Rams re-sign Copeland ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I count seven ... Gaines, Wagner, Floyd, Ramsey, Scott, Rapp and Long.

Did I miss someone?

Considered Long and Hill, when healthy, the primary 2nd and 3rd CBs; and starters.

Yeah, hill.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
When you have the departures of NT Gaines & 5 tech DT Robinson there was a great need to find a run stopper to try to fill those rather large shoes. Positive signing for a low economy price. Copeland is versatile & can line up anywhere on that 3 DL front.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Signing Copeland is an ok plus signing, but he doesn't move the needle much. Can't say I expect much based on how unwilling we are to spend 2024 money for upgrades. Hopefully he outplays his deal.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I like it..... Copeland... Bobby Brown and Murchison ... thats a decent group... we'll add to it but it's a nice start

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here here. I second that.

I'd also like to add Ty Nsekhe, those two would satisfy my pre-draft want list. As much as I'd still like to see A'Shawn included, I'm thinking he remains out of our reach.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So looks like Shelton is our C and Brian Allen is a post June 1st cut according to speculation from Jourdan Rodrigue

Rams are high on Shelton and Anchrum as well as Bruss, so maybe we’re ok?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So looks like Shelton is our C and Brian Allen is a post June 1st cut according to speculation from Jourdan Rodrigue

Rams are high on Shelton and Anchrum as well as Bruss, so maybe we’re ok?

Do you have a link to Jourdan Rodrigue's 'speculation' ?

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Good rotational run stuffer, would like to add someone who can push the pocket next to Donald on the DL

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I count seven ... Gaines, Wagner, Floyd, Ramsey, Scott, Rapp and Long.

Did I miss someone?

Considered Long and Hill, when healthy, the primary 2nd and 3rd CBs; and starters.
Yeah, I'm considering A'Shawn to be all but gone as I believe we aren't even negotiating with his people.

That would make 8 starters (Gaines, A'Shawn, Wagner, Floyd, Ramsey, Scott, Rapp and Troy Hill) and if we count David Long as a backup/part time player that makes a total of 9 gone from our defense.

This purging of the defense has got to be unprecedented in Rams history. I remain hopeful that McVay and Snead have a plan. I just wish I had an inkling as to what it is.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I doubt they have plans to bring Ashawn back. In his contract we signed him to the only stretch he lived up to expectations was the title run. Which was great. But no way they pay him again. Thanks for the memories big fella.

Also re: the plan on defense is to load it at least a little in this draft and see where they're at for 2024 after the season. We'll get the corner, an edge, a safety, a DL for the rotation. Then go crazy with UDFAs. Defense won't be great unless they hit on a corner and edge. Or get an elite player in there somewhere.

Offense will get a TE hopefully, then an iOL late rounds. Feels to me like drafting defense is the plan but who knows.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
It was in a ytvid from Friday

Is she saying that even though the Rams just restructured his contract, they are still going to cut him ? Does this make any sense ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, I'm considering A'Shawn to be all but gone as I believe we aren't even negotiating with his people.

That would make 8 starters (Gaines, A'Shawn, Wagner, Floyd, Ramsey, Scott, Rapp and Troy Hill) and if we count David Long as a backup/part time player that makes a total of 9 gone from our defense.

This purging of the defense has got to be unprecedented in Rams history. I remain hopeful that McVay and Snead have a plan. I just wish I had an inkling as to what it is.

~ArkyRamsFan~
The Rams also cut Hollins,Burgees & Lewis. What about Troy Hill as well? Those were all players that have been apart of the rotations. 2 starters.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt they have plans to bring Ashawn back. In his contract we signed him to the only stretch he lived up to expectations was the title run. Which was great. But no way they pay him again. Thanks for the memories big fella.

Also re: the plan on defense is to load it at least a little in this draft and see where they're at for 2024 after the season. We'll get the corner, an edge, a safety, a DL for the rotation. Then go crazy with UDFAs. Defense won't be great unless they hit on a corner and edge. Or get an elite player in there somewhere.

Offense will get a TE hopefully, then an iOL late rounds. Feels to me like drafting defense is the plan but who knows.
I think the failure rate for 1st rounders is more than 50%, let alone in the later rounds. Letting the defense go like they have and relying on draft picks to play like starters, sounds like a plan to fail.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Is she saying that even though the Rams just restructured his contract, they are still going to cut him ? Does this make any sense ?

Sorry. She was talking about potential cuts and even with the restructuring, he’s someone that could be cut along with Higbee depending on his the draft goes.

But she seemed pretty convinced that the team would be cutting Allen post June 1st saying McVay loves him, but adding that he and Snead acknowledge Allen just can’t get healthy