Rams release unofficial depth chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hardy will now start the yr on IR it seems. So hopefully Whitley makes the 53. I think he has some upside. Holding up well despite a huge jump in competition from Holy Cross.
Rookie ER Benton Whitley is the quickest of what we have had on the field thus far in the two preseason games. Lightning edge speed but plays way out of control & has demonstrated very poor tackling & outside edge containment.

We know that ER's Floyd/Hollins/Lewis/Garrett has made the MR53. Dan Hardy is considered a better more well-rounded better-skiiled ER @ this point in time but is headed for an early period on the IR but will return in early October looking for an MR53 position.

It will be hard to award Whitley an MR53 position with so many other better DL'ers fighting for a few spots. Then there's DL'er Bobby Brown who will need an MR53 position after returning from suspension. Right now he needs a ton of work but is worthy of some time of investment on the PS this season.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rookie ER Benton Whitley is the quickest of what we have had on the field thus far in the two preseason games. Lightning edge speed but plays way out of control & has demonstrated very poor tackling & outside edge containment.
IMO, they could keep Whitley on the 53 and then he would be released once Hardy comes back. Now, Whitley offers the best option of the three remaining from a pass rush perspective. Keir Thomas & Brayden Thomas are alternatives and quite frankly I've seen much more for the Florida State alum in Keir Thomas.

Keir Thomas is a tad more disciplined than Whitely, but there is something about Whitley I like and I concur he needs some more seasoning, however, he seems to offer quite a bit off the edge rushing the passer and that is what will be needed from that roster spot.

We also have to factor in special teams and what if offered there, plus the Rams could also make a trade for an outside rusher that is always possible, but giving the choices at this point I would keep Whitley unless on of the Thomas's showcase something more in the last preseason game.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ahem... ~ @Neil039

ryh5xuO.gif
@Loyal typical game day prep. Huge balls too the face
season 3 medicine ball GIF by Portlandia

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Rams release official depth chart

There are some interesting twists to look out for

1. Ben Skowronek will start in place of Van Jefferson

Tutu will spell Allen Robinson (one would think they have some packages specifically for him in relation to Kupp and WR3 (who could potentially be a second TE) . Thus, as good as Robinson is perhaps Kupp is still the clear no1? Then again perhaps the picture is more fluid. How many times did Kupp come out last year? I thought he played practically every snap? Tutu cannot block so this perhaps explains his position on the depth chart because our WR3 has to block effectively which is an underrated aspect of Van’s game. Is Tutu too small to run jet sweeps? He might get killed :)

2. Evans will dress as a reserve RT

3. Kier Thomas will dress and play around 20% of snaps (perhaps more) depending how long the defense is on the field

4. I am somewhat surprised by the designations across the DL. Will it be more fluid? Did Robinson play any NT for us last year? Can Williams really hold up against the run at his size and weight? Or is he a designated pass rusher? If the answer to these questions is no, then we look a little light at NT considering it’s importance to our scheme

5. We have two players listed as starters at WLB, RB and SS as well as Hill names starting outside CB. These spots will be incredibly fluid but one might think a player will emerge as outright starter and take around 70 % or upwards (e.g. at SS) which shows - against what many might think - how strong we are, barring injuries, across these groups. For example, Rochelle could be starting at CB for a majority of snaps even if Hill is listed ahead of him

I think there are some important insights here into how the roster was constructed in terms of who dresses

Finally, can Lance become a core special teamer? I hope so as that would speed his development

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams release official depth chart

There are some interesting twists to look out for

1. Ben Skowronek will start in place of Van Jefferson

Tutu will spell Allen Robinson (one would think they have some packages specifically for him in relation to Kupp and WR3 (who could potentially be a second TE) . Thus, as good as Robinson is perhaps Kupp is still the clear no1? Then again perhaps the picture is more fluid. How many times did Kupp come out last year? I thought he played practically every snap? Tutu cannot block so this perhaps explains his position on the depth chart because our WR3 has to block effectively which is an underrated aspect of Van’s game. Is Tutu too small to run jet sweeps? He might get killed :)

