Rams re-sign Copeland ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Sorry. She was talking about potential cuts and even with the restructuring, he’s someone that could be cut along with Higbee depending on his the draft goes.

But she seemed pretty convinced that the team would be cutting Allen post June 1st saying McVay loves him, but adding that he and Snead acknowledge Allen just can’t get healthy
Which would stand to reason that a quality OC will be drafted fairly early. I like that plan if we get a starter for 2024.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Which would stand to reason that a quality OC will be drafted fairly early. I like that plan if we get a starter for 2024.
This is the new LA Rams you are talking about. Their early drafting has been very unpredictable. I’m not expecting, or getting my hopes up for any position or player. The Atwell pick was the end of me trying to guess their draft strategy.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCU's Steve Avila appears an ideal choice should the Rams see him available at pick #77. Being both an OG and Center should have him starting in no time on our OL. jmo.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I chuckled that the Rams Facebook page shared him signing and said Officially Official like it's some big signing.

Poor Social Media team.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This is the new LA Rams you are talking about. Their early drafting has been very unpredictable. I’m not expecting, or getting my hopes up for any position or player. The Atwell pick was the end of me trying to guess their draft strategy.
Not only is it unpredictable, it almost seems like the opposite of Ramsnation's consensus. Who had us taking 4 DBs and a RB last year? I know nobody had us taking a WR in 2021, not to mention 2 other WRs, a RB, 5 defensive players and not an OL in sight. Same with 2020...."OL, OL, and more OL". NOT. A RB, WR, TE, 2 S, 2 LB, a PK and a 7th round G! So what to expect this year? The unexpected? Or do they go Edge, CB, C, TE, RB etc. or something completely different?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Good rotational run stuffer, would like to add someone who can push the pocket next to Donald on the DL
There is a super size need here in the Rams for that skill/talent in this DL.

I do not care where the best pass rusher plays on that defensive front just select him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a super size need here in the Rams for that skill/talent in this DL.

I do not care where the best pass rusher plays on that defensive front just select him.

Can you imagine if Edge OLB Nolan Smith fell to our 2'nd round pick and either DL Kancey or Adebawore at #69 ?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Can you imagine if Nolan Smith fell to our 2'nd round pick and either Kancey or Adebawore at #69 ?
You have known me for some time I love to see Snead draft linemen (Defense/Offense) I am not prejudiced of which kind ....just do it!

The defensive prospect will play earlier & your team will get more snaps out of them. This means they pay/return better dividends in your team $$$ investments in that 4 yr contract.

The offensive linemen have to be retrained completely on how to be a starting OL'er in the NFL. Look at Anchrum entering his 4th season & last season under contract only got 2 snaps out of him as a starter in 2022 when they needed him most.

Drafting OL = Poor investment returns!

Hopefully Smead/McVay got two very good retrainers with these two new OL coaches.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You have known me for some time I love to see Snead draft linemen (Defense/Offense) I am not prejudiced of which kind ....just do it!

The defensive prospect will play earlier & your team will get more snaps out of them. This means they pay/return better dividends in your team $$$ investments in that 4 yr contract.

The offensive linemen have to be retrained completely on how to be a starting OL'er in the NFL. Look at Anchrum entering his 4th season & last season under contract only got 2 snaps out of him as a starter in 2022 when they needed him most.

Drafting OL = Poor investment returns!

Hopefully Smead/McVay got two very good retrainers with these two new OL coaches.
Yeah - ok sure. It’s who you draft. The Rams draft Creed Humpries & Colbie Bryant instead of Tutu & Bruss then your point is Jack Crap.
The Rams could have drafted any of the Top 5 Centers in 2021 & gotten more than there moneys worth.Instead they spent how much on Brian Allen & never invested in a starting RG.
RG has always been The Rams problem under Mcvay/Snead. Austin Corbett trade was Awesome!! A 2nd rd pick with 2 years experience for a 5th rd. The Rams got 4th rd COMP pick this year in return as well. Paying dividends.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah - ok sure. It’s who you draft. The Rams draft Creed Humpries & Colbie Bryant instead of Tutu & Bruss then your point is Jack Crap.
The Rams could have drafted any of the Top 5 Centers in 2021 & gotten more than there moneys worth. Instead they spent how much on Brian Allen & never invested in a starting RG.
RG has always been The Rams problem under Mcvay/Snead. Austin Corbett trade was Awesome!! A 2nd rd pick with 2 years experience for a 5th rd. The Rams got 4th rd COMP pick this year in return as well. Paying dividends.
Allen? Yes, what a bad move that helped win them a Superbowl!!!

Corbett? He was as much, if not more of a chance than a rookie in the draft. Especially with his failings in Cleveland. But yeah, he worked out well. So did Jamon Brown in 2017. And Blythe in 2018. Was RG really the problem all these years? Corbett was a 2nd round pick BUST in Cleveland for 1 year and a half, with 11 games (mostly on special teams; he had 15 offensive snaps total) and 0 starts. You call that "experienced"?

Well crap, we're worried about Durant (281 defensive snaps total, 258 the last 6 games) and the rest of the defensive guys who took waaaaaaay more snaps than that?

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
I expected they would resign Copeland.

