Rams release Pharoh Cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I was hoping the Rams would sign Boston Scott as he is solid on both kick and punt returns and also plays RB on offense, but the Eagles grabbed him off of the Saints' PS last week. Now that they've signed Anderson it makes more sense. He's a much more established offensive player.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get wanting to move on from Cooper but for Natson? Sorry no salesman can close that deal.

I understand where you're coming from, and I don't disagree. Just trying to make sense out of this move.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
He was a pro bowl punt returner.

or or the coaching (Bones) made him. Still though hasn't been able to move up the WR depth chart, or used on any jet sweeps. Which says a lot imho
#totallyReplaceable

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Pharoh was never real speedy to begin with, and (to my eye) he looked significantly slower after the injury.

I’m not ready to give up on Natson yet— I cant recall the last time he’s had an opportunity with space, and his speed is still top tier.

Also— not a minor thing— at least Natson’s mistake didn’t involve a muff during the catch, it was “just” a brain fart while trying to switch hands.

As of today, I have more faith in Natson than Cooper. But yeah, Natson had a crappy game.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
or or the coaching (Bones) made him. Still though hasn't been able to move up the WR depth chart, or used on any jet sweeps. Which says a lot imho
#totallyReplaceable
If bones made him, why isn't jojo or countless headed to their first pro bowl? Its more than just coaching.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Natson better as a returner, but I do worry about his diminutive size sometimes. The football looks large in his hands. But he is quick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand where you're coming from, and I don't disagree. Just trying to make sense out of this move.
haha come on now we've heard the Rams reasons for cutting Brown dozens of times and people still can't come to grips with that move this one is too fresh :)

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
I recall McVay in the post game saying something along the lines of guys not sticking with their assignments. Perhaps Cooper was free-lancing on the returns and is now an example to the rest of the team? Total guess but it's all I got.

I do agree with others....he just didn't look all "there" and seemed to lack the vision and elusiveness that he had prior to the injury.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He didn't look good before the injury. Pro bowl slanted everything...the guy ain't good at nutin on a football field.

manmaderam

The one and only
He was really only deep wr depth and St this year. Something that can be replaced cheaper with Sammie Coates now hahahahahah

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He didn't look good before the injury. Pro bowl slanted everything...the guy ain't good at nutin on a football field.
And the point still stands that apparently Fumbling JoJo Natson is?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow. Would have much rather have left him on IR. I realize his value as a WR is limited, but last year he was a great return guy ... don't think he forgot over night.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wow. Would have much rather have left him on IR. I realize his value as a WR is limited, but last year he was a great return guy ... don't think he forgot over night.
Who would you have released?

Rams removed FS Blake Coiuntess from his KR duties & turned it over to Cooper result was average yds went down.
Countess 24.6 yds per return.
Cooper 21.3 yds per return.

Countess is our top reserve to FS Joyner & he also an important ST player for Bones. Cooper was a receiver who had not caught any balls this season nor played on any ST's other than return KR. Cooper's been here for 3 seasons & caught only 25 balls for 190 yds with a low average of 7.8 yds. Don't think he had much upside at this point. Both Reynolds & Hodge had surpassed him on the depth chart.Jo Jo Natson PR average is in the top five of the NFL. Cooper average was over 5 yds per return less. Plus the Rams needed that master roster position for a RB. I have no issue with it.