2. Evans will dress as a reserve RT

3. Kier Thomas will dress and play around 20% of snaps (perhaps more) depending how long the defense is on the field

4. I am somewhat surprised by the designations across the DL. Will it be more fluid? Did Robinson play any NT for us last year? Can Williams really hold up against the run at his size and weight? Or is he a designated pass rusher? If the answer to these questions is no, then we look a little light at NT considering it’s importance to our scheme

5. We have two players listed as starters at WLB, RB and SS as well as Hill names starting outside CB. These spots will be incredibly fluid but one might think a player will emerge as outright starter and take around 70 % or upwards (e.g. at SS) which shows - against what many might think - how strong we are, barring injuries, across these groups. For example, Rochelle could be starting at CB for a majority of snaps even if Hill is listed ahead of him

I think there are some important insights here into how the roster was constructed in terms of who dresses

Finally, can Lance become a core special teamer? I hope so as that would speed his development
Right at the top... it says UNOFFICIAL DEPTH CHART... fyi.

So, I wouldn't read too much into it.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Fair point, but thats a pretty accurate picture because it must be based on internal conversations, don’t you think?

Geez how writing one word incorrectly can derail your effort! :laugh3:

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am extremely excited about the Rams-listed backup Center & the backup RG. Might be the best I have ever seen.

DC Morris has changed up this season going very light @ backup Nose Tackle with a 275-pound backup to Gaines.

What a difference one season can make @ ILB'er.......last season we were lucky to see one ILB'er on the field usually it was Reeder. {Wonder what happened to the secret photos of the 9ers paying off Reeder for those 4 dozen missed tackles?}

Now DC Morris has FIVE on the MR53 & another former starter waiting in the training room on Reserve/Non-Football Injury.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am extremely excited about the Rams-listed backup Center & the backup RG. Might be the best I have ever seen.

:sarcasm:
Well your nobody called today
She hung up when I asked her name
Well I wonder does she think she's being clever
You say nobody's after you
The fact is what you say is true
But I can love you like nobody can, even better

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think they have ever put up an accurate depth chart. There is always inaccurate or head scratching shit on theirs, which is why I use ourlads.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In all seriousness, IMHO, if Allen goes down, they will move Shelton to Center & Anchrum to Right Guard. If a tackle goes down, then A.J. Jackson is first man up. I hope Bobby Evans is a last ditch replacement, when nobody else is standing because Evans is questionable at best.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In all seriousness, IMHO, if Allen goes down, they will move Shelton to Center & Anchrum to Right Guard. If a tackle goes down, then A.J. Jackson is first man up. I hope Bobby Evans is a last ditch replacement, when nobody else is standing because Evans is questionable at best.
I see it like you. Carberry does have numerous options @ OT, many options @ OG & limited options @ OC.

OC/OG Kolone has been here for four complete seasons and signed on the PS. Evans has been here 3 complete seasons & now in his 4th on the active roster. OG Brewer was on the MR53 in 2019 & was here for the full 21 gm 2021 season. OG Anchrum is in his 3rd season. Jackson & Pircher are in their 2nd seasons.

Yes, a very good argument can be made that this 2022 reserve unit is not close to being as talented as in the past 3 to 4 years or as I would prefer, however, there is the experience that is pretty important with OL'ers more than any other NFL unit. Someone needs to tell BonifayRam to give them a break. :biggrin:

LT-Noteboom/ Jackson/ Arcuri
LG-Edwards/ Brewer
OC-Allen/ Kolone
RG- Shelton/ Anchrum
RT-Havenstein/ Evans/ Pircher

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair point, but thats a pretty accurate picture because it must be based on internal conversations, don’t you think?

Geez how writing one word incorrectly can derail your effort! :laugh3:
All good just had a laugh. Also a good reason why people shouldnt worry too much even if it’s an official chart.

View: https://twitter.com/jennaharner11/status/1567184164184641538?s=21&t=lgry7iY6iw0gmxwT3oEDDw

Coaches will tell us the depth chart for the most part opduring the game. And even that is situational.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Makes sense to me.
I think Anchrum took a big step at guard this offseason and preseason.