Good move. Probably didn't cost much and they know what he can do in a rotation.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the failure rate for 1st rounders is more than 50%, let alone in the later rounds. Letting the defense go like they have and relying on draft picks to play like starters, sounds like a plan to fail.
Ashawn is not a guy who moves the needle by keeping him around. Also our DL coach is a strength of the staff. Will they give him enough to work with... We will see.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Allen? Yes, what a bad move that helped win them a Superbowl!!!

Corbett? He was as much, if not more of a chance than a rookie in the draft. Especially with his failings in Cleveland. But yeah, he worked out well. So did Jamon Brown in 2017. And Blythe in 2018. Was RG really the problem all these years? Corbett was a 2nd round pick BUST in Cleveland for 1 year and a half, with 11 games (mostly on special teams; he had 15 offensive snaps total) and 0 starts. You call that "experienced"?

Well crap, we're worried about Durant (281 defensive snaps total, 258 the last 6 games) and the rest of the defensive guys who took waaaaaaay more snaps than that?

Not really getting your DRIFT!!

So what your saying is Aaron Kromer is a GREAT O’Line coach?

Will see what Bruss & Durant do in 2023. I’m still going to say 100% that Kendrick will have a better NFL career than Durant.I know all the Nay’Sayer’s will bomb me.2023 though will be upon us & Durant will payoff more than Kendrick.

I guess Creed Humpries helped KC win a Superbowl in 2022. Where was Brian Allen? Point being that was resigned,instead of becoming a FA.

You can have your views,but as far as The Rams future goes. I’d say Les Snead & Mcvay could have done much better.

If you’re going with Bonify’d on the draft then I’LL always say BEST VALUE PLAYER by Position of need. —I also believe in trading up when needed,but you have to hit on that player. Plus no SMALL player such as Tutu,Austin & J.Joyner when your talking about BEEF!!

If we are talking Copeland ? Add J.Williams & Hoecht.

If your talking A.Jackson , then add The Brown Bro’s,but know because of injuries Jackson is ahead of them.Thise are core player to Break Out in 2023.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Not really getting your DRIFT!!

So what your saying is Aaron Kromer is a GREAT O’Line coach?

Will see what Bruss & Durant do in 2023. I’m still going to say 100% that Kendrick will have a better NFL career than Durant.I know all the Nay’Sayer’s will bomb me.2023 though will be upon us & Durant will payoff more than Kendrick.

I guess Creed Humpries helped KC win a Superbowl in 2022. Where was Brian Allen? Point being that was resigned,instead of becoming a FA.

You can have your views,but as far as The Rams future goes. I’d say Les Snead & Mcvay could have done much better.

If you’re going with Bonify’d on the draft then I’LL always say BEST VALUE PLAYER by Position of need. —I also believe in trading up when needed,but you have to hit on that player. Plus no SMALL player such as Tutu,Austin & J.Joyner when your talking about BEEF!!

If we are talking Copeland ? Add J.Williams & Hoecht.

If your talking A.Jackson , then add The Brown Bro’s,but know because of injuries Jackson is ahead of them.Thise are core player to Break Out in 2023.
My post had absolutely nothing to do with Bonifay. I was commenting on your comments. The draft? I hope they get a C who can play both G and C. They seem to like versatility. If they used #36 on Schmidt, I'd be fine but I don't think he lasts till then. He's more hyped than Creed Humphrey was, who was the 3rd ranked C. If they go another direction, I'm fine with that too. We need Edge desperately and could use a TE, RB, CB, C/G, WR, ILB, PK, S, DL and another Edge. In no particular order (though I hope Edge is early and twice selected).

Creed Humphries did help KC win a SB. So he and Brian Allen are tied in Lombardi's. :sunglasses:But just like any other great draft pick, you can't get them all. You can only use your picks as you see fit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My post had absolutely nothing to do with Bonifay. I was commenting on your comments. The draft? I hope they get a C who can play both G and C. They seem to like versatility. If they used #36 on Schmidt, I'd be fine but I don't think he lasts till then. He's more hyped than Creed Humphrey was, who was the 3rd ranked C. If they go another direction, I'm fine with that too. We need Edge desperately and could use a TE, RB, CB, C/G, WR, ILB, PK, S, DL and another Edge. In no particular order (though I hope Edge is early and twice selected).

Creed Humphries did help KC win a SB. So he and Brian Allen are tied in Lombardi's. :sunglasses:But just like any other great draft pick, you can't get them all. You can only use your picks as you see fit.

Joe Tippan will be a better Center & Bruss isn’t as good.Hindsite would be have a couple of do overs.

I say put The pipe down if Schmitz is The Rams choice. He WILL be there at #36.

I totally agree with all your other positions need. I think finding a say Joesph Noteboom (better) type OT that could be a swing guy . Maybe even competing for a Starting Tackle Spot L/R?

An EDGE is a must & almost drafting The Best Available is the Bigger need.Value of the Draft always comes into play.

Taylor Rapp IMO was a reach.The Rams valuing a FS/SS that high?
JJ43 was a Free Pick in 2017.I believe in trading up.

Wanted Johnathan Taylor because he was NFL ready.Cam Akers is only 22(23). Les Snead needed to draft a bigger RB. The RB from BC(GB) instead of Can Jefferson. Could The Rams have traded up with The T. Lewis pick & Cam Akers? I don’t know.

—I think both Cam Akers & Van Jefferson have excellent seasons. There both in contract years though.