit of a "deer in the headlights" vibe during his first few touches in the NFL.

Maybe he can improve, but he didn't have a good NFL start, IMHO.

No , your totally right & that is why The Rams went & got Powell because they were in need of a PR/KR guy.It wasn’t the easiest spot to be put in &
JJ Koski did not come through.
JJ Koski is like a Kolone guy The Rams keep around forever & groom.No other team really ever clams them.
Johna Williams is another one of those types of players that if they don’t make the roster ,you can put them on the practice.If not then eventually in need they keep ready & you can call them up to the 53 when depth isn’t needed.
Just like Perez at QB. They know the coaches & the offense or defense. They stay ready & in shape if something was to go wrong.

I can go on all day about this.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just going to keep adding.

Les Sneads biggest regrets & one of his best year as a GM was 2019. The Rams were done & John Sullivan lost a bunch of weight & could not comeback because of it.Mcvay F—K’D UP BIGTIME & counted on Allen & Noteboom with NO NFL EXPERIENCE. Played ZERO preseason!
Both Allen & Noteboom only had 2017 preseason were The Rams starters got to play in the preseason.Mcvay’s Rookie HC under Wade Phillips.
continue…….

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add Jamal Demby was the backup Guard & a guy the next season I lost a ROD bet to Bubba Ram in with Williams from S. Florida as a tackle.

Les Snead got rid (traded)of the BALL(penis ) grabber & TD pick 6 photo guy.
In comes Austin Corbett,Kenny Young, & of course HOF Ram CB Jalen RAMsey. BTW had to add David Edwards & Bobby Evans we’re both late round Rookies who Mcvay gave all those Reps to.It was Williams who got cut ? Williams was Big Whitworth’s backup LT on veteran Wednesday’s.
I thought he would make it because of that & no NFL experience up front.Bobby Evans was holding his on at RT. Big Rob was out of shape & not 100%. Taylor Rapp was a starter & even David Long was getting playing time at CB.
The Rams lost to the 9ers.Goff didn’t trust Austin Blythe & had Cook deep.Instead he through a pick 6 before half. Greg Freaking Gaines was playing DT with Tanzel Smart. Wade had AD99 on the bench. Plus Clay Matthews was playing his AZZ off.That game still HAUNTS Les Snead.

To think that is we’re the 5 game Lossing streak started & Mcvay needing a QB who was willing to throw the ball deep.It cost Sean Mcvay making The Playoffs & that was the only time Les & Mcvay or McSnead has never made it to The Playoffs.Adding Clay Matthews played only one more game & is retired.

PLUS Eric Weedle’s only season with The Rams & he retired on his own & was not cut like Clay Matthews.