Rams release Pharoh Cooper

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Yup. And if this was my first year watching the NFL I wouldn’t understand why from what I’ve seen.
He was injured for most of the year. I understand the business side of it, but thinking he's going to come back and start right where he left off last season is not likely.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
So Natson fumbles a punt away in crunch time and the Rams turn around and release Cooper. There has to be more to this decision or otherwise it does not make sense. I told my wife after the fumble that Natson will be getting released tomorrow.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Somebody gave me grief at the beginning of the year when I mentioned that we should cut Pharoah. Why, because as a receiver, he reminds me of all the other dropsy wide receivers that we had under Fisher. Sure, he was a good return man, but damn! His last attempt at receiving a Goff throw - drop! Can't remember the game, but he was pulled immediately after that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I thought he was a bubble guy in camp tbh so not surprised. Thing with Pharoh is he didn't really develop as a receiver and after that Atlanta game he hasn't looked the same on returns. Without him being a primary punt and kickoff returner he's a bottom roster guy.

Best of luck to him either way. Dude was a good team guy and worked hard hope he catches on somewhere.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Bet Naston is shitting his pants.

Honestly, it makes sense, Cooper has essentially just become a kick returner and the way the rules are set up that position is pretty unnecessary. All we really need is someone to take a knee 95% of the time, and Cooper didn't want to do that, nor is it worth a roster spot for just that.

Punt returners are more valuable.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bet Naston is crapping his pants.

No doubt. Turning the ball over is the one thing that will get you replaced quick as a returner. He is one bad game from being out of a job.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Not a fan of this just like I wasn’t a fan of the Brown cut. But unlike the Brown cut I can see more reasons to cut Pharoh.

Scapegoats for Natson fumbling I guess..?

Problem is nobody touched Natson and he fumbled it, calling fair catches won’t help either. :/
he caught the ball then fumbled on the run . A fair catch would of helped . I just dont like the game depending on a special teams player .

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Surely he'll end up at the Giants with all our other cast offs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Somebody gave me grief at the beginning of the year when I mentioned that we should cut Pharoah. Why, because as a receiver, he reminds me of all the other dropsy wide receivers that we had under Fisher. Sure, he was a good return man, but damn! His last attempt at receiving a Goff throw - drop! Can't remember the game, but he was pulled immediately after that.
So instead we keep a guy that hasn’t proven he can catch anything and fumbles punts.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Countess was doing a good job with KR and Natson is doing good at PR. Cooper can't get on the field in any role outside of special teams for a team he has been on for 3 years. Good time to part ways.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper's recent injury didn't help his career either.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like Merlin said... he hasn't been the same since fumbling in the Atlanta game.
And Natson hasn't been the same since what the 2nd game he started returning punts culminating in Sunday night? I get wanting to move on from Cooper but for Natson? Sorry no salesman can close that deal.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Natson hasn't been the same since what the 2nd game he started returning punts culminating in Sunday night? I get wanting to move on from Cooper but for Natson? Sorry no salesman can close that deal.

Sure he could: the deal is already closed.