Rams Release Ray Ray Armstrong

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
1975206_10203786932126778_109598336386948791_n.jpg

Rambition

Rookie
i just wish fisher hadn't let it get to this point. ray ray is probably confused...he's probably thinking "damn, coach...i thought we were supposed to "play with an edge" since you wanted your teams to have that rep. you always looked the other way and let us do our thing before. and now all of a sudden you fire me for it? WTF???"

Rambition

Rookie
best site to use for updated rosters is www.ourlads.com Denicos Allen is the only LB on the practice squad.
coach, i know he was hurt for part of his time here in the preseason/camp, but were you able to get much of a read on pat schiller? any chance the rams might at least bring him (or millard) back to the practice squad?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This makes me happy but does make an already thin linebacking corps even thinner. Calling up a practice squad player to replace Armstrong doesn't exactly fill me with confidence although I still think this is preferable to having someone on the field that is always so close to doing something really stupid. Chase Reynolds was guilty of this on Sunday as well but that was an exception whereas Armstrong's penaly was more like the 'rule' for him.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
To bad considering everything he's been through just to get on an NFL roster,this young man has a lot of growing up to do.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He'll probably wind up with the Pats where Billacheat will show him how to commit penalties while the refs aren't "looking".

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
They don't play the same position so I don't see that happening. Plus I don't think Mo has had a chance to prctice on ST's due to his injury.
This may be true. I guess I was just looking at it in terms of similarity and ability. I believe Ray Ray was a converted Safety and Mo is a converted LB so size/speed should be comparable. I don't know that Ray Ray ever saw the field outside of S/T coverage, and so I'd imagine the concern is filling that gap.

…..

Legend
I think Chase Reynolds had two boneheaded moves in the special teams game as well, most notably the block in the back on a punt return. Chase is on my watch list, he's basically a bubble player like Ray Ray was. Not good enough to play his position, on the roster purely to be a special teamer.

I dont remember who TOTALLY missed the block (went the wrong way, leaving a defender a clear path up the middle) on that blocked punt, but his ass needs to be thoroughly ermbarrased publicly in the film room.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't much get off on seeing people lose their job and can't help but wonder how things transpired leading up to the decision,i.e. he was apprised how dim a view the coaches or Fisher alone had of his stupidity in committing that penalty and he defended it,etc.
I know after the penalty I saw a coach pat him on the head in a less than condemning fashion.
I didn't want him cut yesterday ,so I won't celebrate the move today, HOWEVER ,I'm not the guy who has repeatedly discussed his "issues" with him and FWIW I did say his behavior had risen to the point it was coaching that was allowing and therefore teaching and Fish owned it , props to him.
SO as is the usual as long as I support the coach ,I support his decisions ,Go Rams ,beat 9r's

P.S. is this the most attention most of us have seen given to a ST player being cut in a while? something tells me Ray was on a lot of peoples shit list

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
You can only preach so long....then its time to lead by example. See you later RayRay! Good going FISH!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If I'm the Rams I'm giving Chase Thomas a good hard look. Currently on the 49ers practice squad, the former Stanford Cardinal can diagnose, shed , and tackle. He even has a bit of pass rush in him.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I dont remember who TOTALLY missed the block (went the wrong way, leaving a defender a clear path up the middle) on that blocked punt, but his ass needs to be thoroughly ermbarrased publicly in the film room.

I'm pretty sure that was Chase too. I'm pretty sure I remember 34 in the frame being run right by on that punt.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm pretty sure that was Chase too. I'm pretty sure I remember 34 in the frame being run right by on that punt.
It was Chase but there were two defenders coming freely at the punter. He blocked one of them but could not stop both.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Had to step up and do something. Nice move tired of watching the same dumb mistakes and penalties week after week.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was just listening to Fisher's Radio show, from last night, and fisher said the reason he let Ray-Ray go was because of the 'body of work'. He talked to him a lot, but he didn't seem to get it, and was 'hurting the Team' And fisher said if he let Armstrong continue to play like he was it would be "On Him!" ( Fisher ). Fisher also said they'd be bringing in players to look at,( to replace RR ), over the next couple of days!?? [Note: We Only have Denicos Allen on the PS!]